Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE TRADE FOR FLYNN OR FOLES!

Undrafted Free Agent

PLEASE TRADE FOR FLYNN OR FOLES!

Why wouldn't they do this? Both of these guys deserve a chance! Plus neither cost that much.

Honestly, we (the fans) have to get the "trade for a player" mentality out of our heads right now. The Jets first need to trade certain players away, players who are causing a mess for the Jets on the field, in the locker room and/or financially.

The Jets can't afford to take chances with larger salaries on unproven QBs. Build the team back up, because the NYJ aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Hope I'm wrong and Sanchez plays like Joe Montana next year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    So you think it's more likely that Sanchez plays like Montana than Foles or Flynn are any good?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Woody is riding Rex and Mark down the river, not spending more millions to clean up the mess.

We are a 3-4 year rebuild. There's no point in spending more money on the wrong quarterback now.

SAR I

What has Matt Flynn done?

Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    So you think it's more likely that Sanchez plays like Montana than Foles or Flynn are any good?
    I think none of them are the answer. Don't waste money we don't have on any of them (any more, anyway).

I really don't get the obsession with unproven guys. Flynn has had a whole 1 game (which is what everyone bases their love for him on), and Foles was nothing special last year.

flynn contract isnt cheap..and hes a wildcard, granted in the 2-3 games e started were much better than any game sanchez ever played i 4 years, its a risk. thanks to idiotic kansas city trading the 34th pick overall for alex smith, they are probably going to want atleast a 3rd or 4th him.

Let Sanchez finish his career doing the jets a huge favor, crashing this team into the ground next year so we can draft a real franchise qb in 14.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What has Matt Flynn done?
    He fits the system of a west coast attacking offense that Morningwheg (?) runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    He fits the system of a west coast attacking offense that Morningwheg (?) runs.
    Again, what has he done? He's attempted approx 125 passes in his career. McElroy fits it too and doesn't cost a draft pick and $11M.

Foles has completed more passes then Flynn has attempted.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-01-2013 at 01:25 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    Why wouldn't they do this? Both of these guys deserve a chance! Plus neither cost that much.
    The Eagles have been trading their crappy backup QB's to suckers for years. Name ONE deal that worked out for the other team?

Flynn has a huge contract but if the Eagles are planning on drafting a QB, dealing Foles might work.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The Eagles have been trading their crappy backup QB's to suckers for years. Name ONE deal that worked out for the other team?
    Now we have Marty. Hopefully he'll make our garbage look good enough to trade too.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Now we have Marty. Hopefully he'll make our garbage look good enough to trade too.
    From what I saw of Foles, playing behind arguably " the worst Oline in the NFL"
    Last year, he made more plays under duress in less than 1 year than Sanchez has made in 4 years playing behind a much better Oline.
    I would love to see what Marty could do with Foles in his 2nd season of action.

The thing that impressed me from Foles was the way he kept his head up, & eyes down the field when he moved around, and he has a quick release & remains accurate after taking a few steps away from pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Again, what has he done? He's attempted approx 125 passes in his career. McElroy fits it too and doesn't cost a draft pick and $11M.

Foles has completed more passes then Flynn has attempted.
    Cmart - I agree that flynns body of work is small, but if you can watch some of the plays from his game against new england (the year before the detroit game that everyone talks about).

He is a mobile and accurate QB, which is exactly what we need. He took an absolute beating in the NE game, didnt back down, and most importantly, he continued to keep his eyes downfield and move in the pocket as the rush was coming.

For whatever reason, GB has a strong history of developing QBs which increases the odds (albeit it slightly) that flynn will be a player like hasselback.

Im not against foles, but Id have to guess the price is much higher for him as far as compensation we would need to give up.

Personally I think flynn can be had for a 5ht round pick (or even 6th) and while its a lot to pay him ($5.25), its a 1 year option, the NFL just "gave" everyone and extra $1.5+ million in cap room, and this is the most important position on the field....IMO worth a 1 year trial on this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How about no.
    What should we do instead?

Both guys are STOP GAP solutions ... not a real solution. They will overpay if they get either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Both guys are STOP GAP solutions ... not a real solution. They will overpay if they get either.
    Well said...i mean foles is 24 and flynn 27, they both definitely fit that stop gap role.