Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wealth distribution in US.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    That is from the Rick Perry School of Economics; champion the state of Texas as a model for the rest of the country.

Then one day we can have 50 states that offer thousands upon thousands of exciting employment opportunities through places like Wal-Mart. And just be happy that you have a job despite the poor pay and poor benefits; if not they will find another person to take the job.

But cut Wal-Mart some slack; its hard to offer decent benefits and pay to its workers when historically, they have had trouble turning a profit.
    Texans are victims of Rick Perry and have no freedom to make decisions that impact their own lives. We should build an underground railroad that moves Wallmart workers from Texas to Boston.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you saying that all poor people are poor by choice? I am confused by your comment about changing 'behavior'.
    of course not, I was a child to a single parent without a high school diploma, I could do very little to help myself. But generationally, it can be done. I grew up on welfare and lived on free lunches and food stamps until I was about 14 when I got my first real job and understand poverty fairly well. The government programs made available to me were invaluable also have an element of crippling a person.

The single best thing someone can do to not be poor is get a job and work at becoming very good at it. start as a plumbers assistant or a cook. the best 20 percent in any profession make significantly more than their peers.

I am convinced that without a chnage in behavior may poor will stay poor.

In fact this goes for middle class as well. I see it in my clients. Those making say 150K working for a bank buying a 600K house. IMO, that's a recipe for potential problems. yet I have many who make 600K and buy the same house.

The whole video is wildly misleading. In order for people to choose an ideal wealth distribution you have to assume that there is an ideal wealth distribution.

In my opinion the ideal income distribution is whatever best reflects the value of the work produced by the individuals receiving income. And yeah there are CEO's and inventors, and actors, and athletes producing 380x+ times the value of the average person.

Multiple choice propaganda question:

Would you prefer
    (A) More gun control.
    (B) Mandatory sterilization
    (C) Nuclear Armageddon.

This just in, 99% of Americans want more gun control!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The 80's are over.
    Yeah. And so is communism which is the only solution to this. There is no such thing as a happy medium. People need to get over it and stop allowing themselves to be bought.

All Pro
    That is from the Rick Perry School of Economics; champion the state of Texas as a model for the rest of the country.

Then one day we can have 50 states that offer thousands upon thousands of exciting employment opportunities through places like Wal-Mart. And just be happy that you have a job despite the poor pay and poor benefits; if not they will find another person to take the job.

But cut Wal-Mart some slack; its hard to offer decent benefits and pay to its workers when historically, they have had trouble turning a profit.
    Crack on Texas all you want.

No state income tax.

Cheap housing.

Lot of companies putting the national headquarters right here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Like CPA said, too many people way outspend their income, so they have no net worth. Buy a car you can afford. Pay it off. Buy a house you can afford, pay it off. Don't upgrade every 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah. And so is communism which is the only solution to this. There is no such thing as a happy medium. People need to get over it and stop allowing themselves to be bought.
    What's China again?

Communist and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Communist and nothing more.

Thankfully we don't deal with communist countries.

Thankfully we don't deal with communist countries.
    So since we deal with them we should emulate them?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    So since we deal with them we should emulate them?
    Nah, we only deal with communist countries we can exploit. It's cool bro.

Hall Of Fame
    What's China again?
    Our future mother country.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Lot of companies putting the national headquarters right here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
    Bingo. Why wouldn't they go to Cali/NY/Jersey/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Texans are victims of Rick Perry and have no freedom to make decisions that impact their own lives. We should build an underground railroad that moves Wallmart workers from Texas to Boston.
    Funny.

Instead we have the alternate plan which is the taxpayers will continue to pay for Wal-Mart's workers' healthcare plan (medicare) and Christmas bonuses (welfare).

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Only poor children are not poor by choice.
    Everyone else made one or more poor decisions that could have improved their status.
    So if I'm just middle-class am I batting .500 on my life decisions?

All League
    Bring back stricter Wall Street regulation.

End subsidies for fossil fuel companies. Cut military spending by a third.

Use the money saved from those two:

a. reinvest in infrastructure - jobs in the short term

b. Redo k-12 education in this country - longer school days, year round school (no summer break), uniform curriculum throughout the country - this will cost more as teachers will be working longer hours - stronger work force in the long term.

And we don't have to raise taxes at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    So if I'm just middle-class am I batting .500 on my life decisions?
    If it was baseball you would be the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Funny.

Instead we have the alternate plan which is the taxpayers will continue to pay for Wal-Mart's workers' healthcare plan (medicare) and Christmas bonuses (welfare).
    I'm good with paying for poor people's health care. If a good chunk of the money I was sending to Washington was doing only that I would be very happy. I like the idea of Medicare for all. I don't like being dependent on a corporation for my health care. Mobility is a wonderful thing.

Veteran
    I can't wait until all the non-creative jobs are taken by robots/computers. Then we'll really see the **** hit the fan regarding rich/poor people. These rich people talking redistribution are smart. They don't really want it, but maybe the masses will show them mercy when the uprising begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    I can't wait until all the non-creative jobs are taken by robots/computers. Then we'll really see the **** hit the fan regarding rich/poor people. These rich people talking redistribution are smart. They don't really want it, but maybe the masses will show them mercy when the uprising begins.
    I hope when they do they do it to music.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Not really far off the mark. Lower skill labor is being replaced every day with technology and that is why we are in the situation we are.

Uprising? Perhaps in the distant future but I agree with you. Only in Govt will lower skill positions continue to pay above the market (Post office, DMV etc). But there will be less people to pay those taxes as we have now.