Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Bills stink. Jets stink, but Bills stink worse. Seriously. Buddy Nix is TERRIBLE. Idzik might be awful, but Nix is on the short list of worst GMs in all of sports.

What kind of an idiot gives a career 3rd string QB a large deal (24 million guaranteed) after he has 6 good games?

Buddy Nix.

Who the hires Doug Morrone outta SYRACUSE?

Buddy Nix.

Good freakin game.....lol.

And we match up better automatically unless they come to terms with Welker.

I think the Pats let their window shut when they didn't lock up Dwayne Bowe to finish his career with Brady.

The last time Brady has a wideout with the physical tools that Bowe has Brady slaughtered every record.

Edelman is gone. Lloyd is gone.
    Pats only look really strong due to Brady and the weakness of the rest of the division. You take away Brady, that roster is not much unless you believe the Mallett hype, which only Pats fans do. Belichick, at this point, can't be looked at as some savior since their defense stinks every year now.
    LOL. You should go and tell Belichick he just totally screwed up his legacy by not overpaying Dwayne "40 drops since 2008, most in the NFL" Bowe. A little birdie told me the Pats' window closed like 5 years ago, and keeps chirping it every year, yet there they are, winning 12+ games like clockwork and competing for a title.

And there is no Mallett hype, no one thinks he's a successor and most Pats fans would love for a sucker team to take a 3rd for him.

Just a terrible post all around, misinformed and just awful in general. Try again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can the Jets play hard ball if he goes into the season with us and let him play and then PUP him after the trade deadline? His FA price would be effed up. Evil but alls good in love and war

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    yes because there is such truth in the statement "Revis will run a 4.8"

And patman knows this how?
    No, but what I is that he said that he plans to be ready in August. Not in April. And if you think these guys run a 4.45 the first week they start running your nuts.

And the 2013 money to extend him is irrelevant! All a team has to do is extend the last three years on his contract, and change the money received during those years and a guaranteeing him a bonus in march of 2014. his Salary is 3 mill and he has 2 more mill in reporting bonuses. (I am assuming 1st day of camp and the start of the season) Most teams enter the year with that much space and to clear 5 mill is not an issues in the majority of cases.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Can the Jets play hard ball if he goes into the season with us and let him play and then PUP him after the trade deadline? His FA price would be effed up. Evil but alls good in love and war
    No...PUP can't be used once you practice for 1 minute...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've reached a new low as a reporter when you're now going to Snooki for your Jets scoops

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Revis is working out in Arizona, where his trainers send weekly medical updates to the Jets' medical personnel. The reports include everything from range-of-motion to overall strength. Barring a setback, he'll be ready for training camp in late July.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...medium=twitter

Any interested team will get these reports from the Jets...Those teams medical staffs, unlike the "medical experts" that post on JI, can, based on the reports and other cases/experiences similar to Revis, make a pretty good determination of his recovery.
    No they will not get any medical reports from anyone but Revis. There is a federal law preventing that. Your employer can not release any medical information on you to anyone. The NFL is not his employer the the jets are.
    The bengals were sued 3 or 4 years ago by a player who the bengals wanted to trade.

Yes, I said august because I though TC opened the first week in August, and that is what Revis said his goal was to Andrea Kramer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    LOL. You should go and tell Belichick he just totally screwed up his legacy by not overpaying Dwayne "40 drops since 2008, most in the NFL" Bowe. A little birdie told me the Pats' window closed like 5 years ago, and keeps chirping it every year, yet there they are, winning 12+ games like clockwork and competing for a title.

And there is no Mallett hype, no one thinks he's a successor and most Pats fans would love for a sucker team to take a 3rd for him.

Just a terrible post all around, misinformed and just awful in general. Try again.
    40 "drops?"

You realize how awful his QB has been the entire time? Are you stupid or what? This is why you guys don't win anything. You simply go to the playoffs and lose over and over.

It's like the people who think Rex is some great coach because he took a team to the AFC Championship twice.

It's loserball.

Your head coach hasn't won squat in YEARS.

Furthermore, you let Randy Moss leave and/or shipped him out when obviously he and Brady were the best combination since Rice and Montana/Young.

You want to talk about delusional? Only Gronk comes close to matching Bowe's talent levels.

Your window is dead with Brady's retirement in the next 3-5 years. He hasn't had a receiver with a true skillset since Moss. Now you can tell me how awesome Welker is.

Guess what?

Welker's not that good. He's an inside route runner and that's about it. Your GM and head coach haven't re-armed since 2007. And as such you suffer.

By the way, Belichick's legacy doesn't extend South of Foxboro. Everybody not a Pats fan thinks he's a cheater. His continual losing since being called out fulfills the burden of proof.

Belichick is the same exact guy he was in Cleveland. He stepped in **** when Mo Lewis killed Bledsoe. It's that simple.

Then he was allowed to cheat and record whatever he wanted because Kraft had his donut smile firmly in place around Goodell's schlong.

Why don't you head onto your Pats message board with the rest of the people happy not winning Super Bowls and take all the Jets fans who think getting to a conference Championship means a damned thing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    How do you define "pennies"?

I'm being serious. Because if you think the Jets aren't getting high picks (1st and/or 2nd day under new draft schedule), then you're smoking crack.

This won't be a Hershell Walker/Ricky Williams scenario, but the Jets would get a good draft haul for Revis, even with him still rehabbing the injury.

Again, there is no way Revis plays for anyone without a new deal so he and his agents will also be working on getting this done.
    I think the high end for revis will be a early 2nd rd pick this year and a conditional pick next year if he re-signs that could be as high as a 1 depending on his play and what it took $$$ to resign him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    +1
    . My sense is the best window for a trade is before the mid-season trading deadline. That way Revis needs to prove that he is back to himself. And either he signs with the Jets or they move him. At that point in the season, they will have paid a significant proportion of his 2013 salary, so the cap hit in 2013 for the team taking him would be small, but they would sign him to an extension that would pay out over the next few years. Also, it's likely that teams will start to have injuries and those who are desperate for the SB, will be lining up to acquire Revis with the more desirable 2014 picks on the line (if he is back to himself). Revis has no leverage here; if he doesn't show, the Jets get a 3-yr extension for cheap.
    The biggest problem with your scenario is that if Revis is healthy and playing up to form by mid season, what team is going to fork over a boatload of draft picks for a 1/2 season rental?

Revis, if healthy, is not going to forgo a chance to hit the FA market with half a season left unless a team is willing to make him the highest paid defensive player in the game.

Maybe it happens.. but unless it does, I would have to think that Revis' value goes down. When was the last time a team traded a first round pick for a rental player?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the problem--Revis can hold out without actually holding out. He can do so by faking an injury and sitting out practice. Remember, he actually did that before.

Revis will pass his physical and go through the walkthrough or whatever so he won't have to be on the PUP list. Then he'll claim his knee is sore and then be on the stationary bike for all of August if necessary.

This is how Revis operates. This is what he's done in the past and it's reasonable he'll do it again. Everything he does is in order to get a new contract. He'll get it from the Jets or a new team.

Philly, good post, but I disagree that the trade waits until the season. Big trades don't happen in the NFL unlike the other sports. Revis will be gone by draft day because the Jets, in rebuilding mode, want two drafts worth of picks. If they wait till the season, they'll only get 1 draft worth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did the Vikings do to Harvin? I'm asking cause this could be a EFF you from the Jets to DR and his agents

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No they will not get any medical reports from anyone but Revis. There is a federal law preventing that. Your employer can not release any medical information on you to anyone. The NFL is not his employer the the jets are.
    The bengals were sued 3 or 4 years ago by a player who the bengals wanted to trade.

Yes, I said august because I though TC opened the first week in August, and that is what Revis said his goal was to Andrea Kramer.
    Completely understand..I'm guessing that's all been taken care between the Jets, Revis, his agents, his Drs/PTs and interested teams..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, like I said, Revis and his agents want this to be done.

No way he's playing this season without a new deal.
    Here's the problem for Darrelle. If he doesn't report to camp his contract auto extends for minimum for a few years as far as I am aware.

Also, if he doesnt report to camp the Jets can arguably IR him, severly hindering his FA value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    What did the Vikings do to Harvin? I'm asking cause this could be a EFF you from the Jets to DR and his agents
    Preseason PUP

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physica...ble_to_Perform

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    GFY, POS.

WTF, Calm down- just because I posted something does not mean that it going to happen, it is just my opinion. I am not putting the evil eye or something n the trade you know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Let's face it, the path to the Super Bowl is through New England for the Jets.

How will we match up vs. the Pats if we trade Revis?
    I do not believe nearly as well as we were in that 2010 playoff game. At that time, we had a higher defense altogether and that plays a part but when you break things down I cannot see this working out well for the Jets.

I believe the DL is actually better now than it was in 2010. However, the LB corp and the secondary was better in 2010. We likely will not be able to resign LaRon Landry and that leaves a gaping hole at Safety. Everyone wants to say that we can easily trade Revis because Cro had such a great season. Well, my one question for that is, do you HONESTLY believe he can play at that level for the rest of his career, or at least the rest of his prime? He never did prior.

I don't believe it for a second.

In the 2010 playoff game, the Patsies never even went near Revis until it was desperation time in the 4th quarter. They then quickly found out that nothing was doing there also. Now, Brady will have free reign and will go after every CB that the Jets have probably to much greater success. Fans need to remember that until Brady learned his lesson and completely stayed away from Revis starting in 2011, Revis burned him with an INT in every single season prior to my knowledge?

Throw in the fact that the Jets will not have Landry leaves them with a likely younger and sh*tty secondary.

For what it's worse, I think trading Revis would be stupid. He establishes a veteran presence and is a leader. He would also always make our defense relevant even in the seasons where our defense overall isn't so good. He would also put us over the top when we had legitimate talent surrounding him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

Dwayne Bowe was the last WR to have a 100 yard receiving game against Revis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Add the Falcons to the Revis sweepstakes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely understand..I'm guessing that's all been taken care between the Jets, Revis, his agents, his Drs/PTs and interested teams..
    and I'm guessing that Revis will release his records after the deal is 90% complete, with the team being able to back out based on his medical, but Revis will not release his records without some parameters in place. he does not want to have ten teams have access to his records and have three of them say they are no longer interested in him due to his medical condition. That will scare teams and will ruin his trade value to the jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    40 "drops?"

You realize how awful his QB has been the entire time? Are you stupid or what? This is why you guys don't win anything. You simply go to the playoffs and lose over and over.

It's like the people who think Rex is some great coach because he took a team to the AFC Championship twice.

It's loserball.

Your head coach hasn't won squat in YEARS.

Furthermore, you let Randy Moss leave and/or shipped him out when obviously he and Brady were the best combination since Rice and Montana/Young.

You want to talk about delusional? Only Gronk comes close to matching Bowe's talent levels.

Your window is dead with Brady's retirement in the next 3-5 years. He hasn't had a receiver with a true skillset since Moss. Now you can tell me how awesome Welker is.

Guess what?

Welker's not that good. He's an inside route runner and that's about it. Your GM and head coach haven't re-armed since 2007. And as such you suffer.

By the way, Belichick's legacy doesn't extend South of Foxboro. Everybody not a Pats fan thinks he's a cheater. His continual losing since being called out fulfills the burden of proof.

Belichick is the same exact guy he was in Cleveland. He stepped in **** when Mo Lewis killed Bledsoe. It's that simple.

Then he was allowed to cheat and record whatever he wanted because Kraft had his donut smile firmly in place around Goodell's schlong.

Why don't you head onto your Pats message board with the rest of the people happy not winning Super Bowls and take all the Jets fans who think getting to a conference Championship means a damned thing?

Ladies and Gentlemen, a Jets fan.