Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Idzik, I like his approach thus far.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    time will tell, my statement is based on future happenings. so far hes done nothing monumental. we all predicted the slugs he cut. lets see how he handles revis,holmes and sanchez and see how he does in the draft.

idzik can surely be idiot when all the smoke clears, i hope not but a possiility.
    Well, what are you expecting? Hopefully not much, his hands are pretty much tied and as has already been talked about ad nauseum that the Jets are looking at 2014 in the best case scenario to have a legitimate SB contender.

Revis wants top dollar.

Holmes is a lockerroom cancer that Tanny signed to big bucks. Idzik could approach him about restructuring his contract but Holmes is very selfish, so I doubt he'd ever play along.

Sanchez is robbing the team and everyone knows it. Idzik could ask him to take a paycut, but he'd never do it. He's a selfish little A$$hole that knows he'll be on the unemployment line after this season.

So what is it that you are expecting John Idzik to do?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    In all honesty Maine, I think bringing a GM in from outside the organization was the best move that Woody could have made.

Fresh eyes, and fresh perspective of a man that has been successful everywhere he has been.
    Get ready for the regular sojf's to whine about every jet move as a bad move

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, what are you expecting? Hopefully not much, his hands are pretty much tied and as has already been talked about ad nauseum that the Jets are looking at 2014 in the best case scenario to have a legitimate SB contender.

Revis wants top dollar.

Holmes is a lockerroom cancer that Tanny signed to big bucks. Idzik could approach him about restructuring his contract but Holmes is very selfish, so I doubt he'd ever play along.

Sanchez is robbing the team and everyone knows it. Idzik could ask him to take a paycut, but he'd never do it. He's a selfish little A$$hole that knows he'll be on the unemployment line after this season.

So what is it that you are expecting John Idzik to do?
    lets hear where idzik asks them to take a pay cut lets hear where idzik tells rex his job is on the line. i want a gm who is aggresively involved in the teams daily functions where players perform and if they dont they fear getting cut or traded. the jets country club has been going on for way too long. 44 years to be exact.

He's done nothing and said nothing at the start of FA. This is a huge step up.

In all honesty Maine, I think bringing a GM in from outside the organization was the best move that Woody could have made.

Fresh eyes, and fresh perspective of a man that has been successful everywhere he has been.
    I agree and I don't know where you stand on Rex Ryan but my opinion is he is a very good HC. If you give Rex the players, he will get the most out of them. He's achieved more than any HC in his stint at coaching than this organization has ever seen.

For all of his faults, and he does have a few, he's still a guy I would love to put up against BB. And that is pretty much why I want him around. Rex can go toe to toe with BB any old day of the week, he's proven that in the past. I believe winning the AFC East means being able to outcoach BB. Rex has already done that in the past and I think he can do it more often with more talent on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    He's done nothing and said nothing at the start of FA. This is a huge step up.
    Especially since free agency has yet to start .... Just sayin' ...

lets hear where idzik asks them to take a pay cut lets hear where idzik tells rex his job is on the line. i want a gm who is aggresively involved in the teams daily functions where players perform and if they dont they fear getting cut or traded. the jets country club has been going on for way too long. 44 years to be exact.
    So in order for him to satisfy you he has to ask the right guys to take paycuts. They must be the guys that you want to see take paycuts and not the guys that anyone else thinks. He also has to let Rex know that his job is on the line because you think he should?

Sounds like there is no way he'll ever get your blessing. But then again I don't thinks he cares about what you think, he cares about doing what is right for the NYJ.

Jets Insider VIP
    what we have here is the vast majority of the JI community agreeing that Idzik's performance and public demeanor so far are refreshing when compared with the Tannenbaum BIG SPLASH approach

in fact, my reading of this board is that really the only one finding fault, complaining about CFL or Arena League pickups (Cameron Wake, Warren Moon CFL....Kurt Warner Arena) is GMCJet, the JI village's very own village idiot

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I agree and I don't know where you stand on Rex Ryan but my opinion is he is a very good HC. If you give Rex the players, he will get the most out of them. He's achieved more than any HC in his stint at coaching than this organization has ever seen.

For all of his faults, and he does have a few, he's still a guy I would love to put up against BB. And that is pretty much why I want him around. Rex can go toe to toe with BB any old day of the week, he's proven that in the past. I believe winning the AFC East means being able to outcoach BB. Rex has already done that in the past and I think he can do it more often with more talent on the team.
    I am & have always been a big supporter of Rex the coach, not so much of his handling of the media.

Rex has a big heart and thats good, but, he doesn't always need to show it to the media. They will use it against him at every turn.

Good post. The main knock on Rex has been his mouth and I think him and the whole organization learned a lesson last season having been being brutalized by the media.

I can see us having a competitive team next season and hopefully winning some games on Defense as well scoring more points. I for one hope it happens and we keep Rex

Jets Insider VIP
    whats his approach?

his cuts were no brainers.

signing arena league and cfl players?

my guess hes so dumbfounded by the situation this organization is in he doesnt know what to do.
    His demeanor is soft spoken and thoughtful. He speaks intelligently and says he'll make decisions after a thorough evaluation. He doesn't seem fazed by the media at all. Perhaps the words dumbfounded, guess, are the wrong words .

Idzik is acting like the quiet professional on the surface. Who knows exactly what' going on behind closed doors.

The Revis situation is perplexing, but as always we don't have all the answers, nor do we know what is really going on.

Time will tell.

whats his approach?

my guess hes so dumbfounded by the situation this organization is in he doesnt know what to do.

Stop guessing, because you clearly have no clue of what you're talking about.

Jets Insider VIP
    whats his approach?

Are you complaining about the signing of practice squad members?? You do realize those signing are not newsworthy, it is part of daily operations of every team in the NFL...... Freeagency hasn't even begun.

whats his approach?

It's not the content of what he is doing that is impressive yet.

It is his style.

Since Idzik came in the Jets have been virtually AWOL in the news. And that's the way we like it.

Plus don't insult his intelligence.

So in order for him to satisfy you he has to ask the right guys to take paycuts. They must be the guys that you want to see take paycuts and not the guys that anyone else thinks. He also has to let Rex know that his job is on the line because you think he should?

Sounds like there is no way he'll ever get your blessing. But then again I don't thinks he cares about what you think, he cares about doing what is right for the NYJ.
    they are the overpaid players who are slackers on this team and put us in salary cap hell.

who else do you think should be asked to take a pay cut. i would also add david harris to the list even though he plays all out every game.

What FACTUAL basis do you have to make that statement - or your previous statement in your other post for that matter?

Sounds like you just want to keep throwing sh!t on the wall with the hopes that something sticks.
    He has no factual basis. None. He has ripped Idzik in every thread Idzik's been discussed and for no logical reason whatsoever. Ignore this idiot. 99% of his posts are moronic. Not just slightly stupid, but the stuff that imbeciles would be proud of. Nike's posts have earned him sole possession of impressive title of Jets Insider Village Idiot. And he wears his crown proudly.
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Idzik is acting like the quiet professional on the surface. Who knows exactly what' going on behind closed doors.

The Revis situation is perplexing, but as always we don't have all the answers, nor do we know what is really going on.

Time will tell.
    I definitely like Idzik's demeanor so far and he seems like he's as sharp as a tack. Woody just needs to stay out of the way...let the GM do what he's supposed to do and let the HC do what he's supposed to do. I'm still skeptical about this part.

All Pro
    Izdik is not putting himself in a position to eat shoe-leather, nor is he being bullied by the media the way that Mike Tannenbaum always was. Izdik has been very tight-lipped & cautious in dealing with the media. In turn, the media is doing what they usually do and fabricating alot of their own stories about the Jets as far as the team's intentions with free agents, as well as the draft. In my opinion, this is already a small victory for the Jets front office and hopefully an indication of things to come. I also believe Rex Ryan's silence in the media as of late is a direct result of Izdik's presence.
    That's what self-confidence in your abilities and security in knowing what you're doing is correct, and not let every media hack's need for attention driven statement make you second guess yourself. Nice to have a professional in the job for a change.
    I think Seattle's FO got the Jets' attention last year in the draft, I think they had eyes on drafting the same people, only Seattle was ahead of the Jets in the draft and got the players first. I think that inclined Woody et al to look favorably in that direction for their future.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-03-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    He has no factual basis. None. He has ripped Idzik in every thread Idzik's been discussed and for no logical reason whatsoever. Ignore this idiot. 99% of his posts are moronic. Not just slightly stupid, but the stuff that imbeciles would be proud of. Nike's posts have earned him sole possession of impressive title of Jets Insider Village Idiot. And he wears his crown proudly.
    i certainly have not you liar.