View Poll Results: OFFICIAL JI POLL: Trade Revis to 49ers for picks 31 & 34?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

130 66.67%
  • No

65 33.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL JI POLL: Trade Revis to 49ers for picks 31 & 34?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

OFFICIAL JI POLL: Trade Revis to 49ers for picks 31 & 34?

Please vote and feel free to leave your reasons.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 02-28-2013 at 05:36 PM.

All League
    That is the bare minimum of what i would accept, but assuming there is no better offer out there, i would settle for that versus losing him to FA and getting a supplemental 3rd next year or investing 16 million in a QB when we don't even have a QB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    He isn't going to make that much of difference this year and he'll be gone next year. Get what you can while you can.

Hall Of Fame
    That offer is weak.

But if that was the BEST offer I would take it. It's clear that he's not in the Jets future plans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Please vote and feel free to leave your reasons.
    Yes.

I hate to do it, but...Love Revis and don't think we'll get 2 guys to replace him but we need too many positions to pay 1 $15M per year to be in the basement.

Tough decision, but I voted yes. Its good value, gives us two extra early picks, and if there was someone we REALLY wanted, this trade gives us some ammo.

All Pro
    I doubt the 49ers will give that much, but I think the Jets should do it if the 49ers do offer that.

All League
    HELL NO. Trade a future HoF for two second rounders? Are you ***ing kidding me? What are the chances that even one of those picsk ends up being an every game starter? 50% at best?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That is the bare minimum of what i would accept, but assuming there is no better offer out there, i would settle for that versus losing him to FA and getting a supplemental 3rd next year or investing 16 million in a QB when we don't even have a QB.
    Depending on what FAs we sign in 2014 we might not get a supplemental pick for Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    Tough decision, but I voted yes. Its good value, gives us two extra early picks, and if there was someone we REALLY wanted, this trade gives us some ammo.
    We'd have 4 picks in the top 40. That would go a long way in adding some MUCH MUCH MUCH needed depth.

The only problem is that we're talking about depth. I doubt we'd get quality day 1 starters from every one of those picks... and there's absolutely no way to replace the value Revis has on the field.

However, we could realistically come away with Warmack, Ball, and both OLB positions filled. Wouldn't be bad except that's a lot of inexperience. Unfortunately it's the best choice we have right now too. I'd much rather get a 1st round this year and a 1st round next year and posture ourselves for getting one of the Top 5 prospects to come out... which would be some serious game changers because next years draft up top is fantastic.

Hall Of Fame
    With our first two picks and 31 and 34 we could have four starters from this draft. We have alot of needs and this is the kind of deal that fills them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'd hope....and I'd guess....that if that's the offer someone else would come in and beat it. Even if it was just a 1st this year and then a series of conditional picks I think someone could best that offer.

2013 - 1st round pick
    2014 - 3rd round pick (can become a 2nd rounder if Revis plays more than 75% of defensive snaps, can become a 1st if Revis makes Pro Bowl in 2013).
    2015 - 4th round pick (can become a 3rd rounder if Revis plays more than 75% of defensive snaps, can become a 2nd if Revis makes Pro Bowl in 2014).

Practice Squad
    It it was the best offer out there, you take it. We need too many holes to fill.

All Pro
    Stuck like chuck between a roc and tightwad but heres what i would do. Get rid of Revis 4 the picz soooo the jets have #9, #31, #34... U could get some serious talent with those picz..

Hall Of Fame
    With great trepidation I voted yes. I want to keep Revis. The Jets would be better off with Revis. The fact remains that we get a measly comp pick if we wait until next year and he leaves and he has shown in the past he wants top dollar. The Jets, like it or not need to do some rebuilding.

Veteran
    Maybe sitting on him til the season starts and trading him after he proves his worth for the first few weeks may be of a more beneficial way to go. Still the risk is we lose him for nothing and he signs with the highest bidder

Moving him at the deadline might work for some more premium picks if he shows he's healthy.

Alas it's looks like it's too far gone for him to wear green this season.

So the trade has to happen now.

At this point, trading one of the best players in the history of the franchise away for the proverbial bag of chips may be the only way to go.

Only the damn Jets.

All League
    Seems like 49ers aren't going to pursue Revis. Could be just posturing so take it for what it's worth...

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/...-pursue-revis/

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    HELL NO. Trade a future HoF for two second rounders? Are you ***ing kidding me? What are the chances that even one of those picsk ends up being an every game starter? 50% at best?
    You simply cannot look at it like that. From a strict player value? You are correct but if we do not trade him now and he leaves via FA we get a 3rd round pick for a future hof. Any trade is based on whether we can afford his salary demands.

No. You roll the dice and try to keep him if that's the best offer out there.

Veteran
    well there's no guarantee that a mid 1st round pick will be an everyday starter. I expect starters out of the first 3 rounds. the rest is for depth. when did a low 1st/ early 2nd rounder become crap. we get essentially a rb, oline, qb, wr or te with those 3 picks that jets will get. a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush