Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TGIF

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    It's a week after finishing and still have a couple of small scabs on my cheeks
    Dont worry, I'm sure its hardly noticeable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Its the sun damage from childhood that pops up as pre-cancerous now jerkuleez.
    Wear all the giant hats you want. It will just be hiding thousands of little cancerites.
    -
    Eh, hang on to that one.

My old man has had his face scooped probably a dozen times, so I know I should watch out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Eh, hang on to that one.

My old man has had his face scooped probably a dozen times, so I know I should watch out.
    At the very least, if you catch the stuff early, you can use the chemo cream to knock stuff down before any scooping is necessary.

Especially a gopher like you.

er, golfer

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I actually did a double take. The juxtaposition is dead on perfect. LOL.
    By the way, finding pictures of black bagpipers is about as easy as finding photos of real unicorns.

By the way, finding pictures of black bagpipers is about as easy as finding photos of real unicorns.
    Gotta be a very small sample.

Again, nice work.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

That really is an outstanding job.

I often wonder if anyone in Emerson's circle ever stumbled upon this site and one of these threads...and gave him a call.

Mortified wouldnt be sufficient to describe his reaction, I'd wager.

-

Bewildered Beast
    Not Suri, you chowderian Numbskull, her 'lil friend the decoy child.

Common

-
    You have to wonder what it is that makes a guy "jumpy" like that. He was waaaayyyyyy out in front of that one. :/

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You laugh.

Srsly, I've seen your mug, Things. If your giant head hasnt been scoured for mucho Melanoma's, you're nuts.

I was 40 with the moh's thing, last thing on my mind at the time.
    Had Mohs last month....I now have a nice scar down the side of my neck. Tried to lobby for the cream - no dice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's some of your finest work right there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If you had micrographic/Moh's surgery, you probably should wait a two days before you drink, to avoid any bleeding issues. Of course, if your house will be invaded by in laws, I'm sure your doctor would give you the stamp of approval?

Squamous? Basal?
    I think the more serious one - the first one?
    I had that Moh;s thing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    No wonder you dorks spend all day in front of your computers.

The light, it burns!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Buncha d!cks in this thread trying to steal my cancer thunder.

Glad you guys had this crap addressed before it became too serious. Feel better.
    well done....sadly its seems to be a theme lately, just trying to fit in.

So the area itself was barely an inch long and def not as wide. I knew something was up when it seemed like he was stitching me up for a long time. Didn't look at the stitches until last night, there is a line of stiches like 4 inches long.

And yes I drank last night and plan to all day as soon as the inlaws car rolls up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Had Mohs last month....I now have a nice scar down the side of my neck. Tried to lobby for the cream - no dice.
    Hopefully the Doc was a plastic surgeon too. The one who did my nose was.

I had a dime sized hole almost down to the bone that is not even noticeable now. At the time it looked horrific.

I had to massage it to get the swelling down, a joyful sight for the family and co-workers.

Can someone re-size that for my sig?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

The light, it burns!

So the area itself was barely an inch long and def not as wide. I knew something was up when it seemed like he was stitching me up for a long time. Didn't look at the stitches until last night, there is a line of stiches like 4 inches long.

And yes I drank last night and plan to all day as soon as the inlaws car rolls up.
    First few days are uncomfortable - I had a big mama bandage for a few days that made everyone a bit squemish but after that it was ok.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This thread has taken a turn for the gruesome; forty-somethings speaking of flesh being eschewed from their bodies.

At least mine is hidden from sight; i learned from years on the water that being in a boat is the equivalent of being in a boat made of tin foil, you cannot escape the sun. Always put sunblock on the face, especially the schnozz and big lopey ears.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    First few days are uncomfortable - I had a big mama bandage for a few days that made everyone a bit squemish but after that it was ok.
    Im currently sporting a baby-calf sized one on my shoulderblade right now, but I didn't have much bleeding at all in the first 24 hours; it could be because the doc used 7 miles of thread stitching me up. It was pretty hard to keep my gut sucked in with his cute nurse around the whole time.

All Pro
    Just great I was searching for a death fetish website frequented by LEOs and I ended up back here....at this rate, deceased mods'll be piled up like cordwood..

2 glock smacking his lips in anticipation

unless theres a line of succession that precludes it...long live Prince Timmy(R) and Archduke Crossfire

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Just great I was searching for a death fetish website frequented by LEOs and I ended up back here....at this rate, deceased mods'll be piled up like cordwood..

2 glock smacking his lips in anticipation

unless theres a line of succession that precludes it...long live Prince Timmy(R) and Archduke Crossfire
    The good news is that you are in front of SuperNewb in the succession line.

The bad news is you are right behind Crayc.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    yeah, hard...you type in "black" and "bagpiper" and that pic comes up first.

Dooshbagerry!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Squamous is the more serious type as it can spread to other areas like internal organs while basal cell doesn't. Both are pretty slow-moving, so if you stay on top of your check-ups, you should be good.

Unless your dermo says otherwise, use Scar-Guard on the slice after the stitches come out. And anything over SPF 50 is a waste of money as it doesn't provide any additional protection.