Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco is now the highest paid player in NFL history.

hilarious. guy has been mediocre his entire career, carried by their defense and ray rice. suddenly he's got a couple good games in the playoffs and the ravens make him the highest paid player in nfl history. what a bunch of retards. he'll go back to being average next season again. lets see how they'll justify paying a guy with an 80 QB rating 20mil per year

i rather pay alex smith 1/3 of that amount and spend the rest on 1-2 more pro bowlers

Teams never learn ... Although this deal looks genius compared to the Buttchez extension.

Hall Of Fame
    Congrats to Flacco. Nobody has had more success while facing more scrutiny than him. Kid has won a playoff game every year in the league. 3 AFCCGs and a SB title. Absolutely carried the Ravens on his back this post season.

I am not sure why there is so much Flacco hate. The kid has ascended. He has improved. He put his money where his mouth was and delivered. Gambled on himself and won. The Ravens are now a young, offensive team. Look for them to lock up their young WRs and Pitta.

Kudos to Bisciotti for being a man of his word. Kudos to Ozzie for getting this done quickly and avoiding all the media BS. Both are second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Congrats to Flacco. Nobody has had more success while facing more scrutiny than him. Kid has won a playoff game every year in the league. 3 AFCCGs and a SB title. Absolutely carried the Ravens on his back this post season.

I am not sure why there is so much Flacco hate. The kid has ascended. He has improved. He put his money where his mouth was and delivered. Gambled on himself and won. The Ravens are now a young, offensive team. Look for them to lock up their young WRs and Pitta.

Kudos to Bisciotti for being a man of his word. Kudos to Ozzie for getting this done quickly and avoiding all the media BS. Both are second to none.
    All true ...but is he better than Manning, Brady, Luck, Rogers, Ryan, ...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    No. But the best players are not always the highest paid. This contract is the result of circumstances and timing. Flacco had the Ravens by the balls. But the Ravens will be OK b.c Flacco will never become an incompetent QB. They will always have a chance to win with him.

Flacco just did Ryan and Rodgers a solid. They both are justified in asking for more money. Rodgers will probably get more, Ryan might have to settle for a little less b.c he hasn't won a SB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he was a jersey kid who went to college in delaware. the jets whiffed again.
    Try S. Jersey (Audubon NJ) w/ the Eagles as the nearest team that he grew up rooting for a few miles away

Another good one GMC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    1998 and 2002. That's it.
    Vinny was great in '98, probably the best year ever for a Jets QB.

Remember all the great threads here after '02; who's better, PennyBoy or Brady?

Banned

Good post, Ravens are a very well run organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Manning's arm is clearly shot, Brady get the yips in big games and yes he is better than Ryan who plays most of his games in a dome under perfect conditions with elite talent at every key position.

Rogers is better Luck may be better down the road.

Everyone forgets that he had the Ravens in the SB last year if WR holds ball or kicker makes a chip shot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    hilarious. guy has been mediocre his entire career, carried by their defense and ray rice. suddenly he's got a couple good games in the playoffs and the ravens make him the highest paid player in nfl history. what a bunch of retards. he'll go back to being average next season again. lets see how they'll justify paying a guy with an 80 QB rating 20mil per year

i rather pay alex smith 1/3 of that amount and spend the rest on 1-2 more pro bowlers
    You don't watch much football, do you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    have you read any of one of our resident Tebonehead, daballhawk's posts extolling the greatness of Timmy the useless turd as a great NFL quarterback, Mike??

If you have, then the question you just asked is answered

I actually watched most of the Ravens games since they drafted Flacco, so I kind of know a little bit about him and what the fans think about him and how they were hoping that he'd be benched virtually every year at some point during the season because of his inability to win when all he has to do is manage the game and not **** up, since the defense and Ray Rice did the rest.

But go ahead, you must be one of those geniuses that think he's a great QB because of how many wins he has. I guess Tebow should be a Hall Of Famer then because of what he did as a starter in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I actually watched most of the Ravens games since they drafted Flacco, so I kind of know a little bit about him and what the fans think about him and how they were hoping that he'd be benched virtually every year at some point during the season because of his inability to win when all he has to do is manage the game and not **** up, since the defense and Ray Rice did the rest.

But go ahead, you must be one of those geniuses that think he's a great QB because of how many wins he has. I guess Tebow should be a Hall Of Famer then because of what his defense and kicker did in Denver.

Just because he beat a ****ty Colts defense, completing about 50% of his passes, got lucky throwing a bomb that should have been picked vs Denver (again completed about 50%), beat one of the worst defenses in the league in the Pats and then beat a SF team that gave up 41 points and 42 points to Seattle and NE in the last 3 weeks of the season and a team that allowed 31 and 24 points in playoff games, doesn't make Flacco a superstar...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Superbowl MVP is one of the dumbest awards in sports. At least in a World Series or NBA Finals, the MVP award accounts for a dominant performance over a multitude of games. Super Bowl MVP goes to either the QB of the winning team or a guy who makes a deciding play in one single game. Holmes makes one catch and he's the Super Bowl MVP, Mr. Clutch. Guess what, Deion Branch was also a Super Bowl MVP - sounds pretty meaningless when attached to his name, doesn't it?
    So was Desmond Howard..

Last year you would have written the same post replacing "Flacco" with "Eli." Nobody wanted anyone but Eli as their QB, now no one wants anyone but Flacco. Imagine if Eli had signed this contract after that season, only to miss the playoffs with their $20 million dollar man. It's a massive, massive discrepancy in price vs. expected production. Flacco certainly deserved and earned a nice fat contract, but the biggest ever? LOL inflated QB market.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Flacco is a young qb who carried his team on his back to a super bowl title. He deserves every penny. Great move by the ravens.
    Not arguing with you but that's a pretty big cap hit and will have ramifications toward signing other talent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Not arguing with you but that's a pretty big cap hit and will have ramifications toward signing other talent.
    You always take care of your franchise QB and then worry about all the other pieces of the puzzle.

Ravens will have a quality QB for the next 10 years.

You always take care of your franchise QB and then worry about all the other pieces of the puzzle.

Ravens will have a quality QB for the next 10 years.
    You really believe Flacco deserves to be the highest compensated QB in the league, or that this is a product of circumstances? Flacco has been a Pats killer as of late, so I can understand why you might be overrating him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You really believe Flacco deserves to be the highest compensated QB in the league, or that this is a product of circumstances? Flacco has been a Pats killer as of late, so I can understand why you might be overrating him.
    5 years from now, Flacco's contract will look like chump change.

Do I believe Flacco is a top 3 QB in the NFL? No.

But he is a franchise QB that the Ravens can build around for years to come.