Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95

Thread: John Abraham Released by Falcons

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Landry made 3.5 last year this year he wants 6.. Abe made 4.4 with Atlanta last season..
    It would be a tough decision but if Abe was willing to do a 1 yr $4 mil deal like what Landry got from us this year I'd say bye bye to Landry and just get a Safety like Baccari Rambo in the 3rd rd.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    It would be a tough decision but if Abe was willing to do a 1 yr $4 mil deal like what Landry got from us this year I'd say bye bye to Landry and just get a Safety like Baccari Rambo in the 3rd rd.
    I like Abe also but we are in the small minority..

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I like Abe also but we are in the small minority..
    guys like abe and vilma would help this defense immediately.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    guys like abe and vilma would help this defense immediately.
    Abe for sure would. Vilma would be another Tebow-esque circus. I'm burnt out on that.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Abe for sure would. Vilma would be another Tebow-esque circus. I'm burnt out on that.
    disagree hes a proven quality player. if we stay in the 3-4 him and harris in the middle would wreak havoc together.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    disagree hes a proven quality player. if we stay in the 3-4 him and harris in the middle would wreak havoc together.
    Vilma was terrible in the 3-4 he's good only in the 4-3..

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Vilma was terrible in the 3-4 he's good only in the 4-3..
    with slugs on the dl yes he was. not with this group of dl-men.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    with slugs on the dl yes he was. not with this group of dl-men.
    With those same Slugs as you put it Harris came in and had 5 sacks playing 9 games. Vilma had just 6 in 4 seasons as a Jet.. BTW I never heard of Abe,Ellis,Robertson and Fergy described as Slugs before..

    ,

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    disagree hes a proven quality player. if we stay in the 3-4 him and harris in the middle would wreak havoc together.
    Vilma wasn't good in the 3-4 5 years ago. Has he gotten better with age?

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,499
    Rex always said he'd woulda made Vilma work in his 3-4 i.e. not Mangini's.

    However, there is no way in hell I think Vilma is a good fit.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    His sacks came in bunches and he was very unreliable. Thanks but I'll take Mangold who has given us consistent excellence throughout his career and is still with the Jets. Abe was a talented pansy without heart.


    Mangold hasn't been very good since he got paid. In fact, he's gotten fat and been mediocre. Abraham, while injury prone, has been consistently good throughout his career. He just put up 10 sacks and 6 FFs at age 34.

    Let's see where Mangold is at that age. He's already regressed in his 20s.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and he would be a NO SHOW in big games.
    He'd fit in well with the rest of the team then!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    disagree hes a proven quality player. if we stay in the 3-4 him and harris in the middle would wreak havoc together.
    Vilma was horrendous in the 3-4. He is a 4-3 MLB and nothing else. Come on Nike, every post shows your ignorance. Just stop

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Vilma was horrendous in the 3-4. He is a 4-3 MLB and nothing else. Come on Nike, every post shows your ignorance. Just stop
    yes he was and so would any lb with the linemen being pushed into you every play. who was it d-rob who was in front of him getting tossed around like a rag doll. put vilma with the group we have now and watch him shine. admit it you just dont like vilma.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    yes he was and so would any lb with the linemen being pushed into you every play. who was it d-rob who was in front of him getting tossed around like a rag doll. put vilma with the group we have now and watch him shine. admit it you just dont like vilma.
    It's obvious Revis isn't your only love..

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Rex always said he'd woulda made Vilma work in his 3-4 i.e. not Mangini's.

    However, there is no way in hell I think Vilma is a good fit.
    Rex also said he would make Gholston into Suggs. Everyone knows to pay no attention to what Rex says. Stay clear of the hot air.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    He'd fit in well with the rest of the team then!
    that about sizes it up

  18. #78

    Flu man

    I wouldn't sign him, he might get sick during an important game, and throw up all over the rest of the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It's obvious Revis isn't your only love..
    i like quality guys who play the game the way its supposed to be played.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And Favre chose to play when his arm was injured in 08 and it hurt the team IMO I suppose you thought he did the right thing..
    For the record Favre reported his injury to the team and they pressured him to play...What happened in 2008 was driven by the Jets....Favre's injury would have gone away had he sat a few weeks but since he kept trotting out there no thanks to the Jets org, his arm got to the point of no return for the season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us