Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Idzik, I like his approach thus far.....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    But you should be used to that with some of the posters here....every damn thing has to have a negative spin...refreshing to see someone who actually gets it and sees that we have a competent GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    What FACTUAL basis do you have to make that statement - or your previous statement in your other post for that matter?

Sounds like you just want to keep throwing sh!t on the wall with the hopes that something sticks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Garrard move scares the hell out of me!
    While I'm certainly going to let the guy do his thing in the draft B4 I criticize, bringing in Garrard is just stupid.
    Forget the fact the there is NO WAY that Garrard ever starts for this team, the idea that he wasted any time with him makes me uneasy.

Think about this....you guys are all fans of the NFL, I'm sure some of you had seen the end of Garrards career. I even heard him talking about his injury on NFL Sirius radio when he got cut from Miami.

If I'm the new GM for the circus that WAS the NY Jets, this is how this conversation would have went....."how about we look at Garrard?"
    Me..."How about NO"
    End of conversation.
    Nothing wrong with due dilligence & bringing in Garrard for a look.

Last time I checked, we didn't sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    But you should be used to that with some of the posters here....every damn thing has to have a negative spin...refreshing to see someone who actually gets it and sees that we have a competent GM.
    Thanks jf.

There is still alot that remains to be seen but the early indications are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm looking for property up in Maine. Northern Maine.

How "blue" is the state?
    Maine is a pretty left leaning state, unfortunately. Pretty heavily taxed to pay for all of the social programs that the democrats keep on cooking up.

The confusing part is that most Mainers own guns and very much support the right to bear arms, especially in northern Maine. That flies directly in the face of democratic ideals.

Just the same, land be bought for about $2,000 an acre in many areas of northern Maine. It's just undeveloped and likely no formal town there. It's beautiful and scenic but don't look for anything like a hospital or police anywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Maine is a pretty left leaning state, unfortunately. Pretty heavily taxed to pay for all of the social programs that the democrats keep on cooking up.

The confusing part is that most Mainers own guns and very much support the right to bear arms, especially in northern Maine. That flies directly in the face of democratic ideals.

Just the same, land be bought for about $2,000 an acre in many areas of northern Maine. It's just undeveloped and likely no formal town there. It's beautiful and scenic but don't look for anything like a hospital or police anywhere.
    Speaking of Maine, any tips on how to increase my odds on winning a Moose permit?? LOL. I have tried the last 3 years , no luck.