Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Wealth distribution in US.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post

    There may well be savers who are low income earners who have accumulated substantial wealth. There may well be public employees who don't save at all because they will not need future wealth assetts to live on?
    hahaha, must be another silver spooner....

  2. #82
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,736
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Wealth distribution is a big problem in this country and a significant factor of the current economic mess. The middle class is essentially dead, and in my opinion, the current wealth classes are more accurately categorized into two groups of 80% lower and 20% upper.

    The solution does not lie in greater socialism and forced redistribution under the current system. It lies in private trickle down economics triggered by incentives in a reformed, simplified tax system.
    I lived thru that and we wound up with the largest federal deficit in history.

  3. #83
    Simple solution take all of their money and when that is gone tough crap!

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I lived thru that and we wound up with the largest federal deficit in history.
    Fair enough, but my vision of trickle down economics is far different than anything that's been implemented in the past. It doesn't work and goes straight into the pockets of the plutocrats if there isn't a proper system in place.

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The free-market is far from perfect. But is also far better than the alternative.

    It is every man's duty to make sure his children have a better life than they had. Therefore, I cannot hold it against people for being born rich. Somewhere along the line someone in that family started from scratch. As long as they pay it forward to the next generation then they have done their duty.

    It sucks having to be the first one to "make it" but everyone can "make it" if they want it bad enough. Of course people have different starting points, but that is life and if you don't get over it you are never going to get anywhere.
    Today only 63%of children are being raised in two parent families compared to 82% in 1970. Apparently men aren't doing their job or women have decided to do it alone.

    Male children of single parent households run by a women are doing very poorly. Right now more than 50% of women under 30 are choosing to have children without a long term male partner. This is going to continue to create an even larger wealth divide.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/bu...=business&_r=0

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Today only 63%of children are being raised in two parent families compared to 82% in 1970. Apparently men aren't doing their job or women have decided to do it alone.

    Male children of single parent households run by a women are doing very poorly. Right now more than 50% of women under 30 are choosing to have children without a long term male partner. This is going to continue to create an even larger wealth divide.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/bu...=business&_r=0
    Good article, i think this theory is a bit off though.
    In this telling, the economic struggles of male workers are both a cause and an effect of the breakdown of traditional households. Men who are less successful are less attractive as partners, so women are choosing to raise children by themselves, producing sons who are less successful and attractive as partners.
    Reduced to more simple terms:

    Down Economy -> Less successful male -> Male less attractive to female -> male child raised by single female -> Less successful male


    I tend to believe.

    Cultural shift away from gender roles and a traditional understanding of Masculinity -> Less successful male -> Down Economy -> Male less attractive to female -> Further focus on gender neutral economy and abolishment of gender roles -> Less successful male....

  8. #88

  9. #89
    Just wait for Obamacare to kick in. Health Insurance will go thru the roof, companies with 50 or fulltime employees will lay people off or make them part time. Taxes to pay for this Obama program will go sky high! Free is never free unless you are on the doll(sp) anyway!

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Just wait for Obamacare to kick in. Health Insurance will go thru the roof, companies with 50 or fulltime employees will lay people off or make them part time. Taxes to pay for this Obama program will go sky high! Free is never free unless you are on the doll(sp) anyway!

    You ain't seen nothing. And in the dark of the night predawn today, Patty Murray and the corrupt DEM senate voted to raise taxes by almost $1.2 trillion. Think THAT might crimp some things. And SPENDING will increase by even more. $24 trillion deficit coming.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us