Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiny bit of info/news

All Pro
    On another note, this was the blurb right above the originally posted one.

Quote Originally Posted by draftdaddy
    - Word during the final day of the combine is many of the free agent cornerbacks and defensive backs who are expecting big paydays are likely to be disappointed. We hear those expecting deals of $7-million per year may have to settle for $4-$5 million annually. LaRon Landry, whos hoping to get in the area of $6-million per year, is likely to be offered no more than $3-$4 million, according to those who hung around Indianapolis through Tuesday.
    At $3-4MM/year I'd love to see Landry back.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Woody wants to run this franchise into the ground, and Rex is the perfect man for such a mission.

inb4 rah rah screams 'SOJF' at us.
    The fact that you acknowledge this only proves my point, and how pathetic you and every other SOJF actually are.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Rex should be reading books on coaching, watching game tape, studying Morninweg's playbook - doing things that will make him a better coach. He should never be in the room while the team is meeting with player's agents and he really shouldn't have any say in the upcoming draft either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The fact that you acknowledge this only proves my point, and how pathetic you and every other SOJF actually are.

Yes, I admit that you drink a lot of kool-aid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Carefull, GMC might take you seriously
    LOL

you never know with the wearer of the crown

Yes, I admit that you drink a lot of kool-aid.

If drinking kool-aid means I have a clue and I avoid the doldrums of SOJF mantra, consider me a kool-aid aholic.

If drinking kool-aid means I have a clue and I avoid the doldrums of SOJF mantra, consider me a kool-aid aholic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJkMBMEwPk

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I for one have no issue with the new GM sitting back and let Rex chat it up ... Doesn't mean idzik isn't the one who will be behind the curtain pulling the great and powerful wizard of oz strings

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Lets be honest. Does this surprise anybody? This was one of my biggest fears but I am still hopeful for Idzik and will wait until I see the draft picks before I decide if Rex is in complete control.

Rex is an alpha dog and he will dominate those with weaker personalities.
    The one axe in this theory is the Revis situation. If Rex Ryan was running the team, trade talks about Revis would not happen. Rex loves Revis.

And don't say "but that was Woody" Then it that case Woody runs the team.

You can't have it both ways. There can only be one person in charge. One person pulling the strings.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.

only a fool would think Rex is still running the show..If he was he certainly would not be left with a lame duck contract.. I say still because Mike T was the worst football minded gm possibly in the history of the NFL. Rex carried him on the decisions on D, draft,signings,ect. He did a ver good job playing gm for D. He couldnt carry his "weight" with playing O gm.. Thats why O has failed.. hopefully now we have a GM who can finally play "gm".

Rex has always been a talker, who cares hes talking in meetings.. I like John's approach as gm so far, hes not a talker or looking for big splash on backpages.. He will finally put a legit NFl backup at qb, something Mike t has never done. He doesnt have a lot of moves to make (outside of Revis) until the draft. We are rebuilding, atleast for a year..

All Pro

Wait, are you clapping for yourself?

It's part of Idzik's approach. He's not going to try and change Rex's boisterous personality...he's going to let him decide his own fate: If Rex is a bigmouth and he wins, Idzik'll be hailed as a guy who recognized he had the right guy at the right time, and didn't try to blow it up. if Rex is a bigmouth and he loses, Rex is out, Idzik gets to put his own guy in there.

He may just be letting Rex tighten the noose around his own neck. I don't see it as a sign of weakness in Idzik.

All Pro
    Dump onto a tiny molehill

before SOJF pukes make it into a mountain

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    It's part of Idzik's approach. He's not going to try and change Rex's boisterous personality...he's going to let him decide his own fate: If Rex is a bigmouth and he wins, Idzik'll be hailed as a guy who recognized he had the right guy at the right time, and didn't try to blow it up. if Rex is a bigmouth and he loses, Rex is out, Idzik gets to put his own guy in there.

He may just be letting Rex tighten the noose around his own neck. I don't see it as a sign of weakness in Idzik.

This...after the Tanny & Rex buddy-up of the last few years a little Idzik ying to Rex's Yang might actually be a good blend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh boy, Tony Pauline sends a text and now Idzik is a moron and Rex has all the control. Unbelievable how quickly people come to irrational conclusions on this site.

Here's some news "Randy Mosss met with Jets execs during the combine, expect him to sign soon".

All Pro
    Stupidity requires no motivation.
    I guess you just proved that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    Oh boy, Tony Pauline sends a text and now Idzik is a moron and Rex has all the control. Unbelievable how quickly people come to irrational conclusions on this site.

Here's some news "Randy Mosss met with Jets execs during the combine, expect him to sign soon".
    Come on don't ruin the whining in this thread, this Tony Pauline text has made their day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I guess you just proved that theory.
    Ohh, settling for the obvious joke? That's something I expect from SARcasm, but you? C'mon, stepchild. I know you're better than that and are smart enough to really think of a good put down. So, let's just take a minute to process things, open notepad on your computer and jog down a few little good ones, and then come back and we'll try it all over again.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Come on don't ruin the whining in this thread, this Tony Pauline text has made their day!!!
    Well apparently Woody wants to run the Jets into the ground, because he's too stupid to realize that's not what you're supposed to do, but he's smart enough to know that Rex Ryan is the best way to do it. I think that's the jist of it. I don't know if these threads make them happy or not, because apparently stupid doesn't need a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wait, are you clapping for yourself?
    Not at all, our guy McClowny