Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 85

Thread: John Idzik, I like his approach thus far.....

  1. #61
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm how in the world can any sane poster knock Idzik at this stage of the game...

    Madness!!!!!!!!!

    Good Grief!!!

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So far so good.

    But ultimately his success or failure will be determined by his drafts. We got an important one this year. Can't afford to miss on the high picks. Need starters.
    Which is why we're drafting Warmack or Star at 9. Cutting Tebow once Garrard is signed will further restore credibility to this organization.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, so far he's cut the right ones. And brought in a cb.


    Yep. Considering it's only March and he's only been here for a couple of months, I'd say he's been pretty solid.

    Nike, your opinions are terrible.

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Several agents who met with the New York Jets during the combine say it seems Rex Ryan is running the show. We hear in several instances general manager John Idzik struggled to get a word in edgewise as Ryan controlled meetings. To be completely fair someone who met extensively with the Jets mentioned its more about personalities than control. Its not that Idzik doesn’t have control rather he’s much more reserved than the boisterous Ryan.

    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    - Several agents who met with the New York Jets during the combine say it seems Rex Ryan is running the show. We hear in several instances general manager John Idzik struggled to get a word in edgewise as Ryan controlled meetings. To be completely fair someone who met extensively with the Jets mentioned its more about personalities than control. Its not that Idzik doesn’t have control rather he’s much more reserved than the boisterous Ryan.

    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805
    If Woody was smart, he'd get the loudmouth Wrecks out of the way and let Idzik do the job he was hired for.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Woody was smart, he'd get the loudmouth Wrecks out of the way and let Idzik do the job he was hired for.
    I agree.

    I actually like Ryan as a coach. I do not like him much as a personnel guy.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If Woody was smart, he'd ............
    More useless and unreal hypotheticals from our resident troll?

  8. #68
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    - Several agents who met with the New York Jets during the combine say it seems Rex Ryan is running the show. We hear in several instances general manager John Idzik struggled to get a word in edgewise as Ryan controlled meetings. To be completely fair someone who met extensively with the Jets mentioned its more about personalities than control. Its not that Idzik doesn’t have control rather he’s much more reserved than the boisterous Ryan.http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I agree.

    I actually like Ryan as a coach. I do not like him much as a personnel guy.
    To be fair, this may have as much to do with the idle banter/chatter that takes about 70% of these discussions with material stuff intermixed. Nothing is being finalized at the Combine, especially any deal relating to Jets FAs. So, if Dustin Keller's people want to talk to the Jets and its a pretty forgone conclusion that no offer is coming prior to the start of FA (assuming that's true), the fact that Rex fills the dead time with stories about the one leg hooker that he and his college buddies used to hoola hoop with, doesn't really bother me.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    To be fair, this may have as much to do with the idle banter/chatter that takes about 70% of these discussions with material stuff intermixed. Nothing is being finalized at the Combine, especially any deal relating to Jets FAs. So, if Dustin Keller's people want to talk to the Jets and its a pretty forgone conclusion that no offer is coming prior to the start of FA (assuming that's true), the fact that Rex fills the dead time with stories about the one leg hooker that he and his college buddies used to hoola hoop with, doesn't really bother me.
    what happened to the other leg? And did Rex keep the attached foot?

  10. #70
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    what happened to the other leg? And did Rex keep the attached foot?
    See...you wanna hear the story.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    - Several agents who met with the New York Jets during the combine say it seems Rex Ryan is running the show. We hear in several instances general manager John Idzik struggled to get a word in edgewise as Ryan controlled meetings. To be completely fair someone who met extensively with the Jets mentioned its more about personalities than control. Its not that Idzik doesn’t have control rather he’s much more reserved than the boisterous Ryan.

    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805
    Meaningful: Rex is running the show. Wait, no he's not.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    what happened to the other leg? And did Rex keep the attached foot?
    Didn't Holmes hide it in his locker? With all the other cadaver parts?

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    There obviously is still a huge mountain to climb and the draft and the rest of this off-season will be the first real, complete, sample he gets judged by. However, I like what he is doing thus far, case in point:

    Izdik is not putting himself in a position to eat shoe-leather, nor is he being bullied by the media the way that Mike Tannenbaum always was. Izdik has been very tight-lipped & cautious in dealing with the media. In turn, the media is doing what they usually do and fabricating alot of their own stories about the Jets as far as the team's intentions with free agents, as well as the draft. In my opinion, this is already a small victory for the Jets front office and hopefully an indication of things to come. I also believe Rex Ryan's silence in the media as of late is a direct result of Izdik's presence.

    Izdik has already made some of the necessary moves to get the Jets about 8 million under the cap and can get under even further by restructuring a few other deals. This was not rocket science, but, it shows that he is on the right track as far as managing the mess of a salary cap that he inherited. The funny thing is, you still constantly hear about the Jets CAP situation, when there are several other teams that are in far worse CAP situations, like the Steelers for example.

    These are just a few small observations of the Jets new GM thus far, but, they are positive ones none the less and reasons for Jets fans to be at least somewhat optimistic about the future of the Jets under GM John Izdik's tenure.
    I'm reserving full judgment until we make it through free agency and the draft. The only move he has done so far that was a little out of left field is bring in Garrard for a workout. I don't think many Jets fans expected that Garrard might be our starting QB next season. His few public comments have been solid so far. Let's see how he navigates the next 2 months.

  14. #74
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was glad the Jets fired MT because he made some dubious moves. Hopefully, John Idzik is the one to turn things around and make them competitive. The team needs to draft intelligently. It will take some time and the fans will need to be patient.

  15. #75
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I agree 100% Arod. Many people wanted to assassinate the guy just as soon as he was hired, but it is the long haul that will tell the story about Idzik.

    Also, the first thing he ever mentioned in his press conference was competition will rule the team, especially at QB. That was music to my ears. It's the best way to run any football team IMO. It's things like that which make me think we could finally have a good FO.
    Why the need to have your self pictured with Dead Animals?
    That says Gay to Me! Mainejet!

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'm reserving full judgment until we make it through free agency and the draft. The only move he has done so far that was a little out of left field is bring in Garrard for a workout. I don't think many Jets fans expected that Garrard might be our starting QB next season. His few public comments have been solid so far. Let's see how he navigates the next 2 months.
    Agreed.

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Garrard move scares the hell out of me!
    While I'm certainly going to let the guy do his thing in the draft B4 I criticize, bringing in Garrard is just stupid.
    Forget the fact the there is NO WAY that Garrard ever starts for this team, the idea that he wasted any time with him makes me uneasy.

    Think about this....you guys are all fans of the NFL, I'm sure some of you had seen the end of Garrards career. I even heard him talking about his injury on NFL Sirius radio when he got cut from Miami.

    If I'm the new GM for the circus that WAS the NY Jets, this is how this conversation would have went....."how about we look at Garrard?"
    Me..."How about NO"
    End of conversation.

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    Why the need to have your self pictured with Dead Animals?
    That says Gay to Me! Mainejet!
    Only because you are a democrat and that pretty much says it all.

  19. #79
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Only because you are a democrat and that pretty much says it all.
    I'm looking for property up in Maine. Northern Maine.

    How "blue" is the state?

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    You nailed it....an air of professionalism......I like how this GM goes about things.



    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    While we are still early in the offseason, the new league year doesn't even begin till 3/12, Idzik seems to have brought an air of professionalism back to the franchise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us