Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: free agent qbs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    who really cares if we eat money cut sanchez the guy sucks next year wont be any different if hes our starting qb.

we have tebow under contract and mcelroy draft a rookie and we are moving forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    who really cares if we eat money cut sanchez the guy sucks next year wont be any different if hes our starting qb.

we have tebow under contract and mcelroy draft a rookie and we are moving forward.
    The owner cares and that means fans should as well. Less money to eat means more money to spend on free agents. It also means more cap room. It also leaves open the possibility that ticket prices may not rise immediately and support personnel won't be sent on furlough again. Who knows, maybe nothing good comes from saving the money? But something bad will surely come from eating the money.

If, by your statement, it doesn't make a difference if Sanchez starts or not, why would you want the organization to eat money? Just say you hate him and want him gone no matter what. Keep your argument hyperbolic, don't try to justify it through other means simply because you don't want to admit it because....I don't know why, so people will take your opinion more seriously?

Again, change for change's sake is ignorant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The owner cares and that means fans should as well. Less money to eat means more money to spend on free agents. It also means more cap room. It also leaves open the possibility that ticket prices may not rise immediately and support personnel won't be sent on furlough again. Who knows, maybe nothing good comes from saving the money? But something bad will surely come from eating the money.

If, by your statement, it doesn't make a difference if Sanchez starts or not, why would you want the organization to eat money? Just say you hate him and want him gone no matter what. Keep your argument hyperbolic, don't try to justify it through other means simply because you don't want to admit it because....I don't know why, so people will take your opinion more seriously?

Again, change for change's sake is ignorant.
    sanchez at qb ruins the jets experience we all want from a sunday afternoon football game. hes the qb we are all but assured a loss. at least give us hope especially those on the fence about season tickets. the same old same old sanchez isnt working its time to move on. anyone but sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez at qb ruins the jets experience we all want from a sunday afternoon football game. hes the qb we are all but assured a loss. at least give us hope especially those on the fence about season tickets. the same old same old sanchez isnt working its time to move on. anyone but sanchez.
    "We" seems to be highly presumptuous. I, for one, was not only annoyed by Sanchez's performances last year, but also by those of McElroy and Tebow. As the team stands now, neither of those options gives the Jets a better chance to win over Sanchez. I'll go so far as to say that the only Jets who were a pleasure to watch last year were the DL and DBs. Again, if you want to play this tired serenade of "Sanchez ruined the Jets" then fine, that's your prerogative. But I again state that the team is not better off without him in light of who is available to replace him currently, so wishing for change on an already bad team with numerous holes is silly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free agent Vince Young worked out at the University of Texas' Pro Day Tuesday.
    "I think I did OK," Young told NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal. "Mostly it was just being here for the guys. That was my mindset and just showing the rest of the scouts that I'm still training and staying in shape." Although NFL.com's Gil Brandt said Young "put on a show," V.Y. knows he's not assured of landing a contract. "My agent is working on it," he said. "All I know is we got some teams with interest, so that's the good part about it. Just hoping for that blessing and opportunity."