Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NFL Related Info--March 1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    thanks for the heads up. my quick takeaways:

- bradway knows his stuff. tanny clearly hasn't been listening enough to him.

- he said the value for safety, rb and qb is 2-4. i can imagine bradway urging idzik to deal revis for 2 picks so they can tap into that value.

- he said there's good offensive players who should be available at 9. besides the two tackles, i wonder who he was referring to.
    Hopefully not Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dude hate on Abe if you want, thats fine but your list is hysterical. Jeavon Kearse?!?!? He had like two good years. Also think you are a bit premature with a bunch of folks on there.

Abe is 13th overall in sacks, but sorry that means something, regardless of how he got them or if he choose to sit out a playoff game 9 years ago.
    Fine take The Freak off the list. Does that make my list less "hysterical" for you? Are JPP and Von Miller too premature for you? Fine, take them off as well. I'll add Simeon Rice, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor, and Jared Allen. You know the difference between all these guys and Abe? Abe was a situational pass rusher, ala Aldon Smith for the niners. Everyone on my list plays every down, and they do it year after year, and they do it when their teams need them.

"Hating on Abe" would be dismissing him completely, the way you did for Kearse. I acknowledged and even appreciated Abe's talents. I just don't care for them when they're sitting on the sideline. And I sure don't qualify him as "without a doubt one of the best pass rushers of his generation." Unless one of the best is a collection of 10-15 players.

Edit: just saw your edit; no one is debating whether he has had a solid career or not, I was debating the "best pass rusher of his generation" bit.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 03-01-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Fine take The Freak off the list. Does that make my list less "hysterical" for you? Are JPP and Von Miller too premature for you? Fine, take them off as well. I'll add Simeon Rice, Demarcus Ware, Jason Taylor, and Jared Allen. You know the difference between all these guys and Abe? Abe was a situational pass rusher, ala Aldon Smith for the niners. Everyone on my list plays every down, and they do it year after year, and they do it when their teams need them.

"Hating on Abe" would be dismissing him completely, the way you did for Kearse. I acknowledged and even appreciated Abe's talents. I just don't care for them when they're sitting on the sideline. And I sure don't qualify him as "without a doubt one of the best pass rushers of his generation." Unless one of the best is a collection of 10-15 players.
    See my revised post.

@ConorTOrr: Finally some real news this offseason. RT @Mike_Vorkunov: Neil Glat says #nyj haven't had peace talks w/ Fireman Ed. Hopes he'll still come.

@Mike_Vorkunov: Neil Glat says #Jets year or 2 away from real-time tech for in-stadium concession sales via phone apps. Could see "pre-ordering" from seats

@Mike_Vorkunov: At fan analytics panel, reminder is that teams and corporations know more about you than you think and are hunting for more. #SSAC13

@Mike_Vorkunov: 49ers COO said Tom Gamble, a south Jersey guy, left SF to get closer to home. Could explain why he was involved w/ #Jets & went to Eagles

@Mike_Vorkunov: Polian says he had "soft landing" plan for Colts last spring: keep Peyton, draft his successor. How different things could've been #ssac13

@Mike_Vorkunov: Bill Polian on coaches: "The more low key teachers they are, the longer they last." #SSAC13

@Mike_Vorkunov: At @SloanSportsConf for next 2 days. So expect some sports nerd tweets. Should be immensely interesting & informative. #SSAC13
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Finally some real news this offseason. RT @Mike_Vorkunov: Neil Glat says #nyj haven't had peace talks w/ Fireman Ed. Hopes he'll still come.

@Mike_Vorkunov: Neil Glat says #Jets year or 2 away from real-time tech for in-stadium concession sales via phone apps. Could see "pre-ordering" from seats

@Mike_Vorkunov: At fan analytics panel, reminder is that teams and corporations know more about you than you think and are hunting for more. #SSAC13
    Yea right 20,000 legal drinking age fans all calling for 2 beers at once with 4 minutes to go before halftime ,good luck dealing with that bright idea...

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Yea right 20,000 legal drinking age fans all calling for 2 beers at once with 4 minutes to go before halftime ,good luck dealing with that bright idea...
    LOL. That's it. Rip it to spreads before knowing a thing about how it would be designed, executed and managed. Gawd I love this place.

Hall Of Fame
    I think they want to keep fans in their seats and into the game. MetLife can get like a library.

@AdamSchefter: Proof of how front offices view rosters differently than fans: Colts used franchise tag on P Pat McAfee, not DE/LB Dwight Freeney.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think they want to keep fans in their seats and into the game. MetLife can get like a library.
    Worse yet is the abundance of fans who can't understand that its a distraction when they go in and out all game long - during plays!!!!!!

@AdamSchefter: Proof of how front offices view rosters differently than fans: Colts used franchise tag on P Pat McAfee, not DE/LB Dwight Freeney.
    Imagine the headlines if the Jets used the tag on a punter.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Worse yet is the abundance of fans who can't understand that its a distraction when they go in and out all game long - during plays!!!!!!
    Doesn't happen in Hockey. Hockey fans get it.

Doesn't happen in Hockey. Hockey fans get it.
    Part of that is because its a smaller venue and the ushers actually stop people from entering a section until a play stoppage. If they tried that at a football game they'd have a full blown riot on their hands.

But in general I agree hockey fans by and large are more into the game.

@JayGlazer: Ravens have agreed to a new contract with QB Joe Flacco. He will sign it on Monday

@AdamSchefter: Ravens and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco have agreed to deal, as @JayGlazer reported. Expected to make Flacco highest-paid QB in NFL history.

@ProFootballWkly: RT @RavensInsider: Joe Flacco will definitely be the highest paid player in the league, per a source with knowledge of the deal.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    @JayGlazer: Ravens have agreed to a new contract with QB Joe Flacco. He will sign it on Monday
    I guess we will find out what Revis is going to want.

@mortreport: My "spies" say @mattbarkley was in prime form throwing today at Jon Gruden's QB camp. Very strong.

@mortreport: Absolutely RT @RylanM ethically, morally, do you report when someone looks bad throwing? Just curious if you would tweet that too

@mortreport: Not Leinart. Palmer not a bust RT @trentrhoads to play devils advocate here, same thing probably said about all other USC QB's #nflbusts

FYI...Good 2 part interview w/Bradway here:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/index.html
    Yeah, sounds like they could be drafting a Qb in round 2-3 as that's where they see value.

@AdamSchefter: Joe Flacco and Ravens agreed to a six-year contract in excess of $120 million that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history.

@AdamSchefter: So Joe Flacco is now the highest-paid player in NFL history...until the Packers get their deal done with @AaronRodgers12.

@AdamSchefter: So Joe Flacco is now the highest-paid player in NFL history...until the Packers get their deal done with @AaronRodgers12.
    20.11 million per year!

@adbrandt: Saw a report suggesting Flacco deal will be 6 years. Interesting length, considering maximum proration for bonuses is 5 years.

@adbrandt: 6th year on Flacco deal would suggest a second-year option bonus, prorated over years 2-6.