Thread: When is Sanchez going to restructure his contract???

When is Sanchez going to restructure his contract???

He should follow Brady's lead and restructure his contract. First of all he sucks and is not even worth half the money he is getting which is more then Tom Brady right now. May, MAY, put him in better light with the Jets fanbase and make it easier to put up with his past crappy play.

I would be willing to give him another shot if he did this and earn his money instead of taking advantage of the stupid Jets management.

I don't blame him one bit and I probably would not give up my $$$ but I for the most part deserve what I make and my results are on par with what I make.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The last thing the Jets should do is restructure Sanchez. Do you really want to keep him on the books any longer than we have to? Ride it out this year and release him.

Hall Of Fame
    Hopefully never.

All Pro
    NO! HE SHOULD NOT RESTRUCTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat the remaining of his large sum of guaranteed money this yr so that it will make it easier to get rid of him next year. Restructuring his money is just going to delay Idzik showing Sanchez the door......

Ay ya ya...

Es la verdad, Carlito!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN View Post
    He should follow Brady's lead and restructure his contract. First of all he sucks and is not even worth half the money he is getting which is more then Tom Brady right now. May, MAY, put him in better light with the Jets fanbase and make it easier to put up with his past crappy play.

I would be willing to give him another shot if he did this and earn his money instead of taking advantage of the stupid Jets management.

I don't blame him one bit and I probably would not give up my $$$ but I for the most part deserve what I make and my results are on par with what I make.
    There's a slight difference here. Both Brady AND the team want him to be a Patriot for life. Sanchez, OTOH, is waiting for Idzik to ask him "to take a drive with him" never to be heard from again.

Why on earth would Sanchez restructure? He is glad that he was able to milk the Jets for one more year of a nice salary before they say "Sayanora".

If there is a restructure, it will simply be a shuffling of money from one year to the next. I highly doubt Sanchez is giving up money unless its to go to another team in a more favorable environment.

All good points and you are all right. Take a drive and take him out to the middle of no where!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM17 View Post
    Es la verdad, Carlito!
    translation to English please my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The last thing the Jets should do is restructure Sanchez. Do you really want to keep him on the books any longer than we have to? Ride it out this year and release him.
    Exactly. "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me."

That's the truth, Carlito!

I think some people think that "restructure" means "give up money". It doesn't. If you have guaranteed money, you can't give it up. You just move it to later in the contract (plus often get a little more). So restructuring means a smaller cap hit this year - but bigger cap hit in later years.

With Sanchez' current contract, we can cut him after next year without too much problem. Let's not make it worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I think some people think that "restructure" means "give up money". It doesn't. If you have guaranteed money, you can't give it up. You just move it to later in the contract (plus often get a little more). So restructuring means a smaller cap hit this year - but bigger cap hit in later years.

With Sanchez' current contract, we can cut him after next year without too much problem. Let's not make it worse.
    This is true.... BUT..

Let's say the Jets have a few solid FAs they want to sign this year, but cap wise are in a tight situation. Would you rather not restructure Mark (not that it's the ONLY option, but play along) OR restructure Mark to move some of the money to 2014, when the Jets are in good cap shape and can afford to take the hit?

If the Jets 2014 cap was as bad as the Jets 2013 cap, I'd say NO WAY to restructuring Mark... but it isn't. They can cut him and take the 2014 hit at basically any cost.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of restructuring him, but the Jets have the leeway in 2014 to do so if they so decide. While I'd rather have restructure D'Brick or Mangold (or even Harris.. yeah, hate him now, but he's not going anywhere) it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

Hopefully with another team. He NEEDS to be a June 1 cut. He is a pathetically BAD QB that is a cancer and plague to this team and needs to be removed so he cannot continue to poison the Jets.

Why people want the absolutely WORST starting QB to stay on this team is completely beyond me. Screw the cap hit. The Jets can handle it and the dead money is better than having this loser involved with the Jets in any capacity.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Hopefully with another team. He NEEDS to be a June 1 cut. He is a pathetically BAD QB that is a cancer and plague to this team and needs to be removed so he cannot continue to poison the Jets.

Why people want the absolutely WORST starting QB to stay on this team is completely beyond me. Screw the cap hit. The Jets can handle it and the dead money is better than having this loser involved with the Jets in any capacity.
    Preach on brother.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN View Post

That's crazy talk I tell ya! You're insane. He's GUARRANTEED 8 MILLION, why would he give any of it back?