Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Schein leaving NFL Radio and going to MadDog Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    From Scarecrow in the first Batman to this, my how Schein's acting career has fallen.
    LMAO!

Veteran

Arrow

THANK GOD!!! I hate that douche!!!

Schein is awful how does he keep getting jobs?

I find Schein quite amusing on SNY .. Always trying to figure out if its 10W-40 or Synthetic in his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He founded the Tennis Channel on SiriusXM radio - it is called MadDog Radio. He is the worst host on his own channel.
    lol me likey this post

"Who's Johnny Manziel?" - says the overpaid professional yeller with a heisman vote

He founded the Tennis Channel on SiriusXM radio - it is called MadDog Radio. He is the worst host on his own channel.
    I never listened that much to the FAN even when I lived in New Jersey. Occasionally I would listen to the one host who was at least entertainng, the great Steve Sommers.

All Pro
    sheins a joke, who never played sports and gets a career to now critique them

Veteran
    Puzzling move IMHO..

The only thing that remotely makes sense is that Sirius NFL was about to change up his slot, or flush him altogether.

Now Schein gets to share a channel with the immortal dino costa...Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoJokeJets View Post
    Puzzling move IMHO..

The only thing that remotely makes sense is that Sirius NFL was about to change up his slot, or flush him altogether.

Now Schein gets to share a channel with the immortal dino costa...Oh boy.
    I actually like Dino. I agree with nothing he says politically but he is such a narcissistic and deluded train wreck it's like listening to Mike Francesa drunk and on steroids.

Last edited by Borgoguy; 03-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Why the f**k did the link break. All I did was quote your post, C Mart.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I actually like Dino. I agree with nothing he says politically but he is such a narcissistic and deluded train wreck it's like listening to Mike Francesa drunk and on steroids.
    I actually like Dino. Unlike Fatsesca, he can stay awake for an entire show.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sirius in total lacks any sort of meaningful listener base

I like it and have receivers at home and in the car but my honest opinion is that it has little or no chance of long term viability.
    I believe Howard Stern has 9 million listeners. Like him or not, that's what I call a meaningful base. How many does Mike the Fatso or Anus in the morning have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    I believe Howard Stern has 9 million listeners. Like him or not, that's what I call a meaningful base. How many does Mike the Fatso or Anus in the morning have?
    Stern and the merger of XM and Sirius has made the company viable in the long-term. Even after Stern leaves in 3 years I think another show will take its place with most of his key players teaming up (Sal and Richard, Gary, Artie).

Most newer model cars are being built with satellite radio installed which is also huge for them.

WFAN grossed $40 mil in revenue last year. I think if they do the right thing and get rid of Fatso once his contract is up it will eliminate alot of their overhead and make them even more profitable. They can put anyone in NY afternoon drive-time and they'd be succesful. Don Anus? He's still busy trying to convince idiot advertisers that his two listeners are the most powerful people in the world.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.

I actually like Dino. Unlike Fatsesca, he can stay awake for an entire show.
    Dino is a nutcase who hates all of my teams but unlike Fatso he is actually entertaining and actually interested in the subject matter.

Chris Christie barking at the Dog as NJ Governor knocks Chris Russo on Adam Schein move

Chris Christie runs New Jersey. Is he trying to takeover SiriusXM’s “Mad Dog Radio”?

The question is valid following the Governor’s recent on-air call to Chris (Mad Dog) Russo. Christie blasted Doggie for hiring Adam (Nabob of Nugget) Schein to run the mid-day show and for disposing of its current host, Bruce Murray, whom he booted over to NFL radio’s “SXM Blitz.”

Christie, relentless as usual, accused Russo of having a “death wish” and characterized Schein as a “whiney guy with glasses.”

“Are you kidding me? Adam Schein for Bruce Murray?” Christie asked. “Do you want to lose ears all across America? This guy (Schein) is unlistenable.”

Russo said the Governor was being a bit harsh.

“No, it’s not a little harsh,” Christie shot back. “Do you watch the Jets postgame show (that Schein appears on on SportsNet New York)? This is unbelievable.”

Christie is fond of Murray. He has appeared on his show. Friendship, and his definition of good radio, was all the motivation the Guv needed to pound away at Schein and belittle Russo.

“You’re kicking him (Murray) off ‘Mad Dog Radio.’ It’s outrageous,” Christie said. “Adam Schein? Come on. Chris, I love you as a radio host but your managerial decisions are lacking.”

“My management skills are not as good as yours, let’s put it that way. I have been inept,” Russo admitted. “Is this phone call more because Bruce is getting a raw deal or is this because you think Adam is a bad hire?”

“Both,” Christie said. “It’s a raw deal. And Adam, I don’t get it. You want this guy leading into you? What do you have, a death wish?”

Russo tried defending Schein and downplaying the transaction. “To me it’s a little trade,” Russo said. “This is not Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi.’

“Let me tell you something,” Christie said. “It makes Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi look like a good trade. How about Amos Otis for Joe Foy?”

When asked what it felt like to be verbally trashed by Christie, Schein laughed derisively saying he will use the governor’s remarks to open his show.

“The governor is wrong. This isn’t a trade, this is a promotion. Hopefully he will let me borrow the state helicopter he uses to go to his Little League games for the New York-New Jersey Super Bowl,” Schein said. “But I do appreciate him watching ‘Jets Postgame Live’ on SNY.”

Christie’s salvo is not the only element adding significance to the Schein move. Russo’s 5-year SXM contract, worth about $20 million, expires this summer.

It would not be surprising if the suits brought Schein in as an insurance policy. If Russo leaves SXM they could move Schein into his time slot.

Russo even alluded to this during his “interview” with Christie when he said: “If I leave they could have Adam fill in.”

Schein Ickey Shuffled around a question about replacing Russo. “My ideal scenario would be to keep everything (SNY, SXM, CBS Sports Net, NFL.com) I’m doing right now,” he said. "That’s my vision.”

Big money has been known to adjust one’s eyesight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ra...icle-1.1284067

I agree with Chris Christie. Schein is awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    murray will be missed but shein actually did alright on the doggy station today.....i'll still follow murray with his due with Gannon, but i'll listen the shein from time to time while i'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchein: Very excited to announce our new show "Schein on Sports" on @MadDogRadio starting next week! @siriusxmsports http://t.co/XMF4KxbEkm

Since he does SNY Jets stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whiny and Nasally in the Morning