Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Because you get a full year of an all pro CB on your roster and it also sends a message to other gms that you are not a push over.
    Sanchez and Holmes are both gone after next season so the Jets can give Revis a huge extension during the regular season. I know some amateur capologists will say no impossible but it can be done.

Cro is a free agent after 2014 so the whole "ya can't tie up $25 mil into two CB's" argument is bs. That would be the case for about 1 season and btw we'd have the best CB tandem in the league by far.

"a 2013 first-round pick and a 2014 conditional pick that would be a second-rounder or better"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...picks-for-jets

I dunno about that. We risk trading Revis for just 1 first round pick which would be the definition of RAPE.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Except for the reported info that Woody is the one that has directed the trade exploration and that he's tired of dealing with Revis and his agents over his contract every couple of years.

They wouldn't be cutting Revis they would be trading him.

They traded Leon.

If they do trade Revis who cares what happens to that team. The trade is to try and get the Jets better long-term.
    Better in the long run? Ha! By throwing out the baby with the bath water? The Jets continually do this. They start to build a good team, then scrap the whole thing and start over...INSTEAD of actually BUILDING upon what is good. It's crazy, and why they will continually suck. And I say this as a lifelong Jets fan. Just frustrated by this approach.

Watch, they'll trade Revis but keep Tebow. Friggin retarded.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What nonsense. The next time any team is in trade negotiations with you and see you caved for a paltry 2nd rounder for revis you will receive low ball offers. It would be idioptic to trade him for a 2nd round pick. We have him under contract for a full year. I am not opposed to trading him, if we did it for a 2nd round pick I would rage.
    Ahhhh the outRAGE. gawd, I love it. I hope that Idzik gets it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    Better in the long run? Ha! By throwing out the baby with the bath water? The Jets continually do this. They start to build a good team, then scrap the whole thing and start over...INSTEAD of actually BUILDING upon what is good. It's crazy, and why they will continually suck. And I say this as a lifelong Jets fan. Just frustrated by this approach.

+1, and LOL on your rants. You're killing me.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Most of those players are QBs, which is a totally different animal.

Revis doesn't have the impact Polamalu had at his best. I'd take Troy over Revis at both of their best.

We're not any of those teams. Minnesota hasn't done anything substantial with Peterson.

SB winning teams listed above are:
    Gimme a friggin break. The Revis bashing being displayed here is absolutely INSANE. Revis is almost super humanly amazing. To say otherwise is just crazy talk by armchair quarterbacks who are as clueless as Jets management apparently. It boggles the mind. You pay Revis what he wants. The guy plays his heart out and wants to end his career in NY. You give the man what he wants and be thankful. This lack of loyalty to the best players while standing by some of the worst makes absolutely no sense. Why are we forever "building" a team? I'll tell ya why....because we get great players like Revis...and then let them go because they what? Become TOO good? Then make bone headed trades like Tebow. Now THAT is a waste of money!!!

Bewildered Beast
    1. I am starting to think keeping Revis might be the play; can we sign Landry AND a top LB?
    2. The ceiling for our offense might be at Level "Plucky", so why not keep Revis in the locker room?

whaddyatink?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    1. I am starting to think keeping Revis might be the play; can we sign Landry AND a top LB?
    2. The ceiling for our offense might be at Level "Plucky", so why not keep Revis in the locker room?

whaddyatink?
    30 million dollar secondary.. If we trade cromartie I'm for it..but not keep both.. But I think we are past that.. Johnson doesn't want to pay revis period.. He may hold a grudge for his holdouts..

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Polamalu never asked for 16mil a year. How do some of you who fawn over this guy not understand this. He is a greedy d*ck who doesn't care what team he is on or whether of not he's liked. The only thing he cares about is getting paid. HE IS TRYING TO SCREW US.

I don't give a damn if he is the best corner to step foot on the field, you don't give a friggin CB 16mil per year and cripple your entire franchise just so your fans can say "So what if were not that good? We got the best cornerback ever!!!". ESPECIALLY, if you need to improve just about every important position on offense.

Tebow fans are slowly sounding more reasonable than guys who want to pay a friggin DB the world and then some.
    And you? Wherever you worked, what ever you do or did, if you were the best, would you not try to make as much as you were worth?

Did you ever turn down an offer for more money because you were loyal to your company? Cause if you did they eventually screwed you and how do you feel about that now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Nail, meet hammer agree with all your posts in this thread

+10,000

I see no reason the Jets need to break/blow up the team and begin all over. Like everything else, you work from strength. If adding some young linebackers to our defense will make it an elite unit, then do so; the offense is a work in progress this year and beyond. Stick with Sanchez. If he doesn't get it done next year, I mean improve, cut him...a cap friendly move.

In other words, I am fine paying Revis. As I stated previously, why would the Jets breakup their best unit, secondary, and arguably the league's best, in a pass-happy league? Bring back Revis and Landry. Solidfy the defense to be an elite unit.

As for the offense, I believe with one or two key additions, and better coaching, the offense can be productive again. Yes, with Sanchez too as he has done it before. But as I said, if he doesn't get it done, cut his azz.
    Blowing it up is NOT the answer imo.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +10,000

I see no reason the Jets need to break/blow up the team and begin all over. Like everything else, you work from strength. If adding some young linebackers to our defense will make it an elite unit, then do so; the offense is a work in progress this year and beyond. Stick with Sanchez. If he doesn't get it done next year, I mean improve, cut him...a cap friendly move.

In other words, I am fine paying Revis. As I stated previously, why would the Jets breakup their best unit, secondary, and arguably the league's best, in a pass-happy league? Bring back Revis and Landry. Solidfy the defense to be an elite unit.

As for the offense, I believe with one or two key additions, and better coaching, the offense can be productive again. Yes, with Sanchez too as he has done it before. But as I said, if he doesn't get it done, cut his azz.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And you? Wherever you worked, what ever you do or did, if you were the best, would you not try to make as much as you were worth?

Did you ever turn down an offer for more money because you were loyal to your company? Cause if you did they eventually screwed you and how do you feel about that now?
    All of this would be relevant if he was worth 16mil a year. He isn't. No cornerback is. Hell if it wasn't for Al Davis f*cking that entire market up a couple years ago we might not be in the position we are in today. This is absolutely ridiculous to even talk about. If you think giving a cornerback 16 million dollars per year when you don't have any offensive players to speak of is the right way to rebuild then I don't really know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He's a DB who wants QB money. He's not getting it, and more importantly, he's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    "a 2013 first-round pick and a 2014 conditional pick that would be a second-rounder or better"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...picks-for-jets

I dunno about that. We risk trading Revis for just 1 first round pick which would be the definition of RAPE.
    And that 1st round pick is essentially a second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +10,000

Paying a DB QB money is not the answer in this day and age. Period.

All of this would be relevant if he was worth 16mil a year. He isn't. No cornerback is. Hell if it wasn't for Al Davis f*cking that entire market up a couple years ago we might not be in the position we are in today. This is absolutely ridiculous to even talk about. If you think giving a cornerback 16 million dollars per year when you don't have any offensive players to speak of is the right way to rebuild then I don't really know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He's a DB who wants QB money. He's not getting it, and more importantly, he's not worth it.
    + 1 million

Gimme a friggin break. The Revis bashing being displayed here is absolutely INSANE. Revis is almost super humanly amazing. To say otherwise is just crazy talk by armchair quarterbacks who are as clueless as Jets management apparently. It boggles the mind. You pay Revis what he wants. The guy plays his heart out and wants to end his career in NY. You give the man what he wants and be thankful. This lack of loyalty to the best players while standing by some of the worst makes absolutely no sense. Why are we forever "building" a team? I'll tell ya why....because we get great players like Revis...and then let them go because they what? Become TOO good? Then make bone headed trades like Tebow. Now THAT is a waste of money!!!
    I'm sorry, I didn't mention Tebow at all.

Let me ask you. If Revis played last season, how many more games would the Jets have won?

Is that worth 16 Million per year?

You mention lack of loyalty. My loyalty is to the team, not a mercenary who holds the team hostage every couple of years, trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible. Blind loyalty to one player is wrong.

Last time he held out the Jets were restructuring contracts to fit him under the cap. I'm sure he cared about their well being.

Loyalty? He cares not if he disrupts anyone else's life, as long as he gets his money.

We are not a forever building team. We had a 2 year window to do something, and we didn't. We had opportunities, and Revis didn't put us over the top then, did he? And that was when he had his all world season.

I love Revis as well. As a player. But as a professional, as a teammate, and as an X factor on the team, he's negative, negative and negative. If he resigns, great, but it is going to limit every other position.
    Last edited by John_0515; 03-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.

He's worth what someone will pay, not what the "people" decided. Welcome to the USA.

Veteran

Can't trade Revis- resign and trade next year

No team in their right mind will give us what we want in trade compensation for Revis until they can see with their eyes that he is not damaged goods that will flame out.

Also, for the contract he will want, again they will want to see him back at his previous level of play.

I think we will have to resign him this year so as to prevent him from walking next year and receiving nothing in compensation.

To that end, we will need to craft a trade friendly deal that he would accept- maybe throw in the caveat that he could have some say as to where he is going with the exception of an Afc east team. Also make sure it heavily incentive laden based on performance with a lot of benchmarks to allow extra $$- this way it is to his benefit to perform to his max.

If all goes well he gets traded and we get lots of picks, or he decides to stay in which case we have a premier cb.

On the chance he falls apart - no harm no foul, by redoing his contract as a heavily incentive laden deal, if he flames out, we trade him next year for what we can and we get cap space to add new players.

What is the opinion of what I laid out????

Jets Insider VIP
    Time to get some draft picks and say good bye to Me Me, Unca Sean, the Schwartz Bros ambulance chasers and the rest of the entourage. No way he resigns with the Jets for next season with him and his greedy crowd slobbering at the trough of free agency. We either get a late first and a third this year and a first next year for him or a maybe compensatory fourth round pick next year if we are lucky

And the bonus of being able to kick Unca Sean's fat butt out the door is almost worth a draft pick in itself