Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next to get cut?

Next to get cut?

I assume Pouha unless he restructures. Has back issues and would save us 3.8 million. Tebow after that for a little over 1 million. Makes me wonder IF the Revis to 49ers discussions are real, would they have interest in Tebow as a backup to Kaepernick as well? They do run the read option....granted Tebow can't throw anywhere near as well as Kaepernick. Just a thought.

Tebow or Holmes.

No one else will be cut, they are under the cap and know are all set until July. Unless they have a large RB due the first day of the league year. they will cut people after the draft and after they sign who the can.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No one else will be cut, they are under the cap and know are all set until July. Unless they have a large RB due the first day of the league year. they will cut people after the draft and after they sign who the can.
    $8M is enough to sign draft picks and cheap FAs?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I believe Holmes does, so if they're going to do something with him, they'll do it then. Otherwise, Pouha is a candidate down the line if he wont take a cut (or if they resign Devito). Tebow will be released as soon as the Jets realize that the 8th round draft pick that teams are offering for him doesn't exist.

They need more $$$. Pouha is a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Tebow or Holmes.
    Boy I hope so. I think Tebow is a given. I am a little worried they are going to try to keep Holmes. He is an absolute cancer and HAS TO GO!

Sanchez. I don't think Pouha or Tebow will get cut. Traded maybe but I doubt we cut either. At least not before camp. They will give Tebow every chance to look viable before cutting ties. Pouha I think they renegotiate and cut his salary by 2 mil. I don't think we can loose him right now. If we draft a good MLB I wouldn't be shocked if Harris was axed either.

Pouha ($3.8M freed up if cut) and Tebow ($1M freed up if cut) make the most sense. Holmes would free up $1.25M, Sanchez would cost an additional $4.3M to cut and Harris would cost up an additional $500K to cut.

Pouha or Tebow, perhaps both. The others remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    They need more $$$. Pouha is a goner.
    yes they need more money and can get some -but later on in the summer. You have to be under the cap at the beginning of the league year and again just before camp (and remain so thru the season) The jets are now under the cap at the start of the league year. Once the league year starts they can go over the cap and sign FA, however in July, they once again must be under the cap. This gives teams flexibility to sign FA, say the jets want to sign Sammie Lee Hill and re-sign Mike Devtio each to 1.8mill contracts in May after nobody else wanted then in the first stage of FA, they can and still keep Pouha on the roster until July. This way teams can assure themselves of filling thier needs before letting a guy go due to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Pouha ($3.8M freed up if cut) and Tebow ($1M freed up if cut) make the most sense. Holmes would free up $1.25M, Sanchez would cost an additional $4.3M to cut and Harris would cost up an additional $500K to cut.

Pouha or Tebow, perhaps both. The others remain.
    If the Jets cut Pouha they have to draft Star. Kenrick Ellis is not a starting caliber NT.

I hope if they cut Pouha they can bring him back on a cheaper deal. He was hurt most of the year but he's a really solid tackle.

pouha has done nothing lately for this team. remember jason ferguson and d-rob big deals and nothing on the field after.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I assume Pouha unless he restructures. Has back issues and would save us 3.8 million. Tebow after that for a little over 1 million. Makes me wonder IF the Revis to 49ers discussions are real, would they have interest in Tebow as a backup to Kaepernick as well? They do run the read option....granted Tebow can't throw anywhere near as well as Kaepernick. Just a thought.
    Tebow, and Pouha will both be cut, but hopefully Pouha is re signed to a lower salary with injury protections. Tebow they will hold on to as long as they can, trying to get a pick for him. I don't think Harbaugh is going to want to take the circus even if he wanted Tebow. Tebow is prime to take his message to the CFL where he can save himself some heathen Eskimos.

By 5 dollars, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    By 5 dollars, lol.
    good thing clyde gates is only costing us 4.99.

All Pro
    Pouha showed some in flashes last year, but couldn't hold up through a whole game. They should have shut him down early in the year, and let him heal up. They waited too long to do it, and brought him back too early, twice. Ellis showed some real flashes also, but did not seem to have the conditioning that he needs to play full time. I wish they had Sal Alosi working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    good thing clyde gates is only costing us 4.99.
    Hahah +2