Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: free agent qbs

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like

    free agent qbs

    take your pick.

    Quarterbacks:

    Brian Hoyer ARI
    Luke McCown ATL
    Tyler Thigpen BUF
    Derek Anderson CAR
    Jason Campbell CHI
    Josh McCown CHI
    Bruce Gradkowski CIN
    Josh Johnson CLE
    Drew Stanton IND
    Jordan Palmer JAC
    Brady Quinn KC
    Pat Devlin MIA (Ex)
    Matt Moore MIA
    Chase Daniel NO
    David Carr NYG
    Matt Leinart OAK
    Charlie Batch PIT
    Byron Leftwich PIT
    Kellen Clemens STL
    Rex Grossman WAS
    Vince Young FA
    Sage Rosenfels FA
    Seneca Wallace FA
    Donovan McNabb FA
    A.J. Feeley FA
    Troy Smith FA
    Chris Redman FA
    John Beck FA
    Stephen McGee FA
    J.P. Loseman FA

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to choose from. I wouldn't mind seeing a Matt Moore, Drew Stanton (though he'd never come) or Jason Campbell in camp, along with a drafted QB project from the 2nd or 3rd round.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    vince young lets resurrect his career this guys a winner.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of that group most are bad or just out of our price range. Of them these are the 3 I wouldn't mind signing after we cut Sanchez.
    Brian Hoyer ARI - Actually don't get why no one wants him. Last year we should have jumped on him. Looks better then Flynn ever did.
    David Carr NYG - Hate him or not Carr is a viable BU that comes cheap. Safest bet in this FA market at under 2 mil.
    Seneca Wallace FA - Wallace beat out Alex Smith a long time ago if you remember. He is a viable BU as well with some good athletic ability that would fit our OC.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Out of that group most are bad or just out of our price range. Of them these are the 3 I wouldn't mind signing after we cut Sanchez.
    Brian Hoyer ARI - Actually don't get why no one wants him. Last year we should have jumped on him. Looks better then Flynn ever did.
    David Carr NYG - Hate him or not Carr is a viable BU that comes cheap. Safest bet in this FA market at under 2 mil.
    Seneca Wallace FA - Wallace beat out Alex Smith a long time ago if you remember. He is a viable BU as well with some good athletic ability that would fit our OC.
    3 excellent choices. all can get the job done here better than sanchez.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    vince young lets resurrect his career this guys a winner.
    No he's not.

    He's done.

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Josh Johnson and his 4.4 40 time even considered a QB?? throw that guy in the slot lol

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    No he's not.

    He's done.
    are you kidding me? he was put into bad situations in the nfl. i say get him in camp and see what if anything we can do to turn his career around. who knows small investment long term results.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    589
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we need a guy to just run our offense for a year, before our rookie takes over the following season: Seneca Wallace

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    3 excellent choices. all can get the job done here better than sanchez.
    Hoyer Career 2 tds 3 picks.. Seneca Wallace looks good out of the 3..

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't mind Colt McCoy if he becomes available. I liked what I saw in him as a rookie. I don't think he has had a fair shot.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    bring`em all in here. Best imo would be J.P. LOSEman. The name is perfect for the 2014 Jets.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    moore
    garrard
    wallace

    in that order

    and nassib in the second

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    are you kidding me? he was put into bad situations in the nfl. i say get him in camp and see what if anything we can do to turn his career around. who knows small investment long term results.
    Lolz

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    arent we all done with sanchez? so why not vince young? whats the worse thing that can happen we lose every game,many want that anyway. or we might find a diamond in the rough and be set at qb and concentrate on other areas of need.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    take your pick.

    Quarterbacks:

    Tyler Thigpen BUF
    Jason Campbell CHI
    Bruce Gradkowski CIN
    Drew Stanton IND
    Brady Quinn KC
    Matt Moore MIA
    Rex Grossman WAS
    I might these a look - see.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    are you kidding me? he was put into bad situations in the nfl. i say get him in camp and see what if anything we can do to turn his career around. who knows small investment long term results.
    He's as terrible as you are dumb.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    arent we all done with sanchez? so why not vince young? whats the worse thing that can happen we lose every game,many want that anyway. or we might find a diamond in the rough and be set at qb and concentrate on other areas of need.
    Besides the fact that he isn't a capable starter, he is a complete head case. Notice how you are the only single poster on this board who thinks this would be a good idea. Youngs pro career is pretty much done at this point.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Out of that group most are bad or just out of our price range. Of them these are the 3 I wouldn't mind signing after we cut Sanchez.
    Brian Hoyer ARI - Actually don't get why no one wants him. Last year we should have jumped on him. Looks better then Flynn ever did.
    David Carr NYG - Hate him or not Carr is a viable BU that comes cheap. Safest bet in this FA market at under 2 mil.
    Seneca Wallace FA - Wallace beat out Alex Smith a long time ago if you remember. He is a viable BU as well with some good athletic ability that would fit our OC.
    Can't cut Sanchez... But next year we can.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    vince young lets resurrect his career this guys a winner.
    I-i ... no words.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us