Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 349

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

  1. #221
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is just wrong, did everyone forget the implosion of 2008, final year of Mangini, with Favre? 8-3, top of conference to no playoffs? How does anything top that debacle? The Joe Walton years? Al Groh's only season? This team was shredded with injuries all year, this past year can't even compare to some of those other years.

    Some of you have short term memories.
    Favre? Are you kidding me? We invested a first round pick in Mark, and gave him the keys to the Cadillac. We all enjoyed two of the most exciting playoff runs in this team's history. This franchise was poised to ascend to the top of the league...

    And then, like a fcking water-balloon. KAPLOOSH. Point fingers all you want. It doesn't matter. It is what is now.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I thought maybe you were just being naive, but now i'm beginning to see that's more of a case of ignorance.

    Let me spell it out for you. It doesn't matter who, what, when and where. It just is. Sanchez mentally blew an ACL - Lattimore style. It's just a waiting game now.
    LOL. So now were into name calling. LOL. Shocking!

  3. #223
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Name calling?? I'm describing your behavior.

    You don't do so hot when someone disagrees with you and makes a good point. Learn to concede.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Name calling?? I'm describing your behavior.

    You don't do so hot when someone disagrees with you and makes a good point. Learn to concede.
    LOL. Whatever you say.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I agree, he has had difficulties with the screen passes, predominantly getting the ball over the defenders arms.

    I will question how much the screen was/is practiced and what percentage of the playbook plays are based off of it. In the 4 years that Rex has been coach , I might be exaggerating but if they called 2 dozen screens it seems like a lot. I also got the feel that the screens in general were never quite setup effectively, almost that the RB's never cleared the LOS and the plays were more like laterals than actual screens.

    MM's offense should ramp up those numbers extensively and thus also drive the practice reps up accordingly. Like anything else if you don't practice it and use it often it can become a problem.
    Quarterbacks have to be able to manipulate the rush with their footwork and reads to get the defense to buy the intermediate pass. Not only does Sanchez not have any sense of timing when trying to execute a screen, he also fails to sell the play. A large percentage of screens run with him under center end up as busted plays because the defense reads him easily.

    Did it ever occur to you that the reason the Jets have run so few screen plays in his career is that he is so bad at it? Plays called do not necessarily equal plays practiced. Sometimes a play that is practiced a lot doesn't get called because it didn't work in practice.

    Of the small number of screens run with Sanchez, I'd bet the majority of them happened during the first year and a half he started.
    Last edited by kali yuga; 03-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because its obvious Sanchez is a different player today then '09-'10. Those that say differently are wrong. So why is that? Yes, he sucked in '12, but what about all the talk on here from last season how the RBs sucked and how bad the Jets WRs were? So then how could any QB be successful if that is the case? Add to that the clueless OC, who if he was any good as an OC would still be here, right?

    All I'm saying is considering all that and how Sanchez is most likely a Jet in '13, due to his contract/cap hit, lets see what Mornhenwig, a proven, competent OC/developer of QBs, can do. If he sux, he's gone. The Jets aren't going to the SB this season.

    I've suggested going after Foles, if Mornhenwig endorses him, since he knows him and his abilities better than anyone, including Reid. Why spend a 2nd round pick on a QB in the draft if your OC already has coached Foles.
    Yeah, when Sanchez threw 12 TDs v. 20 INTs in 2009 and a had a passer rating under 70, he was a much much better player

    - Revisionist history guy


  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Name calling?? I'm describing your behavior.

    You don't do so hot when someone disagrees with you and makes a good point. Learn to concede.
    Agree. Good poster, but frustrating to deal with sometimes due to his ego...
    Takes everything as a personal attack.

  8. #228
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    You can make those same statements about Sanchez. Other than implementing G&P which masked the woeful developement of the JETS offensive skill players, Rex has virtually ignored the offensive side of the ball.

    Do you think Cavanaugh helped Sanchez ??? I don't .
    Do you think Sanchez was surrounded by great offensive talent ?? I don't.

    Again Sanchez may be all the things his critics here say he is( inaccurate, gunshy, a turnover machine, poor arm , can't read defenses). But , maybe, just maybe he was never developed and utilized in an offensive system that could truly help him and the Jets have a real offense, one that Rex was so unwilling to unleash.
    Not to live in the past but under Cavanaugh, Sanchez went to two AFCCG. However, when his role expanded Sanchez crumbled. He simply is not ready or talented enough to carry a team and help his surrounding casrt to get better.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-01-2013 at 07:21 PM.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah, when Sanchez threw 12 TDs v. 20 INTs in 2009 and a had a passer rating under 70, he was a much much better player

    - Revisionist history guy

    Wait a second, didn't Sanchez lead the Jets to 4 playoff victories in '09 and '10?

    Doesn't matter that he has been the worst starting QB in the NFL over the most recent two year period.

    He's a winner.

  10. #230
    McElroy is still the best QB option out of the group of Sensitive Six, Brady Quinn and a QB who hasn't played a down of football in over two years.

  11. #231
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Because its obvious Sanchez is a different player today then '09-'10. Those that say differently are wrong. So why is that? Yes, he sucked in '12, but what about all the talk on here from last season how the RBs sucked and how bad the Jets WRs were? So then how could any QB be successful if that is the case? Add to that the clueless OC, who if he was any good as an OC would still be here, right?

    All I'm saying is considering all that and how Sanchez is most likely a Jet in '13, due to his contract/cap hit, lets see what Mornhenwig, a proven, competent OC/developer of QBs, can do. If he sux, he's gone. The Jets aren't going to the SB this season.

    I've suggested going after Foles, if Mornhenwig endorses him, since he knows him and his abilities better than anyone, including Reid. Why spend a 2nd round pick on a QB in the draft if your OC already has coached Foles.
    If he is a Jet in 2013 I will support him and hope for the best. I am a Jets fan. I also would LOVE to see us get Foles and Moore and dump Sanchez. The Jets won't be going to a SB with Sanchez this year or ever. Mark just does not have it in him. NY has gotten into his head and he feels sorry for himself, I think. He is sloppy in the pocket; not especially strong armed; inaccurate; and I question his leadership skills. He is certinly not in the class as Vinny was when we got him. Yet in Tampa VT was scorned. He prospered when he left there. I think that is what MARK needs. I think it would be good for the Jets as well.

    I doubt he will ever have the ability to elevate the play of those surrounding him regardless of who the OC or QB coach are. I hope that I am wrong if he stays in NY.

    Re the talk of the team sucking around him: Well with his inaccurate passing and penchant for holding the ball too long and staring at a receiver, is it any wonder guys do not have high receiving statistics? Didn't Holmes have a go at Sanchez because of that the year before last? I also think that our OL gave him enough time most of the time and he just could not make quick decisions. Then when he tried to make quick decisions he threw interceptions. What team can play well with that type of QBing? No run game? Greene still got over a thousand yards I believe. But teams do not fear Sanchez and can stack the LOS without fear! Show me which RB would excel under those conditions.

    Its a team game and the QB is the most important player on the field. He has to be a leader and not sulk on the bench when he throws an interception or a receiver drops a pass.

    As a Jets fan I will support whoever we get to play QB in 2013. I want to win and it makes no difference to me which QB is our starter.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-01-2013 at 07:20 PM.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    McElroy is still the best QB option out of the group of Sensitive Six, Brady Quinn and a QB who hasn't played a down of football in over two years.
    LOL

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If he is a Jet in 2013 I will support him and hope for the best. I am a Jets fan. I also would LOVE to see us get Foles and Moore and dump Sanchez. The Jets won't be going to a SB with Sanchez this year or ever. Mark just does not have it in him. NY has gotten into his head and he feels sorry for himself, I think. He is sloppy in the pocket; not especially strong armed; inaccurate; and I question his leadership skills. He is certinly not in the class as Vinny was when we got him. Yet in Tampa VT was scorned. He prospered when he left there. I think that is what MARK needs. I think it would be good for the Jets as well.

    I doubt he will ever have the ability to elevate the play of those surrounding him regardless of who the OC or QB coach are. I hope that I am wrong if he stays in NY.

    Re the talk of the team sucking around him: Well with his inaccurate passing and penchant for holding the ball too long and staring at a receiver, is it any wonder guys do not have high receiving statistics? Didn't Holmes have a go at Sanchez because of that the year before last? I also think that our OL gave him enough time most of the time and he just could not make quick decisions. Then when he tried to make quick decisions he threw interceptions. What team can play well with that type of QBing? No run game? Greene still got over a thousand yards I believe. But teams do not fear Sanchez and can stack the LOS without fear! Show me which RB would excel under those conditions.

    Its a team game and the QB is the most important player on the field. He has to be a leader and not sulk on the bench when he throws an interception or a receiver drops a pass.

    As a Jets fan I will support whoever we get to play QB in 2013. I want to win and it makes no difference to me which QB is our starter.
    This summarizes everything I feel about Sanchez for the last few years.
    He'll never improve enough to be a long term successful QB, he still plays like a guy who doesn't understand the position and lacks the skillset to be successful even if he did.

    Vinnie had physical gifts (monster arm) and could make throws no one else in the league would even attempt. There's no comparison physically between the two.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If he is a Jet in 2013 I will support him and hope for the best. I am a Jets fan. I also would LOVE to see us get Foles and Moore and dump Sanchez. The Jets won't be going to a SB with Sanchez this year or ever. Mark just does not have it in him. NY has gotten into his head and he feels sorry for himself, I think. He is sloppy in the pocket; not especially strong armed; inaccurate; and I question his leadership skills. He is certinly not in the class as Vinny was when we got him. Yet in Tampa VT was scorned. He prospered when he left there. I think that is what MARK needs. I think it would be good for the Jets as well.

    I doubt he will ever have the ability to elevate the play of those surrounding him regardless of who the OC or QB coach are. I hope that I am wrong if he stays in NY.

    Re the talk of the team sucking around him: Well with his inaccurate passing and penchant for holding the ball too long and staring at a receiver, is it any wonder guys do not have high receiving statistics? Didn't Holmes have a go at Sanchez because of that the year before last? I also think that our OL gave him enough time most of the time and he just could not make quick decisions. Then when he tried to make quick decisions he threw interceptions. What team can play well with that type of QBing? No run game? Greene still got over a thousand yards I believe. But teams do not fear Sanchez and can stack the LOS without fear! Show me which RB would excel under those conditions.

    Its a team game and the QB is the most important player on the field. He has to be a leader and not sulk on the bench when he throws an interception or a receiver drops a pass.

    As a Jets fan I will support whoever we get to play QB in 2013. I want to win and it makes no difference to me which QB is our starter.
    Absolutely see all your points and have said some of the same things / flaws. If Idzik/Woody want to dump him now go right ahead. But since it doesn't appear, due to his contract, that will happen might as well see what, if anything, Mornhenwig can do with him. I'm not saying start him, or anything like that. If he sux he's gone.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Favre? Are you kidding me? We invested a first round pick in Mark, and gave him the keys to the Cadillac. We all enjoyed two of the most exciting playoff runs in this team's history. This franchise was poised to ascend to the top of the league...

    And then, like a fcking water-balloon. KAPLOOSH. Point fingers all you want. It doesn't matter. It is what is now.
    Uh huh, and many QB's go through ups and downs, last year was complete team regression, mostly due to injuries. What QB do you think wins with Marty Gilyard, Chaz Schilenz, and Kerley as their WR's, and Rueland a TE? This was the case for several games. We were missing 2 of our top 3 RB's for multiple games last year.

    There were other facets that regressed, ST's play was abysmal last year, presumably also due to the numerous injuries and the fluctuation at the bottom of the roster.

    Far too many fans are dumping on Sanchez because it's the easy thing to do, THAT is ignorance. This isn't to say Sanchez goes without blame, he most certainly deserves some, but the book on Sanchez doesn't have to be closed with the Jets because fans say so, and he could very well reap the benefit of Mornhinweg and the WCO, it CAN happen.

  16. #236
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,417
    Problem with Garrard and Quinn is that they're just stop-gaps, probably not even that to be honest. Nothing wrong with bringing them to camp but you don't want them starting. That's just spinning our wheels, would rather start a rookie. Or make a trade for Flynn, Foles, or Kolb, at least they have potential.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    McElroy is still the best QB option out of the group of Sensitive Six, Brady Quinn and a QB who hasn't played a down of football in over two years.
    Disagree totally. McElroy is garbage. Can't make a read, can't throw and is insanely injury-prone.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Doesn't matter that he has been the worst starting QB in the NFL over the most recent two year period.
    Your boy Matt Cassell earned that honor when he found it he couldn't just checkdown it to Welker anymore.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Problem with Garrard and Quinn is that they're just stop-gaps, probably not even that to be honest. Nothing wrong with bringing them to camp but you don't want them starting. That's just spinning our wheels, would rather start a rookie. Or make a trade for Flynn, Foles, or Kolb, at least they have potential.
    Flynn - would probably be successful here but we can't do the move b/c of cap constraints

    Kolb - scrub

    Foles - the next Kevin Kolb/AJ Feeley (why does everyone love Philly's crappy backup qbs?)



    Garrard is cheap and capable. He would have started for the Dolphins last yr had he not injured his foot in preseason.

  20. #240
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Flynn - would probably be successful here but we can't do the move b/c of cap constraints

    Kolb - scrub

    Foles - the next Kevin Kolb/AJ Feeley (why does everyone love Philly's crappy backup qbs?)



    Garrard is cheap and capable. He would have started for the Dolphins last yr had he not injured his foot in preseason.
    Thank you...

    Also Garrard eventually left from the Jacksonville Jaguars not becuse he wasnt any good but because Jacksonville wanted to save money but people just make stuff up out here like Garrard was a medicore journeyman QB!!!!!

    Indeed in Garrard's last year with Jacksonville he concluded the 2010 season by throwing for 23 touchdowns, 2,734 yards and a quarterback rating of 91, while earning a spot in the 2010 Pro Bowl. Jacksonville drafted a QB and cut Garrard to stop from giving Garrard the money he deserved...ummm how did that work out for Jacksonville??

    Great right

    Garrard has been a better NFL QB then Quin or Sanchez or all of the other FA QBs available now!!! Are we kidding!!!

    FF run amuck!!!

    Good Grief!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us