Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NFL Related Info--March 1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    122 career sacks I guess he wasn't resting his hammy all the time..
    No, he played when it was in his best interest to play. But when he played he played very well. His talent was never in question; just his heart.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

Robinson is no better at this point at 31 and not playing well last year.

btw, Robinson's sudden availability wouldn't stop the niners from trying to acquire the best CB in the game.
    True, if anything it helps. The crop of free agent CBs are not very good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Totally random: #Jets offered Abraham straight up for Schaub in '06. Got 29th pick from Atl instead, which they offered to SD for M. Turner.

#Jets were spurned by SD, so they used 29 to draft C Nick Mangold

Never knew that...Thankfully, SD said no..whew!
    Can't believe how dumb AJ smith was. Could have gotten a first for their backup running back, instead lets him walk in FA for nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Lol with guys in other threads calling Abe "one of the best pass rushers of his generation", I'm surprised there haven't already been 20 threads on the strip calling for Abe.

I want nothing to do with him. You can't be the best at anything if you're not playing.
    I dont want him either a tthis point, but he is without a doubt one of the best pass rushers of this generation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Can't believe how dumb AJ smith was. Could have gotten a first for their backup running back, instead lets him walk in FA for nothing.
    Well, they may have got a comp pick the following year (I don't know), but it would have been a 3rd, at best, if at all...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

Robinson is no better at this point at 31 and not playing well last year.

btw, Robinson's sudden availability wouldn't stop the niners from trying to acquire the best CB in the game.
    I'll raise you

Revis isn't the best anything anymore until he shows it. He is coming off an ACL and wants ton of money. You question Robinson b.c of his age but disregard Revis' significant injury.

Robinson would be way cheaper than Revis and like I said he is an upgrade over Culliver. And they wouldn't have to give up picks and have to deal with Revis when his feelings get hurt in 2 yrs when Aldon Smith makes more than him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    or how dumb tanny was for offering that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    IDK, Turner was pretty awesome his first two years in Atlanta.

For a bottom first rounder it wouldn't have been terrible.

Obviously Mangold turned out great, but the value itself would have been pretty fair I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol with guys in other threads calling Abe "one of the best pass rushers of his generation", I'm surprised there haven't already been 20 threads on the strip calling for Abe.

I want nothing to do with him. You can't be the best at anything if you're not playing.
    You must have hated Chadwick he had just one 16 game season for the Jets Abe had 3.. Abe is too old now but he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    That's just stupid and looking for an excuse to bash Tanny. Are you saying Turner's 5 seasons in Atlanta weren't worth a 1st? I'm happy the trade didn't happen, but don't be silly...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI...Good 2 part interview w/Bradway here:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/index.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont want him either a tthis point, but he is without a doubt one of the best pass rushers of this generation.
    Without a doubt? From the beginning of Abe's career to present, all rushers I'd take over Abe:

Michael Strahan, Julius Peppers, Javeon Kearse, Dwight Freeney, Osi, Clay Matthews, JPP, Von Miller. This is also leaving out guys like Mathis, Dumerville, Harrison, and Babin because they benefit from playing on good Dlines/with other good rushers.

Look, I understand how unique Abe's style is, and how talented he is...there's no denying those two things. But the guy never played when it mattered, and wasn't even an every down player.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 03-01-2013 at 12:35 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You must have hated Chadwick he had just one 16 game season for the Jets Abe had 3.. Abe is too old now but he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be..
    I liked Chad, but it was frustrating watching one of the smartest people (not just player or QB) in the NFL fail because of a physical liability.

Forget the 16 game seasons. Show me which games Abe suited up for when the playoffs were on the line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Bills are placing franchise tag on S Jairus Byrd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Chad, but it was frustrating watching one of the smartest people (not just player or QB) in the NFL fail because of a physical liability.

Forget the 16 game seasons. Show me which games Abe suited up for when the playoffs were on the line.
    Hey Greene played great in the playoffs and the board still say he sucks.. I know a HOF RB who did nothing in the playoffs.. Actually more then one.. The Falcons used Abe right he had full seasons with them except for 06..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    That's just stupid and looking for an excuse to bash Tanny. Are you saying Turner's 5 seasons in Atlanta weren't worth a 1st? I'm happy the trade didn't happen, but don't be silly...
    2 of the 5 years he was there he did not even rush for 1,000 yards. No, he was not worth a 1st round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without a doubt? From the beginning of Abe's career to present, all rushers I'd take over Abe:

Michael Strahan, Julius Peppers, Javeon Kearse, Dwight Freeney, Osi, Clay Matthews, JPP, Von Miller. This is also leaving out guys like Mathis, Dumerville, Harrison, and Babin because they benefit from playing on good Dlines/with other good rushers.

Look, I understand how unique Abe's style is, and how talented he is...there's no denying those two things. But the guy never played when it mattered, and wasn't even an every down player.
    Dude hate on Abe if you want, thats fine but i'm not in agreement with your list at all. Jeavon Kearse?!?!? Maybe if he didn't blow out his knee. He had like two good years. Also think you are a bit premature with a bunch of folks on there.

Abe is 13th overall in sacks, and when talking pass rushers isn't that what is's all about? I know he choose sit out a playoff game 9 years ago, no ones debating that that wasn't a dick move, but he still has had a very very productive career.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 03-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    for those who have asked about Wallace, Goldson, Bushrod, Loadholt, Avril, W. Moore - no tag coming for any of them

At this point Jairus Byrd (BUF) and Michael Johnson (CIN) informed of franchise tag. Flacco, Clady and Melton sure things, too...

Bengals have indicated they will franchise DE Michael Johnson. No tags had been officially placed by start of today. Deadline is Monday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FYI...Good 2 part interview w/Bradway here:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/index.html
    thanks for the heads up. my quick takeaways:

- bradway knows his stuff. tanny clearly hasn't been listening enough to him.

- he said the value for safety, rb and qb is 2-4. i can imagine bradway urging idzik to deal revis for 2 picks so they can tap into that value.

- he said there's good offensive players who should be available at 9. besides the two tackles, i wonder who he was referring to.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    thanks for the heads up. my quick takeaways:

- bradway knows his stuff. tanny clearly hasn't been listening enough to him.

- he said the value for safety, rb and qb is 2-4. i can imagine bradway urging idzik to deal revis for 2 picks so they can tap into that value.

- he said there's good offensive players who should be available at 9. besides the two tackles, i wonder who he was referring to.
    Patterson!

then get Bray in the 3rd round... Two Vols coming North.