Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Cimini: Sunday notes: Revis and Belichick? No way

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,695
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

    Who is not to say? Revis, thats who.

    Everything Revis has ever done is about top dollar. He held out twice in a three year period and said he'd hokd out again even with a long term deal.

    There is absolutely no way in hell he is taking less money to play anywhere.

    This isnt about signing for less than he is seeking from the Jets, its for less than anyone ekse would sign him. That is completely out of character for Revis AND his agents.
    he could change his mind it is a possibility not likely but the chance to go to a SB could very well sway him to take less.

  2. #22
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,189
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Complete bull****. If Revis walked north and stood in front of the Foxboro FO and said, "I would like to play for you for a deal reasonably commensurate with my worth," Belichick would jump off of his little boat to sign him. The "Patriot Way" these days is trying to win football games with a mind thinking toward the future. Reading anymore into this is overthinking.
    And if Bellichek started wearing Armani, GQ might use him for a photo shoot. Problem is, that ain't happening either. Why would Revis all of a sudden offer to take a reasonable deal? It's not like he doesn't want to be in NY and is simply hooting his way out. He's always liked it here....he just wants a ton of money. That won't change next year.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    And u couldn't be more wrong, because Austin howard is a career LT playing out of position at RT and doing a solid job. Howard a 1st time starter at a position he never played before did a solid job while giving up a few sacks and he is a Jag . Ferguson a career LT gave up a ton last season and he was having an off year.

    Just goes to show how players are looked at by some based on preconceived notions.
    Howard was not bad in his first season but Ferguson was great last season. He let up 2 sacks all year and one was in the last game when the Jets basically had packed it in.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    And u couldn't be more wrong, because Austin howard is a career LT playing out of position at RT and doing a solid job. Howard a 1st time starter at a position he never played before did a solid job while giving up a few sacks and he is a Jag . Ferguson a career LT gave up a ton last season and he was having an off year.

    Just goes to show how players are looked at by some based on preconceived notions.
    Ferguson didn't allow a sack until Week 12, becoming the last OT in the NFL to allow a sack in 2012.

    Nice try though.

    Howard is a below average RT who was third in the league in sacks allowed and will not be anywhere near as good as he was RATED as a run blocker if Brandon Moore is allowed to walk out the door. Moore has long been one of the best run blocking RG in the NFL.

    Howard may have very well TRIED to play LT in Baltimore or Philadelphia (released), and they'd be willing to give us a second round pick for his services (his likely tender) I'd drive him their myself with a HUGE smile on my face. A steal for a slightly better Wayne Hunter.
    Last edited by 124; 03-04-2013 at 07:52 AM.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Howard was not bad in his first season but Ferguson was great last season. He let up 2 sacks all year and one was in the last game when the Jets basically had packed it in.
    When i say last season, i mean the 2011 season, not 2012. This season for me refers to the 2012 season while last season refers to the 2011 season.Since the next season hasn't begun yet, i thought that would be easilly understood. I guess i was wrong. I was not comparing Howard's 2012 season to Ferguson's 2012 season. Since it is so hard for some of u to figure out how i write, i will try to make things as crystal clear as possible from this point forward.


    For me, that might not be so easy.

    Ferguson had a horible 2011 season but we can choose to blame that on the play of Matt Slauson. Oh, and in the Games i saw Ferguson wasn't that great. Just because the man you're guarding doesn't put the QB on the ground doesn't mean u didn't give up the sack. Your man can run the QB into a defender who's out of the play altogether and into a sack. Just because the man you are guarding put the QB on the ground doesn't mean u gave up a sack if the QB runs into a defender u have pushed outside of the pocket.

    If a guy catches a punt inside his 5 yard line and returns it for a TD, is it a good decision.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,695
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And if Bellichek started wearing Armani, GQ might use him for a photo shoot. Problem is, that ain't happening either. Why would Revis all of a sudden offer to take a reasonable deal? It's not like he doesn't want to be in NY and is simply hooting his way out. He's always liked it here....he just wants a ton of money. That won't change next year.
    just speculating here but the one reason is he knows the pats are closer to making it to the SB than the jets.............

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Ferguson didn't allow a sack until Week 12, becoming the last OT in the NFL to allow a sack in 2012.

    Nice try though.
    He's talking about the 2011 season when D'Brick gave up more sacks than Wayne Hunter. I believe it was you who missed the point.

    And Austin Howard actually ranked very well this season. He upped his value. Cimini is right, the Jets are playing a dangerous game with his RFA value.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us