Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs Resign Bowe, Expected to Franchise Albert

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ESPNStatsInfo: Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has 40 drops since 2008, most among all players over that span.
    Still a solid receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Still a solid receiver.
    Bowe would have had a much better career if he didn't have to play with crappy quarterbacks like Matt Cassel his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They can. They currently have Eric Winston at RT.

@WilliamsonNFL: Trade Down for #Chiefs is easier said than done...I like Winston to stay at RT, but Albert could move to OG
    Your not paying a player franchise LT money, to play guard. What is his name Robert Gallery. No way they are taking a tackle with their first pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Your not paying a player franchise LT money, to play guard. What is his name Robert Gallery. No way they are taking a tackle with their first pick.
    For one season it is not out of the question. More likely if they cut Tyson Jackson, which seems probable considering they save 14.9 million by doing so, they draft Floyd to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For one season it is not out of the question. More likely if they cut Tyson Jackson, which seems probable considering they save 14.9 million by doing so, they draft Floyd to replace him.
    Thank you! Amazes me how some people don't understand the Franchise tag is a one year deal..This allows KC to do whatever they want now at #1..Take an OL, QB, CB, DL whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Chiefs probably go Jarvis Jones #1 overall. As great as Warmack is I can't see a Guard going #1 overall. Moving Albert inside back to his college position Guard is also an option with Joeckel at LT.
    They have Justin Houston and tamba hali and Brandon Albert said he's not playing guard so that doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Chiefs probably go Jarvis Jones #1 overall. As great as Warmack is I can't see a Guard going #1 overall. Moving Albert inside back to his college position Guard is also an option with Joeckel at LT.
    Hope it does not play out like this. With the release of Pace we really need an OLB now. I am hoping that Jones (a true 3-4 OLB) falls to us.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    They have Justin Houston and tamba hali and Brandon Albert said he's not playing guard so that doesn't work
    Albert would be a terrible guard anyway

His strength is pass protection, but he's a sub-par run blocker. Just like everyone that played on that UVA team (Brick, Monroe, Albert) were all left tackles playing various positions on that line under Groh. Athletic, but not road graders

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know.

Which is why they could still take a Tackle. I wouldn't be surprised. It will be interesting to see what they do now.
    I would be very surprised if they draft a tackle in the first. They drafted Stephenson in the 3rd last year and he did start 5 games When Albert was out.
    With 3 tackles under 28 I will be very surprised if they spent another 1st on a LT.

Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    Hope it does not play out like this. With the release of Pace we really need an OLB now. I am hoping that Jones (a true 3-4 OLB) falls to us.
    I like Jones alot but with how popular the 3-4 is in the NFL now plus the fact that pass rushers are so coveted I would be shocked if he made it to 9. But then again I was shocked Coples fell to us last year so who knows.

All Pro
    Might be the worst year to have the first pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Might be the worst year to have the first pick
    Not the worst but KC is certainly handling it all wrong IMO. At the top end you have some very good LTs and they go and tag a below average LT. Then you have 2 very good QB prospects and you trade away 2 high picks for a below average starter. You also resign your #1 WR in what is a pretty good WR draft as well. I can't see them being the 1st to take a CB and Jones drops IMO. So that means they have called their hand in taking a 3-4 DL or DT. There is just 0 mystery so no one is going to want to trade up with them. Sharrif Floyd or Star will likely be drafted. Unless they really do trade the pick for Revis like some early rumors had then doing. I just don't see it though it is a pick I think they just stuck themselves with making dumb moves this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    If they switch to a 4-3 Jones is possible but very unlikely. 3-4 DE is almost certain at this point though.