Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiny bit of info/news

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wait, are you clapping for yourself?
    Ha Ha . I was just thinking the same.

All League
    I truly hope Idzik has final say. I also hope Rex is going to bat to lock up 24. Which I'm sure he is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I for one have no issue with the new GM sitting back and let Rex chat it up ... Doesn't mean idzik isn't the one who will be behind the curtain pulling the great and powerful wizard of oz strings

Ljr
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't interrupt the rants of the unintelligent masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't interrupt the rants of the unintelligent masses.
    +1000000000000

I would fire REX RYAN IF the Jets have a ****T* DRAFT and OFFSEASON!!! REX wouldnt even make it to the season if he showed signs of BS in the next couple months.. This draft is crucial 4 jets and next yrs draft 4 the future and u cant let REX F*CK it up AGAIN... I would get his asZ out of here real fast if i were in charge! Jets better win the SB sooooooon bc im getting sick of REX RYAN...

Jets Sign Three with Arena League Experience

Posted Mar 1, 2013
    By Jets Media Relations Department

The New York Jets have signed defensive tackle Junior Aumavae, defensive back Eric Crocker and wide receiver Thomas Mayo.

Aumavae (6'2", 310/Minnesota State/Palmer, AK) entered the NFL as a free agent with Dallas on April 20 last year and was waived prior to the Cowboys' training camp. He spent time with the Tampa Bay Storm of the AFL as well as the Green Bay Blizzard and the Fairbank Grizzlies of the Indoor Football League.

Crocker (6'2", 195/Arkansas-Monticello/Stockton, CA) enters the NFL as a free agent after spending the 2012 season with the San Antonio Talons of the AFL, for whom he registered 70.5 tackles, two forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, 13 passes defensed and three interceptions.

Mayo (6'2", 205/California (PA)/Reston, VA) entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Oakland last May 4 and participated in the Raiders' training camp before being waived Aug. 27. He spent time with the Chicago Rush of the AFL during the 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets Sign Three with Arena League Experience

Posted Mar 1, 2013
    By Jets Media Relations Department

The New York Jets have signed defensive tackle Junior Aumavae, defensive back Eric Crocker and wide receiver Thomas Mayo.

Aumavae (6'2", 310/Minnesota State/Palmer, AK) entered the NFL as a free agent with Dallas on April 20 last year and was waived prior to the Cowboys' training camp. He spent time with the Tampa Bay Storm of the AFL as well as the Green Bay Blizzard and the Fairbank Grizzlies of the Indoor Football League.

Crocker (6'2", 195/Arkansas-Monticello/Stockton, CA) enters the NFL as a free agent after spending the 2012 season with the San Antonio Talons of the AFL, for whom he registered 70.5 tackles, two forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, 13 passes defensed and three interceptions.

Mayo (6'2", 205/California (PA)/Reston, VA) entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Oakland last May 4 and participated in the Raiders' training camp before being waived Aug. 27. He spent time with the Chicago Rush of the AFL during the 2012 season.
    Three amazing signings we got there.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I for one have no issue with the new GM sitting back and let Rex chat it up ... Doesn't mean idzik isn't the one who will be behind the curtain pulling the great and powerful wizard of oz strings

Ljr
    Exactly. Idzik didnt get this job by being stupid. He knows exactly what he's doing and he knows what he's letting Rex do. Good cop bad cop routine or in this case its Tom Cat and Jerry Mouse and who almost always wins? quiet little Jerry the Mouse. Idzik didnt take this job to lose it believe me. This tiny bit of news is simply another media effort to grab attention by creating more Jet disaster news. Its like a flippin soap opera.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Three amazing signings we got there.
    Who knows? Lets give the guys a chance to show what they have before dumping on them here! Guys laughed at Brady in for Bledsoe. They laughed at Warren moon and Kurt Warner as well as Cameron Wake!

All this confirms is that which we already knew...

Rex has a big mouth. This doesn't mean he's running the show, it doesn't mean he's the primary decision maker, it means he's just as much an attention-needy pig in closed meetings as he is in press conferences.

The truth about who is in charge of building this roster will become evident when free agency begins, and the draft unfolds. Until then, we just sound like a bunch of wussies worrying this much over a rumor that Rex talked more than Izdik.

This reminds me of a famous Lincoln quote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rex would be an example of the latter part of that quote.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    All this confirms is that which we already knew...

Rex has a big mouth. This doesn't mean he's running the show, it doesn't mean he's the primary decision maker, it means he's just as much an attention-needy pig in closed meetings as he is in press conferences.

The truth about who is in charge of building this roster will become evident when free agency begins, and the draft unfolds. Until then, we just sound like a bunch of wussies worrying this much over a rumor that Rex talked more than Izdik.

This reminds me of a famous Lincoln quote:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rex would be an example of the latter part of that quote.
    I don't get how people can think that just because someone is a big, attention seeking loudmouth, that somehow makes them an 'alpha' personality. There's no connection!
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-04-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Sigh... I posted this to at least have an informed title. We all cheer that Izdik is reserved and turned Florham Park into Fort Knox, but then we expect him to blather over Rex. Who is to say he isn't in control, but will let Rex do his jib jab? Also did anyone actually read past the italics??

I don't get how people can think that just becomes someone is a big, attention seeking loudmouth, that somehow makes them an 'alpha' personality. There's no connection!
    Agreed.

I've seen nothing from Rex to make me think he's an alpha male, with the way he fawns all over his coaches and players, and panders to the temperment of the fan base, he comes across more like a man seeking approval.

His actions, even his boastful nonsense, are those of an insecure personality. The average school yard bully, that curls up in a ball when hit back... just like Rex does when he runs into adversity.

I wish he was an alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Sigh... I posted this to at least have an informed title. We all cheer that Izdik is reserved and turned Florham Park into Fort Knox, but then we expect him to blather over Rex. Who is to say he isn't in control, but will let Rex do his jib jab? Also did anyone actually read past the italics??
    I did.

My post was more about the reactions to your original post... Over-reactions would be more appropriate.

Agreed.

I've seen nothing from Rex to make me think he's an alpha male, with the way he fawns all over his coaches and players, and panders to the temperment of the fan base, he comes across more like a man seeking approval.

His actions, even his boastful nonsense, are those of an insecure personality. The average school yard bully, that curls up in a ball when hit back... just like Rex does when he runs into adversity.

I wish he was an alpha.
    Good post....He is a good coach, not great. Now that he has hit adversity, he seems not to know how to react as he is totally exposed.

I don't get how people can think that just because someone is a big, attention seeking loudmouth, that somehow makes them an 'alpha' personality. There's no connection!
    Exactly ... Ever heard a chihuahua ?

Agreed.

I wish he was an alpha.
    Agreed ... John Harbaugh... Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Stupidity requires no motivation.
    I have similar thoughts when I read your posts...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Not one.

SOJF's have been quiet of late, forced to shut up, they've been busting at the seems to whine.

I did.

My post was more about the reactions to your original post... Over-reactions would be more appropriate.
    Yea. I know you did, I guess I just meant the people LOSING their minds and not even reading the whole thing.