Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: K-Ro's 3 Round Mock. (1.0) [Revis Trade]

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd much prefer Star Lotulelei if the board fell that way...

    Good job, though... That's a labor of love right there.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Excuse me for chiming in ... Agree with you on the 1&2 being very good for what we can realistically expect to get. I disagree with those like yourself though that see the acl as being a major problem with what compensation we'll get back ... Revis's will be the #1 db again easy in 4-6 months ... The drawback to him will be his contract demands that will limit our compensation we will be offered



    Ljr
    My take on this is that I don;t believe a team will trade a 1 and a 2 for revis, especially SF who has 4 guys who have made the probowl or all pro FA in the next two years plus Kapernick.

    But I suspend my belief for this mock. My reasoning is that just because a you and jet fans think he will be at 100% does not make it so. The great majority of players who have had ACL surgery in the last few years say the first year back they are less than 100%. Then this trade throws in the question mark of that he can not even work out for the 9ers before the trade.

    now if this trade was for next years #1 and #2 i would certainly find it more reasonable that SF would do this after Revis has been in TC and working out.


    1. They are already stretched to the limit in the next two years just keeping the team together. All these cheap picks will help them do that.
    2. Revis will not be ready to work out until much after the draft.
    3. the majority of players after having ACL surgury are not 100% the next year. so if the purpose isto rent him for one year, most likely they will be renting a guy not at 100%

  3. #23
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly will be interesting to see if revis and his agents get involved at the same time and can come to some sort of agreement on a multiyear deal with Tampa, SF, or another team vs. teams just taking him on for next seasons rental with a hope of something between them in the future.

    Everything about revis and his agents up to this point indicate they will do whatever they can to make as much $$$ in 2013 as possible ... That leads me to believe they will cooperate in an extension with some team. Whether the jets are part of that or the organization that's gets him does it strictly on their own after we trade him remains to be seen.



    Ljr

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    It certainly will be interesting to see if revis and his agents get involved at the same time and can come to some sort of agreement on a multiyear deal with Tampa, SF, or another team vs. teams just taking him on for next seasons rental with a hope of something between them in the future.

    Everything about revis and his agents up to this point indicate they will do whatever they can to make as much $$$ in 2013 as possible ... That leads me to believe they will cooperate in an extension with some team. Whether the jets are part of that or the organization that's gets him does it strictly on their own after we trade him remains to be seen.



    Ljr
    Well if the goal is to get as much money as possible, there is no reason for him wanting a contract before he proves that he is Revis once again.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Well if the goal is to get as much money as possible, there is no reason for him wanting a contract before he proves that he is Revis once again.
    Yes there is. If he blows out the knee again he loses millions.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    why on earth wold tampa ever do this? they would fall down laughing at that offer. They would not trade Revis for the 13th pick. And they would def not trade their 2nd round pick for powell.. I like powell hes a good back for a 4th round pick, but hes not even close to being worth a 2nd round pick.. They would much rather pick a RB in the 2nd who should be better, and have 4 years to pay him cheap.. Powell only has 2 years left on his rookie deal..

    If revis had 2 years left on his current deal and not coming off ACL injury maybe tampa would trade their 1st for Revis.. Not now..

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    why on earth wold tampa ever do this? they would fall down laughing at that offer. They would not trade Revis for the 13th pick. And they would def not trade their 2nd round pick for powell.. I like powell hes a good back for a 4th round pick, but hes not even close to being worth a 2nd round pick.. They would much rather pick a RB in the 2nd who should be better, and have 4 years to pay him cheap.. Powell only has 2 years left on his rookie deal..

    If revis had 2 years left on his current deal and not coming off ACL injury maybe tampa would trade their 1st for Revis.. Not now..

    Revis will be fine off the ACL. Look at how many players have torn their ACL and have been fine post surgery. My list can go on forever. It's a common injury. And, any trade that takes place for Revis will have a contract with the trade, so that won't be an issue.

    13 and 43 is too much for Revis!? REALLY!?

    Keyshawn netted 2 first rounders.

    Palmer got a 1st and a 2nd.

    Cutler got two #1's right?

    13 and 43 is equivalent to a pick at #6 in the draft, which is his real value.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Yes there is. If he blows out the knee again he loses millions.
    But if he signs before he gets on the field he definitely loses millions.

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Revis will be fine off the ACL. Look at how many players have torn their ACL and have been fine post surgery. My list can go on forever. It's a common injury. And, any trade that takes place for Revis will have a contract with the trade, so that won't be an issue.

    13 and 43 is too much for Revis!? REALLY!?

    Keyshawn netted 2 first rounders.

    Palmer got a 1st and a 2nd.

    Cutler got two #1's right?

    13 and 43 is equivalent to a pick at #6 in the draft, which is his real value.
    no thats not true at all. 49ers are interested in trading for Revis without a contract in place, most likely a 1 year rental. ACL is a common injury, but not everyone is the same when they come back.. Sure Revis probably will, but there is the chance he will be a step or 2 off. You cant sit here are so its automatic by listing players who have. There are many who havent.. Its very important for a cb, he has to make cuts on a dime..

    Its more bout contract.. Keshawn had 2 years left on his contract, and I doubt there was a no franchise clause.. Im not debating what revis is worth, its what Revis will net the Jets.. You can say what hes worth and wont demand less, and then we can lose him for nothing, or a 3rd rd comp pick.. No one wants to play a cb franchise qb $. If the market plays hardball with Revis and he has to sign a deal less than what he wanted, guess what he may do? holdout a 3rd time? Teams know his history and that is not a good track record to have done once, let alone twice in 6 years.. I wish we could get a lot more for revis, but Im realistic on what we will get.. Not what Jet fans think we "should " get..

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    no thats not true at all. 49ers are interested in trading for Revis without a contract in place, most likely a 1 year rental. ACL is a common injury, but not everyone is the same when they come back.. Sure Revis probably will, but there is the chance he will be a step or 2 off. You cant sit here are so its automatic by listing players who have. There are many who havent.. Its very important for a cb, he has to make cuts on a dime..

    Its more bout contract.. Keshawn had 2 years left on his contract, and I doubt there was a no franchise clause.. Im not debating what revis is worth, its what Revis will net the Jets.. You can say what hes worth and wont demand less, and then we can lose him for nothing, or a 3rd rd comp pick.. No one wants to play a cb franchise qb $. If the market plays hardball with Revis and he has to sign a deal less than what he wanted, guess what he may do? holdout a 3rd time? Teams know his history and that is not a good track record to have done once, let alone twice in 6 years.. I wish we could get a lot more for revis, but Im realistic on what we will get.. Not what Jet fans think we "should " get..

    First off, where is your source for this information that the '9ers want to do this trade without signing him first? You don't know that, don't lie about it.

    Also, Revis knows if he goes to San Fran, they're all but a few months away from a Superbowl. He's smart enough to know, not to go crazy about the offers. He will still at the end of the day, be the highest Corner in football, however, I don't see it going past Mario's deal.

    Also, most Jet fans think we can get 2 #'1s, or 1,2,3. A 1 and 2 for the best defensive player in football is a bargain.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    First off, where is your source for this information that the '9ers want to do this trade without signing him first? You don't know that, don't lie about it.

    Also, Revis knows if he goes to San Fran, they're all but a few months away from a Superbowl. He's smart enough to know, not to go crazy about the offers. He will still at the end of the day, be the highest Corner in football, however, I don't see it going past Mario's deal.

    Also, most Jet fans think we can get 2 #'1s, or 1,2,3. A 1 and 2 for the best defensive player in football is a bargain.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...49ers-interest

    my sources? its everywhere man, where have you been? 9ers want Revis for next year, while hes at a bargin price. They have exact thinking we do, they dont want to tie all that $ into a cb. They will have to re-sign some of their good players in the next few years, they can sign 3 good players for the price revis wants. Kaepernick will be off his rook deal in 2 years, they want cap for him. They have enough picks to waste for revis one year. No other team does. woody Johnson was stupid to let the league know he doesnt want revis. No one wants to give revis 16 mil per year, I doubt he takes much less now, his agent will wait until next offseason to see if there is 1 team that will.. And no team wants to give up the farm and then pay to agree to pay revis all that.. That means cutting good players who mak $ to make room for 1.. teams want to wait a year sign him without giving up picks..

  12. #32
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Well if the goal is to get as much money as possible, there is no reason for him wanting a contract before he proves that he is Revis once again.
    in addition to the protection from major injury mode mentioned above ... the math going forward for him would favor making a deal.

    Revis is currently set to make 6 mil more for 2013, if he works a long term deal out with another team lets say they meet at a 5 year deal and the first 3 guaranteed, 15 mil per season. So for 2013,2014,& 2015 revis makes 45 mil

    If he plays out the season at 6 mil to get a better deal as a free agent in 2014 his numbers could be something like this if he is teh awesome, maybe a team gets crazy and goes 17 mil per season on a 5 year deal with the first 3 guaranteed. 2013 6mil, 2014 17mil, 2015 17mil ... Revis makes 40 mil over the next 3 years.

    The only way to possibly get higher would be with a trade in the middle of 2013 then that would split the difference. Say 3 mil from jets for 1st half of season, ... if he was able to negotiate a team to pay half of 17mil for second half of 2013 is 8.5, 17mil in 2014, 17mil in 2015 ... Revis makes 45.5mil. ... That's possible ... But seems convoluted way to barely make more ... Ad as the other poster pointed out ... Much worse for protecting you from a catastrophic injury in the future.


    Ljr

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Revis will be fine off the ACL. Look at how many players have torn their ACL and have been fine post surgery. My list can go on forever. It's a common injury. And, any trade that takes place for Revis will have a contract with the trade, so that won't be an issue.

    13 and 43 is too much for Revis!? REALLY!?

    Keyshawn netted 2 first rounders.

    Palmer got a 1st and a 2nd.

    Cutler got two #1's right?

    13 and 43 is equivalent to a pick at #6 in the draft, which is his real value.
    Guess I was right a few weeks ago.. Not only does Tampa wont even give up the 13th pick let alone 13th and 2nd..they only offered this years 2nd or next years 1st. Izdik countered with this years 1st, they said no.. We certainly deserve more, but like I said jets not in a great position..

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the draft fell that way I would go:

    9 - Jarvis Jones - OLB
    13 - Jonathan Cooper - OG
    39 - DeAndre Hopkins - WR
    43 - Tyler Eifert - TE
    72 - Phillip Thomas - S

    would have to cover RB and another LB in the later rounds.

    If we pass up Jarvis Jones for Jordan I'd be disappointed to put it very mildly.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Guess I was right a few weeks ago.. Not only does Tampa wont even give up the 13th pick let alone 13th and 2nd..they only offered this years 2nd or next years 1st. Izdik countered with this years 1st, they said no.. We certainly deserve more, but like I said jets not in a great position..
    I would take this and not look back. I'd try to weasel out another mid-round pick this year--a 4th maybe?--but a 2 this year and a 1 next year would do it for me.

    My original though was a 2 and a 3 this year and a 1 next year.

    As long as we get that 1 next year, I'll be happy.

    Edit: didn't see the "or". I thought it was a 2nd this year AND a 1st next year.

    Yeah, I'd pass on that too.

    _

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well I'm first going to acknowledge the work that went into this. I don't think people appreciate the cognitive BTUs that are spend developing these.

    Jordan - dislike the pick. If we're trading Revis and Milliner's on the board, then that has to be the pick. Other than that, it's not a bad draft. It's just not my draft. Eifert definitely needs to be in green and white in the way things broke down in there.
    Agree mostly except I'd go with an OLB in the 2 nd.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point of trading Revis is to rebuild other gaping holes, not replace him with someone with half the talent.


    This mock is old, I'm making a new one this weekend, and attempting to add a 4th round.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I would take this and not look back. I'd try to weasel out another mid-round pick this year--a 4th maybe?--but a 2 this year and a 1 next year would do it for me.

    My original though was a 2 and a 3 this year and a 1 next year.

    As long as we get that 1 next year, I'll be happy.

    Edit: didn't see the "or". I thought it was a 2nd this year AND a 1st next year.

    Yeah, I'd pass on that too.

    _
    ya it blows.. just the 1 pick, next years 1st was last offer. Can def see them getting involved again, unless they sign or draft a cb in the earlier rounds.. Maybe a 4th round this year plus 1st next.. Its not great but you never win in a trade when a team decides it wants to trade a superstar.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    The point of trading Revis is to rebuild other gaping holes, not replace him with someone with half the talent.


    This mock is old, I'm making a new one this weekend, and attempting to add a 4th round.
    You have Star twice in the first round. I'd add an OL no later than the 3rd for the Jets, maybe Earl Watford.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ya it blows.. just the 1 pick, next years 1st was last offer. Can def see them getting involved again, unless they sign or draft a cb in the earlier rounds.. Maybe a 4th round this year plus 1st next.. Its not great but you never win in a trade when a team decides it wants to trade a superstar.
    We need that 1 next year, can't imagine we wait it out a while longer and someone doesn't offer a pick this year as well.

    Also, too funny the Pfail Strippers thinking it's a good deal to sign Revis to what he views as a below market deal because the CB market looks depressed.

    Guy will take a huge signing bonus and start *****ing and moaning again in about 14 months.

    Some people never learn from history--as much as I love Revis the player, he's never satisfied with the $$. Once someone surpasses him in annual salary, we're in for another round of posturing and threats of holdouts.

    Love him.

    But trade him--don't care that he's "the best ever" Jet, he's not a QB and you can't break the bank if he's not, especially a guy who's constantly b*tching about $$.

    _

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us