Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Not so fast on 49ers' and #Jets CB Darrelle Revis. High-ranking team source says 49ers' interest is ".001 on a scale of 1-10."
    They weren't interested in Peyton either until Harbaugh wined and dined him.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I said over a 10-year period, not by decade.

Manipulate the 49ers as much as you want, but they won't come close to 15 playoff wins and 3 Super Bowl titles.

That's my point.
    4 super bowl titles in 10 years.

the pats may set the record for sb losses in a ten year period.

It's the Leverage game...Here's another

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons
    Revis Island is not relocating to Lake Lanier. #Falcons addressing their own free agents, prepping for the draft. http://shar.es/jQmcg
    Are all of these coming out, conveniently after the initial report that they were in?

I'm sick of all the Revis crap.

It's the Leverage game...Here's another

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons
    Revis Island is not relocating to Lake Lanier. #Falcons addressing their own free agents, prepping for the draft. http://shar.es/jQmcg
    How much longer do we have to wait until someone reports about the obligatory 'Mystery Team' involved?

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    How much longer do we have to wait until someone reports about the obligatory 'Mystery Team' involved?
    That's the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You can't compare

An additional team for playoffs started in 1991.

Congrats on the opportunity for the additional games....lol
    How many FA's did the 49ers lose during their run and how well did they manage the salary cap?

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Sense the "Revis to be traded" sources are Revis and his agents. Agent playbook working here.

Right now, ALL the pressure is on the Jets relative to Revis.
    They have a damaged goods product who when healthy is great. If not 100% is eh.
    The closer the situation gets to the draft the price in picks for Revis will go down. Why? He will still be unproven healthwise BUT his attitude for a contract will remain the same.
    The Jets need a salary dump NOW. To do that they will have to settle for picks worth eh. Maybe low 1 (#25 plus) and low 3 (#85 plus).
    It's all about salary. What if he never regains form - then the Jets are totally screwed. Keep his salary and get no/poor picks in the future. Or he walks next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not against the Jets trading Revis. But I would be remiss in not mentioning the guy that is supposed to be the driving force behind this decision, Woody, is obsessed about claiming the back page for his team. Keep that in mind when reading all this stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Sense the "Revis to be traded" sources are Revis and his agents. Agent playbook working here.
    Yeah, like I said, Revis and his agents want this to be done.

No way he's playing this season without a new deal.

If you believe the narrative, the Jets drafted Revis to combat Randy. The Pats ultimately dumped Randy and drafted Gronknandez to combat Revis. The result has been 4-0 since the playoff game and over 30 PPG for the Pats. So, with or without Revis that's where things currently stand.

How many FA's did the 49ers lose during their run and how well did they manage the salary cap?
    Wtf are you talking about. This has nothing to do with your statement about success over a ten year period. Last I checked, 4 rings trumps 3. The 49ers and Steelers have both had that type of success in a 10 year period. The Pats haven't. Now get out of this thread.

You used to be bearable in '05 when you brought facts to the table, and when your team just kept winning. Now you're just a ****ing blowhard who can't stomach the pats not winning recently, so you make **** up to get attention.

Take the hint when longtime posters who you've had good, respectful debates with in the past can't stand your ****ing bull**** any longer. it's not fans that can't handle trolling. I can handle it, and I've never had any issues with any of you. But it's getting to the point where you're doing it for your attention needs, and threads suffer because it all turns into a childish back and forth between you and all the newbs on the board.

Getting back to topic, Rings are more important than playoff wins. You would have said the same thing back when you actually conversed football instead of becoming an attention whore. The pats success is admirable, but if you're looking for someone to lick your ass and tell you how great your team is, get off a jets ****ing message board and do it somewhere else. Cuz there have been two teams with more success over a ten year period than your patriots.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

I love the JEts position in this

If he wants a new deal, he'll have to accept less....if he doesn't like the new deal, he'll have to play out his old deal....he already knows how risky that is especially now after that injury....another injury, and Revis is damaged goods

If the Jets offer him a strong deal, he'll have no choice but accept....can't chance going into the season without another deal

+1
    The reality here is that the Jets hold the cards for now. Not buying that there will be no market if the Jets don't pull the trigger next week. I also don't see this going down before the draft. My sense is the best window for a trade is before the mid-season trading deadline. That way Revis needs to prove that he is back to himself. And either he signs with the Jets or they move him. At that point in the season, they will have paid a significant proportion of his 2013 salary, so the cap hit in 2013 for the team taking him would be small, but they would sign him to an extension that would pay out over the next few years. Also, it's likely that teams will start to have injuries and those who are desperate for the SB, will be lining up to acquire Revis with the more desirable 2014 picks on the line (if he is back to himself). Revis has no leverage here; if he doesn't show, the Jets get a 3-yr extension for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    +1
    The reality here is that the Jets hold the cards for now. Not buying that there will be no market if the Jets don't pull the trigger next week. I also don't see this going down before the draft. My sense is the best window for a trade is before the mid-season trading deadline. That way Revis needs to prove that he is back to himself. And either he signs with the Jets or they move him. At that point in the season, they will have paid a significant proportion of his 2013 salary, so the cap hit in 2013 for the team taking him would be small, but they would sign him to an extension that would pay out over the next few years. Also, it's likely that teams will start to have injuries and those who are desperate for the SB, will be lining up to acquire Revis with the more desirable 2014 picks on the line (if he is back to himself). Revis has no leverage here; if he doesn't show, the Jets get a 3-yr extension for cheap.
    Great post. The Jets do have the leverage here, even though many don't believe it. Most importantly, Revis' agents know it too....no coincidence that all this talk starting to hit a fever pitch again. Hope Idzik lets this guy twist in the wind for awhile; after all, as Revis has said in the past, it's just "business."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Are you sure about that??

49ers 80-89 9 playoff wins and 4 sb titles

90-99 8 playoff wins and 1 sb title
    He just makes sh1t up, thinks it makes him relevant when he pumps up the Pats accomplishments

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Wtf are you talking about.

if you're looking for someone to lick your ass and tell you how great your team is, get off a jets ****ing message board and do it somewhere else. Cuz there have been two teams with more success over a ten year period than your patriots.
    Well said....time for a change here, just like the Jets

Pats fans are more concerned about the Bills and Phins.

You never worry about the worst team in the division.
    Bills stink. Jets stink, but Bills stink worse. Seriously. Buddy Nix is TERRIBLE. Idzik might be awful, but Nix is on the short list of worst GMs in all of sports.

What kind of an idiot gives a career 3rd string QB a large deal (24 million guaranteed) after he has 6 good games?

Buddy Nix.

Who the hires Doug Morrone outta SYRACUSE?

Buddy Nix.

Good freakin game.....lol.

And we match up better automatically unless they come to terms with Welker.

I think the Pats let their window shut when they didn't lock up Dwayne Bowe to finish his career with Brady.

The last time Brady has a wideout with the physical tools that Bowe has Brady slaughtered every record.

Edelman is gone. Lloyd is gone. Pats only look really strong due to Brady and the weakness of the rest of the division. You take away Brady, that roster is not much unless you believe the Mallett hype, which only Pats fans do. Belichick, at this point, can't be looked at as some savior since their defense stinks every year now.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Great post. The Jets do have the leverage here, even though many don't believe it. Most importantly, Revis' agents know it too....no coincidence that all this talk starting to hit a fever pitch again. Hope Idzik lets this guy twist in the wind for awhile; after all, as Revis has said in the past, it's just "business."
    Let him twist as long as we get at least a 1 and a 2 and if they are high picks, we get 1, 2, and 3 or 1, 2 and player with lower picks. He's worth it to a team that can win now. They're gonna have to pay us. And he's gonna have to relax, as he's played us 2 times with his BS on holding out.

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    So many Revis stories - where they aren't coming from #nyj http://bit.ly/YY6LQW