Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People, Hell & Angels

Hall Of Fame

People, Hell & Angels

"New" Hendrix studio album out on Tuesday, supposedly never released cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwyGDNDx0VY

_

You can really hear Jimi's roots on this one. Excellent cut. Love not only his playing, but Jimi's vocal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpKd1Mz8Hk

Hendrix's estate was a disorganized mess for decades. Bad news for his beneficiaries, I guess. But good news for his fans, as every so often we get "new" material like "Valleys of Neptune" and this, seemingly released by Jimi from beyond the grave.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thanks for the info, hope all is well.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
    Love hendrix, even mimic some of my playing after him... but no one really sounds the way he does...

Jets Insider VIP
    Sounds great. Lets just hope he tours.

Still too soon?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Man, I was a huge Hendrix fan back in the day. This is like finding 2 million dollars worth of change under the couch cushions.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Man, I was a huge Hendrix fan back in the day. This is like finding 2 million dollars worth of change under the couch cushions.
    I don't think you could really have 2 million dollars worth of change under your couch cushions without noticing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I don't think you could really have 2 million dollars worth of change under your couch cushions without noticing.
    You could if your butt's big enough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/29...re-113-nickel/

Yeah, they didn't find it under a couch cushion.

Stop being silly.

Undrafted Free Agent
    "The posthumous album follows the success of the rock guitar icon's new single Somewhere, which went to number one in the US Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart last month."

The album will follow...Somewhere is like a blast back to 1972, for me! Love it.... give me more!

Listening to it now. so new and so old at the same time. Its fantastic.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    or some bud when it's dry.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    or some bud when it's dry.
    Or a two way tab of Strawberry Fields! (the same acid I enjoyed, at Woodstock, as a 16 year old, Psychedelic novice. I "think" I enjoyed, the Who's magnificent set, but I knew for sure, that I was just fine, on Monday morning, at sunrise, when "move over rover", Jimi took over!)
    Last edited by Ma Teng Fei; 03-09-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma Teng Fei View Post
    Or a two way tab of Strawberry Fields! (the same acid I enjoyed, at Woodstock, as a 16 year old, Psychedelic novice. I "think" I enjoyed, the Who's magnificent set, but I knew for sure, that I was just fine, on Monday morning, at sunrise, when "move over rover", Jimi took over!
    That must have been something. My parents wouldn't let me go I was 4, should have snuck out of the house.

Or a two way tab of Strawberry Fields! (the same acid I enjoyed, at Woodstock, as a 16 year old, Psychedelic novice. I "think" I enjoyed, the Who's magnificent set, but I knew for sure, that I was just fine, on Monday morning, at sunrise, when "move over rover", Jimi took over!)
    Did I ever tell you about the time I found a vial of Blue Cheer in the spine a Mr. Natural comic book that was hidden in my attic?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Did I ever tell you about the time I found a vial of Blue Cheer in the spine a Mr. Natural comic book that was hidden in my attic?
    For real...???!!!

This explains a lot.