Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glauber: Keyshawn Johnson's advice to Jets: Trade Darrelle Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no team is giving up the farm for revis. what dont you guys get? 2nd and 3rd round picks the way the jets draft are questionable. this is a weak draft year.

hes coming off a serious injury. will he be the same player?

im all for getting the most we can for revis or out of revis as a player here.
    "weak draft year"? Where do you get your facts? A box of cereal? Maybe weak in the first half of round 1, but it is almost universally acknowledged that except for QB position, this is a very deep draft. Just not at the top. Getting multiple picks in rounds 2 & 3 would go a long way in beginning to address the Jets extreme depth issues.
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This has been my take all along. The jets will explore trades and if somebody blows them out of the water they will trade him. meanwhile they will negotiate and try to get something done. Only then when all hope is lost will they trade him in October. just to be sure they get something.
    I concur with this. I would want him to stay if there is any sanity in his contract requests. If we are trading him, I would prefer to absorb the 3 million in bonuses due to Revis and let some interested teams know to keep some cap space available because Darelle Revis will be traded before Halloween once the football world can see that he has made a full recovery.

If he has to be traded, I would prefer to risk waiting and betting on a full recovery to increase his value before November ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    "weak draft year"? Where do you get your facts? A box of cereal? Maybe weak in the first half of round 1, but it is almost universally acknowledged that except for QB position, this is a very deep draft. Just not at the top. Getting multiple picks in rounds 2 & 3 would go a long way in beginning to address the Jets extreme depth issues.
    just what we need a bunch of mediocre players. we dont draft well wake the hell up. it wont matter who we get they wont replace revis.

Banned
    You are correct.

This year's draft will produce multiple Pro Bowlers in rounds 2-5.

This draft is very deep, especially for OLinemen and RB's.

if we were trading revis even up for a qb or a rb as good as he is id say yes but we are trading for "what if" draft picks. no thanks
    So you would rather get nothing when he walks for more money. His history makes it clear that he will.

Every move involves risk.

Winners make moves and take calculated chances.

Losers do not make moves due to risk and continue to lose.

Oh and by the way who the f@ck is going to trade a top QB for the top CB? Absolutely no one.

After this year he will walk for nothing after the jets kept him for no reason in a year where the jets are nowhere near competing for a SB. Great logic on your part. At least by trading him you have a chance to get a couple of good to great players at worst they bust out and your left with nothing which is what the jets will have if they let him walk.

This is actually ancient news...most well informed NFL analysts say trade him.

Only a handful of young fans whdon't understand business and finance say keep him.

Anything to keep alive their 24 jersey.

Sad actually that a "FAN" believes one player is more important than the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    "He's not going to win any games for you." ...Please. Stop RT @ProFootballTalk Keyshawn's advice to Jets: trade Revis http://wp.me/p14QSB-7tXC
    Oh teh ironing.

One of the best things about the Revis trade will be no more of Manish's BS Revis stories. Poor hack will have to find something else to obsess over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks Key but we dont need advice. Idzik has already decided he is trading revis and has been shopping him around for awhile.

When and what are we getting in return is all we are waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder where I have heard that before?
    Remember the first game between the Jets-Pats at the end of the game when the Pats were down and driving and Cromartie dropped that sure easy INT? Yeah if Revis would've been playing, the game would've been over, and in fact won. He would not have dropped that.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    The Jets are going to trade him, just not anytime soon. Wait till the preseason where he can show he has returned to form, and get more bang for your buck. His value is the lowest it can be right now. If I were Idzik, unless I get blown away by a deal before the draft, I say wait till Revis can get back on the field and prove himself and then deal him before the start of the season.
    100% Dead on!

Yes trade Revis for multiple picks.

However, I would try to get a 2 or 3 and mid round picks this year plus a first rounder next year.

Revis at the trade deadline?

Long time gawker here, rare poster but I'm just curious about a scenario I haven't seen mentioned often. What if you trade him at the deadline next year - say he comes back healthy, plays at a high level. With QB talent presumably higher in 2014, do not even consider wasting a high pick on a marginal QB talent this year... plus you'll have an extra mid-high pick or high pick the following year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Remember the first game between the Jets-Pats at the end of the game when the Pats were down and driving and Cromartie dropped that sure easy INT? Yeah if Revis would've been playing, the game would've been over, and in fact won. He would not have dropped that.
    Wrong.

Why would Brady throw to the WR being covered by Revis when he has 4 others who are probably open?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

what if we trade him and whiff on the picks and get nothing?
    Better than what if he demands to be paid like a franchise QB and he walks for nothing.

Also, got to love the SOJF approach, not one person has said what if we get two or three good players with the picks. And cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Better than what if he demands to be paid like a franchise QB and he walks for nothing.

Also, got to love the SOJF approach, not one person has said what if we get two or three good players with the picks. And cap space.
    I basically have in one of these threads somewhere. It don't go over well -
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You are correct.

This year's draft will produce multiple Pro Bowlers in rounds 2-5.

This draft is very deep, especially for OLinemen and RB's.
    never mind Nike. People just have to realize that when reading any of his posts, they are reading a marvelous work of fiction. Facts pulled from straight from his butthole, opinions without any logical reasoning and finally, an arrogant attitude to defend his misstatements and/or ignorance. Just a joy for JI to read.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Only a handful of young fans whdon't understand business and finance say keep him.

I'm going to unstitch Revis and have "McNeil" stitched onto my #24 jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJet View Post
    Long time gawker here, rare poster but I'm just curious about a scenario I haven't seen mentioned often. What if you trade him at the deadline next year - say he comes back healthy, plays at a high level. With QB talent presumably higher in 2014, do not even consider wasting a high pick on a marginal QB talent this year... plus you'll have an extra mid-high pick or high pick the following year.
    I assume you mean this coming season not next year?? Imagine if a team in the playoff hunt has lost a important DB.. That's when they pay through the nose to get high class help when they need it the most.. The trading deadline is usually the end of OCT when Revis will have shown he's back to normal so it would be a interesting scenario.. But I think he will be traded during or right before the draft..

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

+1 I dont need to be hearing this from Keyshawn also. The decision has already been made. There is no sense harping on it. The more news like this and it will create more pressure on the Jets to move him and the less the Jets will get for him. Enough is enough.

I'm going to unstitch Revis and have "McNeil" stitched onto my #24 jersey.
    Or 'Mickens' or 'Law' to stay with the CB position. -