Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Daniel Jeremiah Mock

Latest Daniel Jeremiah Mock

One of the best football guys around IMO....

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Luke Joeckel back in the #1 spot in my latest Mock Draft: http://ow.ly/ib7dk #NFLDraft
    Pick No.9

Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
    Improving the pass rush is the priority for the Jets. If Jones checks out medically, he's the most polished edge rusher in the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets decided to look at a receiver in this spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agree with you Cmart, I like Jeremiah.

That said, I can not for the life of me figure out why the majority of the media or mock drafters seem to think we will take or possibly take a WR at 9.

The value just isn't there imo for a team with so many other pressing needs.

I'm still on the Jones bandwagon myself.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Agree with you Cmart, I like Jeremiah.

That said, I can not for the life of me figure out why the majority of the media or mock drafters seem to think we will take or possibly take a WR at 9.

The value just isn't there imo for a team with so many other pressing needs.
    I'm all for Ansah or Jones at 9. But I can see Patterson there too. Yes it may a bit high, but a trio of Patterson, Hill, and Kerley would be nice. The Offense needs some life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'm all for Ansah or Jones at 9. But I can see Patterson there too. Yes it may a bit high, but a trio of Patterson, Hill, and Kerley would be nice. The Offense needs some life.
    +1 to all of the above...I also wouldn't object if they take Cooper or Womack..

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah but Patterson seems like a huge project. We need immediate impact with #9 imo.

All League
    Good player, but don't see an elite athlete, will be an old rookie at 24, plus the spinal stenosis will lead to a shortened career, whether he wants to accept it or not.

Veteran
    I still think we could see Geno Smith go to Oakland with the Cards then jumping on Barkley.

Either way, even at #9 we are going to get a real player.

And btw - what is the knock on Matt Barkley that he's not showing up until the 2nd?? Geno Smith is certainly not a whole round better than he is . . .

True, and we need to add a back, was hoping for Lacy in second.

A healthy Jones would make Coples better as well. It's like when Suggs returned to the lineup, Kruger became unstoppable.

But the offense would still be crap.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1 to all of the above...I also wouldn't object if they take Cooper or Womack..
    That's where we differ...
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 03-01-2013 at 02:41 PM.

That's where we differ...
    LOL. No problem. I'm just a big believer in building your Lines. If you can't control the LOS you are screwed no matter how many playmakers you have. If they grade out as worthy of going top 10 I won't object.

Again this is all pre March 12th. A lot can happen/change by draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I still think we could see Geno Smith go to Oakland with the Cards then jumping on Barkley.

And btw - what is the knock on Matt Barkley that he's not showing up until the 2nd?? Geno Smith is certainly not a whole round better than he is . . .
    i think the raiders will avoid smith. i think smith goes to arizona. then buffalo has a decision to make, whether they want a qb now or if they risk having to trade up in the 2nd to get one. i just don't see smith getting past buffalo. if barkley goes to arizona though, i can see buffalo taking warmack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Forget all the combine hype. Jones is still the best 3-4 passrusher in the draft,

All League
    Jones was the player I had hoped for all fall when I knew the Jets would be picking somewhere toward the top end of the draft. Then I came to the realization he would not last til 9. Then the stenosis card started his decent, and I think it's very realistic he will be there at 9, so I will be very disappointed if the Jets go defense at 9 and it isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

No way Geno Smith is going to Raiders. It will either be an Olineman or a pass rusher. I don't buy the DT, at least not in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Jones was the player I had hoped for all fall when I knew the Jets would be picking somewhere toward the top end of the draft. Then I came to the realization he would not last til 9. Then the stenosis card started his decent, and I think it's very realistic he will be there at 9, so I will be very disappointed if the Jets go defense at 9 and it isn't him.
    If Jones is 100 % medically clear then I would be cool with that. If not then Jordan/Mingo/Ansah please

Haden, Ward, and Milliner would be a nasty combo for the Browns. Resign Brown 1 year cheap ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I agree. As much as Jordan and Mingo's potential excite me, Jones was a hands down better player than the former two and he already has experience in the position. Jones can also cover, which is a must when dealing with NE.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Good player, but don't see an elite athlete, will be an old rookie at 24, plus the spinal stenosis will lead to a shortened career, whether he wants to accept it or not.
    Which is why i think we stand a reasonable chance to land him in the 2nd. I'd be very, very pleased with a Warmack/Cooper and Jones as our first 2.

Escobar in the 3rd, and it's a sunset of boners for this guy.