Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

Thread: Glauber: Keyshawn Johnson's advice to Jets: Trade Darrelle Revis

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm going to unstitch Revis and have "McNeil" stitched onto my #24 jersey.
    Well Johnny Sample wore number 24 when we won Supe 3..

  2. #42
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    just what we need a bunch of mediocre players. we dont draft well wake the hell up. it wont matter who we get they wont replace revis.


    We have a new gm. Wake the hell up.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well Johnny Sample wore number 24 when we won Supe 3..
    we should do an all-time Jets poll by number.

    So for #24 who wins? I go with McNeil for his longevity and consistency. Best talent at his position would obviously be Revis but that's not the only criterion and in my book, McNeil wins.

    Now who was the best #6 we had? Bubby Brister?

    shovel pass vs buttfumble

  4. #44

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    we should do an all-time Jets poll by number.

    So for #24 who wins? I go with McNeil for his longevity and consistency. Best talent at his position would obviously be Revis but that's not the only criterion and in my book, McNeil wins.

    Now who was the best #6 we had? Bubby Brister?

    shovel pass vs buttfumble


    I think we need to deep 6 #6 Dcat

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    We have a new gm. Wake the hell up.
    oh thats right hes the guy who signs cfl and arena league players.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    we should do an all-time Jets poll by number.

    So for #24 who wins? I go with McNeil for his longevity and consistency. Best talent at his position would obviously be Revis but that's not the only criterion and in my book, McNeil wins.

    Now who was the best #6 we had? Bubby Brister?

    shovel pass vs buttfumble
    ray lucas

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    we should do an all-time Jets poll by number.

    So for #24 who wins? I go with McNeil for his longevity and consistency. Best talent at his position would obviously be Revis but that's not the only criterion and in my book, McNeil wins.

    Now who was the best #6 we had? Bubby Brister?

    shovel pass vs buttfumble
    Joe Prokop.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm going to unstitch Revis and have "McNeil" stitched onto my #24 jersey.
    A REAL JET!!! Love McNeil!


    Most of the Revis supporters have no idea who Mcneil is.

  9. #49
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    oh thats right hes the guy who signs cfl and arena league players.
    Right, because we have so much cap space and there are just dozens of pro bowlers available. I am sure that is exactly what he wants.

  10. #50
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by HYPER
    Long time gawker here, rare poster but I'm just curious about a scenario I haven't seen mentioned often. What if you trade him at the deadline next year - say he comes back healthy, plays at a high level. With QB talent presumably higher in 2014, do not even consider wasting a high pick on a marginal QB talent this year... plus you'll have an extra mid-high pick or high pick the following year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I assume you mean this coming season not next year?? Imagine if a team in the playoff hunt has lost a important DB.. That's when they pay through the nose to get high class help when they need it the most.. The trading deadline is usually the end of OCT when Revis will have shown he's back to normal so it would be a interesting scenario.. But I think he will be traded during or right before the draft..
    Good question ... Please post more than once every 2 years in the future

    That is certainly a possibility ... They'd be rolling the dice a little and have the story/pressure hanging over the team for the 1st half of next season probably isn't what the new GM wants to start his tenure out with.

    I do think there is a good chance that they don't waste a pick (unless maybe a 6 or 7th rounder) on qb this year

    Also with revis and his agents history I'd expect them to force the jets or another team into making something happen to increase his 2013 salary.



    Ljr

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Right, because we have so much cap space and there are just dozens of pro bowlers available. I am sure that is exactly what he wants.
    as a matter of fact there are quite a few pro bowlers available that could be had on the cheap proven players who can come in and immediately contribute if we are bargain basement shopping for players.

    terrel owens,chad johnson, tj housmanzadeh,jeremy shockey,michael boley and many many more.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    oh thats right hes the guy who signs cfl and arena league players.
    See this is where you start to make no sense. The guy just started. The new NFL year hasn't started. No moves to be made for players under contract. Relax. Give the guy a chance. What's wrong with you? You have some issues.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I assume you mean this coming season not next year?? Imagine if a team in the playoff hunt has lost a important DB.. That's when they pay through the nose to get high class help when they need it the most.. The trading deadline is usually the end of OCT when Revis will have shown he's back to normal so it would be a interesting scenario.. But I think he will be traded during or right before the draft..
    Good Point... Trade deadline is now week 8 (I think it was week 6 in last CBA). Would a potential playoff team do an irrational trade (or the Niners) to get over the top? I think some team would. I'd hate to settle for less now.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A REAL JET!!! Love McNeil!


    Most of the Revis supporters have no idea who Mcneil is.


    Freeman!!!


  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Freeman!!!

    very nice.

  16. #56

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    very nice.
    Thanks Dave after hearing about this place on Mav's site , I figured I'd sign up, post and checkout the forum too.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    See this is where you start to make no sense. The guy just started. The new NFL year hasn't started. No moves to be made for players under contract. Relax. Give the guy a chance. What's wrong with you? You have some issues.
    yea my issues date back 44 years whats you're excuse?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Good question ... Please post more than once every 2 years in the future

    That is certainly a possibility ... They'd be rolling the dice a little and have the story/pressure hanging over the team for the 1st half of next season probably isn't what the new GM wants to start his tenure out with.

    I do think there is a good chance that they don't waste a pick (unless maybe a 6 or 7th rounder) on qb this year

    Also with revis and his agents history I'd expect them to force the jets or another team into making something happen to increase his 2013 salary.



    Ljr
    Yep - agree mostly, except the part about Mevis' agents. They have no leverage this year, he can't hold out and he can't mail it in if he wants a big payday next year.

    In my view, holding the line on him now, while leading to distraction could also equally be perceived as a saavy move to get the most bang for the buck. Not to mention a message the new regime will not bend as much for players. As long as Rex is coach there'll always be distraction, like the coming QB controversy, for example.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Freeman!!!

    nice jersey is that authentic? i dont remember them wearing the the shiney sheen cloth numbers like that. correct me if im wrong.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    nice jersey is that authentic? i dont remember them wearing the the shiney sheen cloth numbers like that. correct me if im wrong.
    No this one isn't though I have a few that are... I have some framed on walls, have 5 boxes full of signed and unsigned jerseys.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us