Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny bit of info/news

Tiny bit of info/news

Interesting note from Tony Pauline's blog at Draftinsider:

Several agents who met with the New York Jets during the combine say it seems Rex Ryan is running the show. We hear in several instances general manager John Idzik struggled to get a word in edgewise as Ryan controlled meetings. To be completely fair someone who met extensively with the Jets mentioned its more about personalities than control. Its not that Idzik doesnít have control rather heís much more reserved than the boisterous Ryan.
    The italics were the way it was formatted on the blog, not anything I added. With there being little to no news, I figured I share this find here.

woody should have just made rex ryan the gm.

Jets Insider VIP
    if true, we are doomed.

Jets Insider VIP
    We all knew this. Rex Ryan runs the Jets.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This is exactly what we were told by Mike Francesa, Adam Shein, and everyone else of note.

We got the last kid picked for dodgeball and he's a behind-the-scenes operator.

SAR I

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Woody wants to run this franchise into the ground, and Rex is the perfect man for such a mission.

inb4 rah rah screams 'SOJF' at us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Woody wants to run this franchise into the ground, and Rex is the perfect man for such a mission.

inb4 rah rah screams 'SOJF' at us.
    What would be his motivation for this? Maybe he is an incompetent owner, I could buy that, but why would he deliberately try to set up the franchise for failure?

That makes zero sense.

Also, before everyone starts fraking out, in the exact same quote it says that it is more of a perosnality trait, meaning that Idzik is more soft spoken than loud moth Rex. None of us know right now who the main decision maker is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    What would be his motivation for this? Maybe he is an incompetent owner, I could buy that, but why would he deliberately try to set up the franchise for failure?

That makes zero sense.

Also, before everyone starts fraking out, in the exact same quote it says that it is more of a perosnality trait, meaning that Idzik is more soft spoken than loud moth Rex. None of us know right now who the main decision maker is.
    Stupidity requires no motivation.

Banned

That makes zero sense.

This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is exactly what we were told by Mike Francesa, Adam Shein, and everyone else of note.

We got the last kid picked for dodgeball and he's a behind-the-scenes operator.

SAR I
    Anytime "Mike Francesa" is referred to as a reliable source, I'm going to write something. Please stop referring to this ass-clown as if he has any integrity or intelligence, whatsoever. He never has and never will give an unbiased opinion regarding the Jets. The fact you give this guy even an ounce of respect is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    Anytime "Mike Francesa" is referred to as a reliable source, I'm going to write something. Please stop referring to this ass-clown as if he has any integrity or intelligence, whatsoever. He never has and never will give an unbiased opinion regarding the Jets. The fact you give this guy even an ounce of respect is ridiculous.
    Just last week the sports pope blessed the masses with this lie; "all Revis ever wanted was to be in New York and play for the Jets".

Of course, the fact that he held out every other year and would not leave a nickel on the table during negotiations did not come up during his sermon. He continued by speaking for all Jets fans by saying we should be upset with the owner for not wanting to keep this poor soul who only.....wants...to....be.....a....jet. (And be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history)
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.

All Pro

That makes zero sense.

You don't think it makes sense that a billionaire would take his billion dollar investment and actively find ways to ruin it? No? What are you, logical or something?

All Pro
    On NOooooooOOOOOOOO0000000ooooooooo!!!!!

We are DOOOOOOOOOOOoooomed!!!!!

As for the thread topic, this "news" means less then nothing. It does not matter who is louder just who makes the final decision. And a tell tale sign will be whether Revis gets traded. If he does then the fairy tale narrative that Ryan still runs the show completely and with final say will be put to rest. Of course since reality rarely matters in the world of the New York sports/gossip media, the stories will probably continue.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.

All Pro
    What would be his motivation for this?

He's going to drive all the fans away so he can move the team of course.

Franchise Tags

With only fifteen minutes to go and not surprisingly no Jet player was franchised. Franchise tags because of the rising costs seems to be down this year. A list of the top free agents this year found no Jets in the top 50. Highest rated was Dustin Keller at 56

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-50-2013-nfl-free-agents/

Who should the Jets try to sign?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post

He's going to drive all the fans away so he can move the team of course.
    Carefull, GMC might take you seriously

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    With only fifteen minutes to go and not surprisingly no Jet player was franchised. Franchise tags because of the rising costs seems to be down this year. A list of the top free agents this year found no Jets in the top 50. Highest rated was Dustin Keller at 56

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-50-2013-nfl-free-agents/

Who should the Jets try to sign?
    @ConorTOrr: #Jets have officially not used the franchise tag. Weren't expected to.

Hall Of Fame
    Lets be honest. Does this surprise anybody? This was one of my biggest fears but I am still hopeful for Idzik and will wait until I see the draft picks before I decide if Rex is in complete control.

Rex is an alpha dog and he will dominate those with weaker personalities.