Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PLEASE TRADE FOR FLYNN OR FOLES!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I think you could be on to something here...
    But really, just like our own Revis situation they will eventually take less.
    I think you could get him for a 3rd come draft time.

especially if the eagles pick someone like EJ in rd. 2, then you might get him for a 4th.
    If it only cost a 3rd I'd be ok with it. Yes, Philly's track record with the Feeleys and Kolbs is horrible but Foles would be playing the same system and Idzik is not going to be negligent with getting us playmakers on offense like Tanny was last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Yes ... Lets say Foles comes in for a 3rd next year and 3 million.

1. We will not suck hard enough to get a top five pick.
    2. After moderate success with Foles this year (9-7) , do you really think the front office is going to trade up in the first round to draft one of the top prospects ? Please explain.
    3. Assuming Rex is still around, do you really think he drafts a QB in the 1st round?

The Jets worked out Garrard. They will sign Garrard. Garrrd is probably better than Sanchez.
    The Jets will not be 9-7 next year regardless of who is the QB. The schedule is tough. Lose: NE (2), Pitt, Balt, Cincy, NO, Atl. Those are DEFINITE. Plus prob losses: TB, Car. So, sos- Tenn, 1 MIA, 1 Buff.
    Sure wins Cleve, Oak, 1 ea Mia and Buff
    6 prob win, mnmaybe 7.
    Sanchez, Garrard and a who cares #3.

Ok, so here's how I think it should go down. Jets trade Revis to SF for #31 and #34 like the other thread says. From there, offer PHI our 3rd (#72) straight up for Foles. To hell with it, give them our 2nd (#39) if they take the Buttfumbler too instead of the 3rd. This way the Jets can get a QB who can provide a fix quicker than any QB in this draft class while having 3 high picks to use on OLB, WR/TE, and BPA. Also gives trade-up flexibility if there is a player they really want (swapping picks and giving up #34 should do the trick)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Someone want to explain why Philly would trade a young QB who played fairly well, shows promise when their starter is an injury and/or concussion waiting to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Someone want to explain why Philly would trade a young QB who played fairly well, shows promise when their starter is an injury and/or concussion waiting to happen?
    Because he himself admits he can't run the O his coach wants to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because he himself admits he can't run the O his coach wants to run.
    Running the wrong offense never seemed to hurt Sanchez...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets aren't interested in trading for Eagles QB Nick Foles, who played for new OC Marty Mornhinweg in Philly, at this point. #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets aren't interested in trading for Eagles QB Nick Foles, who played for new OC Marty Mornhinweg in Philly, at this point. #nyj
    That tweet couldnt be more meaningless.

He even wrote in a way to backtrack out of it later on with the "at this point"/

The guy is a hack wth nothing to write about right now and no legitimate sources to tell him anything.

The more I think about this the less I think the Jets should do it. I don't believe either one of those guys are franchise QB's in the making. With the dire need for the Jets to develop an offense, I believe they are going to need their draft picks to invest in top notch offensive players coming out of the draft. For me, Flynn and Foles are nothing more than stopgaps. The jury is ultimately still out on both guys to be fair, but wouldn't we be much better served using those picks in the draft?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    That tweet couldnt be more meaningless.

He even wrote in a way to backtrack out of it later on with the "at this point"/

The guy is a hack wth nothing to write about right now and no legitimate sources to tell him anything.
    And even if they were, I doubt anyone would let Manish know. The guy is lost now that Pettine is gone.