Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Abraham Released by Falcons

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Or they're making a run at Revis.
    Whats their draft pick situation? Didn't they deplete themselves in the Julio Jones deal?

Abraham is the biggest playoff mush since Charles Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Abraham is the biggest playoff mush since Charles Smith.
    ouch... my eyes are burning recalling the image of repetead failed attempts at a lay up. Damn you Borgo!

Or they're making a run at Revis.
    The article said they want to get younger. The jets I think they are going to make a run at will be Shon Greene and Dustin Keller. (if Gonsalez retires)
    That will knock off 15 years between the two.
    Last edited by patman; 03-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Whats their draft pick situation? Didn't they deplete themselves in the Julio Jones deal?
    They finished that last year. This year a normal allotment but they got two 6ths but no 7th.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    ouch... my eyes are burning recalling the image of repetead failed attempts at a lay up. Damn you Borgo!
    This.

This.
    A f**kin' 6'11" crap heap. Dunk the friggin' ball!

Why do I remember this like it was yesterday? How Jet-like Smith was!

All Pro
    To borrow your phrasing from the other day, a compete quiff. At a minimum you get a foul call with an aggressive dunk attempt. Just Jets-like, really.

No even Starks' 0-for-600 shooting performance the next year could make me forget that disaster. I just finished paying off all the money I lost on that series. No, really.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    To borrow your phrasing from the other day, a compete quiff. At a minimum you get a foul call with an aggressive dunk attempt. Just Jets-like, really.
    Totally.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope we read about Abraham as a bankrupt NFL has been............

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    The Knicks traded Mark Jackson for Smith. Mark Jackson, the best PG the team had since Clyde even to this day. That is very Jet-like as well.

I was in the Army during that game, stationed in Georgia at the time watching it in the common area with other soldiers. It was only me and one other guy who was a Knicks fan there. We were going crazy the entire game until the end.

I still remember it clearly. First, Bulls C Stacy King gets beat to the basket by Ewing and King falls down but clearly trips Ewing. Of course, no call. I yelled at the screen at Ewing like he was Rocky: "Get up!" Then Smith gets the rebound. "Dunk the ball! ... dunk the ****ing ball!!"

When it was over the other Knick fan got up and destroyed a chair while I sat there mesmerized wondering why Smith didn't try to dunk it.
    Last edited by SMC; 03-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.

The Knicks traded Mark Jackson for Smith. Mark Jackson, the best PG the team had since Clyde even to this day. That is ver Jet-like as well.

I was in the Army during that game, stationed in Georgia at the time watching it in the common area with other soldiers. It was only me and one other guy who was a Knicks fan there. We were going crazy the entire game until the end.

I still remember it clearly. First, Bulls C Stacy King gets beat to the basket by Ewing and King falls down but clearly trips Ewing. Of course, no call. I yelled at the screen at Ewing like he was Rocky: "Get up!" Then Smith gets the rebound. "Dunk the ball! ... dunk the ****ing ball!!"

When it was over the other Knick fan got up and destroyed a chair while I sat there mesmerized wondering why Smith didn't try to dunk it.
    LMFAO!! I can just imagine the intensity of that scene, as it was repeated in my living room. I think all of us Knick fans screamed, "Dunk the f**kin' ball!!" in unison, no matter where we were on earth. What a team. LOL.

LMFAO!! I can just imagine the intensity of that scene, as it was repeated in my living room. I think all of us Knick fans screamed, "Dunk the f**kin' ball!!" in unison, no matter where we were on earth. What a team. LOL.
    And this horrific memory is what a discussion of John Abraham reminds us of? Abraham is definitely in the Charles Smith category of all-time NYC ch-ch-choke-jobs. No way do I want him around this team.

And this horrific memory is what a discussion of John Abraham reminds us of? Abraham is definitely in the Charles Smith category of all-time NYC ch-ch-choke-jobs. No way do I want him around this team.
    No doubt. Sorry I brought up Smith, guys. He just jumped into my mind after reading that Abraham had been cut.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Of course Favre did the right thing. You wanted Clemens out there?

The problem with Favre was not merely the injury. It was the injury and Schitty's complete ineffectiveness as OC.
    Don't blame Shotty for Favre he did what he wanted to..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Don't blame Shotty for Favre he did what he wanted to..
    That's the point. Favre played well early because he ignored Schitty's playbook and freelanced.

But once Favre got hurt Schitty had no answer to compensate for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's the point. Favre played well early because he ignored Schitty's playbook and freelanced.

But once Favre got hurt Schitty had no answer to compensate for it.
    He could have if Favre was ambidextrous..

Still have my # 94 jersey!

sign the beast.

we havent had a pass rush since he left.

the thread i started about bringing vilma back was put in the dump why isnt this thread?