Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Has a 2nd round qb other than Brees or favre worked out?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,125
    God, I'm glad we're not taking a QB this year.

    Maybe this sanchez poison pill contract will be a blessing. If we had to find the truth this year? YEESH.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    God, I'm glad we're not taking a QB this year.

    Maybe this sanchez poison pill contract will be a blessing. If we had to find the truth this year? YEESH.

    Lol, you couldn't be any more wrong. Were drafting a second/third round guy. If you think QB isn't in our draft plans you're absolutely nuts. This will be handled like the Panthers a few years back.

    Start anyone except the rookie and once we're mathematically eliminated see if he's got anything that might stop you from drafting a QB in the 1st of the 2014 draft. Clausen got in because of injury but that was the plan for him IIRC. If not, use the (likely high) pick on of the many guys in that draft.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Lol, you couldn't be any more wrong. Were drafting a second/third round guy. If you think QB isn't in our draft plans you're absolutely nuts. This will be handled like the Panthers a few years back.

    Start anyone except the rookie and once we're mathematically eliminated see if he's got anything that might stop you from drafting a QB in the 1st of the 2014 draft. Clausen got in because of injury but that was the plan for him IIRC. If not, use the (likely high) pick on of the many guys in that draft.
    There is so much talent in the 2nd and 3rd round this year--to waste either pick taking a flyer on maybe striking gold with a QB is shortsighted.

    We need OLine help, pass rushers, RBs, inside linebackers, a safety, WRs--we could draft 2 legit starters in rounds 2 AND 3, to forgo one of those in the hopes that you pick THE right second-level QB would IMHO be a mistake.

    I, for one, don't want to pick the next Clausen. I'd rather a Gio Bernard or an Okafor or an Alford or a Montgomery in rounds 2 and 3.

    _

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Lol, you couldn't be any more wrong. Were drafting a second/third round guy. If you think QB isn't in our draft plans you're absolutely nuts. This will be handled like the Panthers a few years back.

    Start anyone except the rookie and once we're mathematically eliminated see if he's got anything that might stop you from drafting a QB in the 1st of the 2014 draft. Clausen got in because of injury but that was the plan for him IIRC. If not, use the (likely high) pick on of the many guys in that draft.
    Your handful of posts this draft season have been way off.

    You so confident, you willing to lay down for this? 100$ says we don't touch a QB in rounds 2-4 this year.

    Anyone who understands our situation this year, will also understand why spending a mid-round flyer on a project QB is NOT going to happen.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Your handful of posts this draft season have been way off.

    You so confident, you willing to lay down for this? 100$ says we don't touch a QB in rounds 2-4 this year.

    Anyone who understands our situation this year, will also understand why spending a mid-round flyer on a project QB is NOT going to happen.
    Im not 100%, you got me there. But If we end up trading Revis (likely at this point) for a good amount of picks and one of Tyler Wilson, Barkley(doubt this), Glennon, or Dysert are available to them, I just can't see them passing on one. Not with those extra picks. We've met with just about every good qb prospect, some more than once. You think Rex is just gonna lie down and accept the fact that he has to work with David friggin Garrard and Sanchez this year where he's fighting for his job? Hell no. If we have extra picks to spend in the later rounds, it seems likely that we will draft a QB. Whether it be in the 2nd or the 4th doesn't matter. They'll still probably draft a guy. No draft site I've read disagrees with this. The only place where I've seen mocks without ANY qbs in them is here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us