Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard Works Out For Jets Today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now Raymond's been broken down to the point that he can communicate only by markings. Truly remarkable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    Is Matt Moore really that much out of our price range? He's the no s*** guy we should sign
    Agreed. I get the feeling Moore already has an unofficial deal worked out with another franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I never thought highly of him, but he probably wouldn't be worse than what we have now.
    THIS- anyone is an improvement over Sanchez and Teblow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Agreed. I get the feeling Moore already has an unofficial deal worked out with another franchise.
    I'm sure he's going to get at least 5mil a year for 4 years, and a good bonus. That's okay if you think he's the future, but he's not. I'm glad the Jets aren't panicking. We need someone for a year or two, and for a year or two Gerrard would be the better, and cheaper option. We'll have the picks, and the $ next year to get our franchise QB. God willing. Unless we find a gem later in the draft this year(Bray?), which is possible, but unlikely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I'm sure he's going to get at least 5mil a year for 4 years, and a good bonus. That's okay if you think he's the future, but he's not. I'm glad the Jets aren't panicking. We need someone for a year or two, and for a year or two Gerrard would be the better, and cheaper option. We'll have the picks, and the $ next year to get our franchise QB. God willing. Unless we find a gem later in the draft this year(Bray?), which is possible, but unlikely.
    Garrard is finished. He hasn't played in 2 years & wasn't playing much before that.
    Garrard will never play QB for the NY Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And now Raymond's been broken down to the point that he can communicate only by markings. Truly remarkable.
    You are tool, not so remarkable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He's won 11 games in a season, including 4 comeback wins in the final minutes of the game or in overtime.

He's won 4 playoff games, on the road
    Any QB in the NFL could have done that with the #1 defense and the #1 running game in the NFL.

What has he accomplished the last 2 years?

Led the Jets to a 10-18 record, missed the playoffs 2 straight years, was the statistically the worst starting QB in the league and led the entire NFL in turnovers.

Good call on Sanchez's ability as a NFL QB.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You are tool, not so remarkable.
    You are such doosh!! Serioulsy, you need to be banned. You bring aboslutely nothing this board, ruin every thread because all you do is call people names.

The last time you were banned the board was so much better because of it.

You have no clue when to STFU. You have serious issues!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You are such doosh!! Serioulsy, you need to be banned. You bring aboslutely nothing this board, ruin every thread because all you do is call people names.

The last time you were banned the board was so much better because of it.

You have no clue when to STFU. You have serious issues!
    Really?

The guy spent several hours attacking me and C Mart, over a football discussion. Go back and read.

And now here are you, with your own hidden agenda with me, attacking me as well, but I'm the one who needs to be banned?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys truly want competition for Sanchez then you should go with Garrard. The age and injury issues are a concern for sure, but when healthy he is a better quarterback than Matt Moore and will cost less as well. However, the biggest issue with getting Matt Moore is that he is a notoriously bad practice player. Steps up in games for sure, but if you guys really want somebody that can take Sanchez' job in training camp, or at least provide competition, Matt Moore probably isn't the guy. I still think he's a better quarterback, at least based on what Sanchez has shown the last couple of years, and he would probably play better during games, but for whatever reason he just sucks in practice, and based on his training camp with the dolphins last year, he's probably the one quarterback that Sanchez could beat out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Any QB in the NFL could have done that with the #1 defense and the #1 running game in the NFL.

Led the Jets to a 10-18 record, missed the playoffs 2 straight years, was the statistically the worst starting QB in the league and led the entire NFL in turnovers.
    As usual, being the pathetic troll you are, you completely miss the point. I don't need your trolling history lessons, my response was to a post about what Sanchez can give the Jets at best, which is complete crap. Sanchez did struggle, not all of last year is on him, he had nobody around him with injuries all year, and his confidence was shot. He COULD bouce back, he could benefit from a coach like Mornhinweg in the WCO, and no, not any QB can win 4 playoff games, I don't care what the defense does or the running game can do, teams would then scheme their game plans to go all out to stop the running game and make Sanchez beat them, and he did, on several occassions, especially during the Jets 11 win season in 2010, and again in the playoffs into the AFCCG.

Too many are writing Sanchez off, they could be right, but right now, it's not a forgone conclusion, Sanchez does, and will get that final chance. And as I also acknowledged, the Jets will smartly prepare for either scenario, that he can perservere or that he fails.

You were the one that claimed Sanchez was a great pick, you mimmicked Carroll's comments about him coming out. Do you think we forget this? And now you're trying to spin this around on others? LOL, you are a joke.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

"Mark Sanchez will not be a bust"

You said that the day the kid was drafted I believe. You can keep ripping Mark now because you find it f*cking hilarious to sit on a Jets board and troll for reaction, but no one that's been here for that long is going to forget it. Most of us know you do this for sh*ts and giggles, but when you derail almost every thread it gets tiresome.

I don't know if Sanchez can bounce back from the past two years but to say that he was "along for the ride" in 2010 is absolute non-sense (sorry McDawg, you know I still <3 ya). His numbers weren't anything to write home about, but his play was much better. Pats week 2, Miami week 3, Buffalo week 4, the 3 comebacks, Pitt and Chicago were all really good performances. He then played great in the playoffs and we thought we were set at the position for the next 10+ years. In short, his 2010 season was the polar opposite of his 2011 season (Solid numbers but in reality, sh*t play).

We're going to draft a QB early (2nd/3rd round) and bring in a vet, but if you think for one second that this team isn't deep down hoping that the QB they're paying a massive amount of money and spent a high draft pick on cant somehow turn it around with Mornhinweg, who is a solid when it comes to the development of QB's and runs an offense suited perfectly for Mark, then you are completely delusional. If he fails, he fails. We'll be ready. But he's going to get another shot. Like I said to the Revis freaks around here regarding that mess, the sooner you accept this, the softer the blow will be for you when it actually happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post

You said that the day the kid was drafted I believe. You can keep ripping Mark now because you find it f*cking hilarious to sit on a Jets board and troll for reaction, but no one that's been here for that long is going to forget it. Most of us know you do this for sh*ts and giggles, but when you derail almost every thread it gets tiresome.

I don't know if Sanchez can bounce back from the past two years but to say that he was "along for the ride" in 2010 is absolute non-sense (sorry McDawg, you know I still <3 ya). His numbers weren't anything to write home about, but his play was much better. Pats week 2, Miami week 3, Buffalo week 4, the 3 comebacks, Pitt and Chicago were all really good performances. He then played great in the playoffs and we thought we were set at the position for the next 10+ years. In short, his 2010 season was the polar opposite of his 2011 season (Solid numbers but in reality, sh*t play).

We're going to draft a QB early (2nd/3rd round) and bring in a vet, but if you think for one second that this team isn't deep down hoping that the QB they're paying a massive amount of money and spent a high draft pick on cant somehow turn it around with Mornhinweg, who is a solid when it comes to the development of QB's and runs an offense suited perfectly for Mark, then you are completely delusional. If he fails, he fails. We'll be ready. But he's going to get another shot. Like I said to the Revis freaks around here regarding that mess, the sooner you accept this, the softer the blow will be for you when it actually happens.
    Logic isnt allowed on this board...Be careful you're in a minority
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-01-2013 at 09:19 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Post, M. Spot on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I remember him GAME ONE versus the TEXANS. he looked great.

I would love to have that kid again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely take Garrard over Quinn. Garrard can be a legitimate average starting QB if the injury issues are good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Logic isnt allowed on this board...Be careful you're in a minority
    What makes me laugh is I remember my 1st posts on this board where how bad of a pick Sanchez was and I was basically told to stop posting. I actually did for like 2 years then for some reason came back. All this time now and I still see people making excuses for Sanchez. How about just admitting he wasn't a good draft pick. He was a huge unproven project QB that didn't fit the O we where running. He was hyped in a very weak class and we fell for it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What makes me laugh is I remember my 1st posts on this board where how bad of a pick Sanchez was and I was basically told to stop posting. I actually did for like 2 years then for some reason came back. All this time now and I still see people making excuses for Sanchez. How about just admitting he wasn't a good draft pick. He was a huge unproven project QB that didn't fit the O we where running. He was hyped in a very weak class and we fell for it.
    Forget it. The new "mantra" amongst these folks is that Mornhinweg can "fix" Sanchez.

IMO, Sanchez can't be "fixed" because he has always sucked. It's just that our team was better his first two years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Forget it. The new "mantra" amongst these folks is that Mornhinweg can "fix" Sanchez.

IMO, Sanchez can't be "fixed" because he has always sucked. It's just that our team was better his first two years.
    Borgo my man, the mantra is "see if..if not he's gone in '14"...He's here in '13 so why not try..Mornhenwig is an experienced and proven OC & developer of QBs, unlike the genius Sparano. And again all we read on here last season is how ****ty the Jets RBs were, how the Jets didn't have any WRs, yet it's all on Sanchez? Again, if he ****s the bed in '13, he's gone in '14..Jets aren't going to the SB anyway...

And c'mon..He hasn't always sucked..Geez, people have short memories...You don't win 11 games in '10 and then beat Manning in Indy (leading a drive to kick the GW FG) and Brady in NE with a "always sucked" QB...