Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 542

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

  1. #481
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    MSGold from the addicts board posted his Revis plan..

    New 15 mil signning bonus

    2013 Base: the original 6 mil plus his bonuses that takes it to 9 mil
    2014 Base: 11 mil
    2015 Base: 10 mil
    2016 Base: 8 mil
    2017 Base: 6 mil

    Thats 59 mil over 5 years. 11.8 mil per year average. But ALL guaranteed for injury...ALL of it, so he WILL collect all of it no matter what. And the first 3 years (with the signing bonus pay) average 15 mil per so he can be happy psycologically. The decreasing bases protect us in the event of decline in play or career injury. AND I add back the "hold out clause" that "unguarantee" his bases for 2016 and 2017 to protect us from a typical revis "hold out" when his base salaries drop towards the end of the deal.

    I really think Revis would take a deal like this.

    If the Jets tell him he's not going to be traded, and that he either takes the deal or play out the last year of deal, I think he'd take it.

    Yes, it's risky for the Jets to let him walk after the '13 season, but it's also very risky for him too.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post

    I'm open to doing whatever benefits the Jets the most and costs them the least. If trading Revis for multiple early picks or signing him to a reasonable deal long term is the solution so be it. As long as it's a value decision and not and knee jerk reaction from a new GM.
    If Idzik is acting how he's been described as his whole career, we can be almost positive he's acting in a very measured and calculated manner. I'm sure he has a ballpark of what Revis's camp is asking for. It's apparent that Revis doesn't want to just be the highest paid corner in the game; he wants to be one of the highest players in the game.

    It's pretty simple: If you think Revis is 50% better than the next corner in the game (whether it be Champ, Sherman, Webb, Flowers, you name it), then he's worth the $15-16 million he's asking for. I personally don't.

    And no matter what clowns like Mehta say ("He's your best player. You have to keep your best player!!! [/whitenoise]"), you have to view things in terms of economic feasibility and how it affects your overall team salary structure. Even if the Jets were in a healthy financial state (which they aren't, but it's not nearly as bad as say the Cowboys or Saints), you are still really hamstringing your team if you pay a non-QB as if he is a top paid QB. That, to me, is the real knee-jerk reaction.
    Last edited by Rexipus Rex; 03-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.

  3. #483
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I really think Revis would take a deal like this.

    If the Jets tell him he's not going to be traded, and that he either takes the deal or play out the last year of deal, I think he'd take it.

    Yes, it's risky for the Jets to let him walk after the '13 season, but it's also very risky for him too.
    Based on what? Revis past history, or the way he talks everyday about how great he is?

  4. #484
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    If Idzik is acting how he's been described as his whole career, we can be almost positive he's acting in a very measured and calculated manner. I'm sure he has a ballpark of what Revis's camp is asking for. It's apparent that Revis doesn't want to just be the highest paid corner in the game; he wants to be one of the highest players in the game.

    It's pretty simple: If you think Revis is 50% better than the next corner in the game (whether it be Champ, Sherman, Webb, Flowers, you name it), then he's worth the $15-16 million he's asking for. I personally don't.

    And no matter what clowns like Mehta say ("He's your best player. You have to keep your best player!!! [/whitenoise]"), you have to view things in terms of economic feasibility and how it affects your overall team salary structure. Even if the Jets were in a healthy financial state (which they aren't, but it's not nearly as bad as say the Cowboys or Saints), you are still really hamstringing your team if you pay a non-QB as if he is a top paid QB. That, to me, is the real knee-jerk reaction.
    He is 50% better than the next CB, and he is worth 15mil per year, unfortunately there is a salary cap, and he plays a position that puts him the farthest away from the ball. With a salary cap you need to put your money into players closest to the ball that can impact every play. QB is by far the most important position. So then the next most important becomes pass rusher to stop the other teams QB, and LT to stop the other teams pass rusher. A CB can only cover one man. Sorry Revis but you can't make the money you deserve because you play the wrong position. Maybe we can hold an annual telethon for him to make up the difference. It's a very sad situation.

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He is 50% better than the next CB, and he is worth 15mil per year, unfortunately there is a salary cap, and he plays a position that puts him the farthest away from the ball. With a salary cap you need to put your money into players closest to the ball that can impact every play. QB is by far the most important position. So then the next most important becomes pass rusher to stop the other teams QB, and LT to stop the other teams pass rusher. A CB can only cover one man. Sorry Revis but you can't make the money you deserve because you play the wrong position. Maybe we can hold an annual telethon for him to make up the difference. It's a very sad situation.
    Agreed, and that's the other angle you have to look at in regards to Revis. I'd gladly pay Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware, etc. $15 million a year, but I'm simply not paying a CB $15 million a year, not matter how freakin' good he is.

    Is he 50% better than the next CB? Perhaps.

    Are his salary demands on par with the value of his position? Definitely not.

  6. #486
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Based on what? Revis past history, or the way he talks everyday about how great he is?
    Yes, you are right. But he doesn't have the leverage that he had three years ago. He's coming off an injury, and he has a lousy $6mil (for him, but i'd live with it) coming to him in '13. IF HE GETS HURT AGAIN, he will never see that kind of money again.

    The Jets, if they play it right, can create a scenario where his choice is to take it now, or possibly never see it.

  7. #487
    @MMehtaNYDN: 49ers Pro Bowler Aldon Smith on Darrelle @Revis24 (via @NFLNetwork): "Im not sure where hes going, but wed love to have him." #nyj

  8. #488
    @FootballPost: 49ers tender restricted free agent CB Tramaine Brock: Club has not made a move with S Darcel McBath http://t.co/h6hImB0pME

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: 49ers Pro Bowler Aldon Smith on Darrelle @Revis24 (via @NFLNetwork): "Im not sure where hes going, but wed love to have him." #nyj
    He loves reporting this crap.

  10. #490
    @MMehtaNYDN: Darrelle Revis tells Andrea Kremer on @NFLNetwork that's he's on pace to run outside in 4-6 weeks. #nyj

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Darrelle Revis tells Andrea Kremer on @NFLNetwork that's he's on pace to run outside in 4-6 weeks. #nyj
    Very good progress

  12. #492
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I really think Revis would take a deal like this.

    If the Jets tell him he's not going to be traded, and that he either takes the deal or play out the last year of deal, I think he'd take it.

    Yes, it's risky for the Jets to let him walk after the '13 season, but it's also very risky for him too.
    Revis would take it for the first 2 years, then the ever so redundant hold out would begin. Its like clockwork with him, and the evidence is in his past 2 holdouts.

    Dont feed the greed, especially when there is no way to make a SB run with this group of QB's.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I really think Revis would take a deal like this.

    If the Jets tell him he's not going to be traded, and that he either takes the deal or play out the last year of deal, I think he'd take it.

    Yes, it's risky for the Jets to let him walk after the '13 season, but it's also very risky for him too.
    lol NO WAY he takes that deal.. if he did he would have been already signed.. Even if not to keep, jets would sign him to that in a heart beat and then trade him when they could showcase revis after a few NFL games coming off ACL..

    He knows if he stays with the Jets hes 16 games away from a huge payday, yes no need to worry about risking injury in 1-4 more playoffs games with jets.. He will get close to what he wants then when, when a lot more teams are interested in him.. Some now dont want to touch him until they see him play some games after ACL injury.. Others dont want to pay the picks..

    Maybe he takes 14 mil per now, not bellow 12. This is Revis we are talking about..

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Revis would take it for the first 2 years, then the ever so redundant hold out would begin. Its like clockwork with him, and the evidence is in his past 2 holdouts.

    Dont feed the greed, especially when there is no way to make a SB run with this group of QB's.
    +1

    Who believes that this won't happen?

  15. #495
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @alexmarvez Brandon Moore says he's had "surprisingly" little contact with #NYJ about re-signing. Interested in signing with SB contender

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @alexmarvez Brandon Moore says he's had "surprisingly" little contact with #NYJ about re-signing. Interested in signing with SB contender
    Does his arse still have Sanchez marks in it?

  17. #497
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    His deal voided into a 4 year deal based on playing time incentives, then it had "buy-back" options for year 5 and 6. That didn't matter because Revis and his agents knew that they'd be talking about a new contract before year 5-6 came about.
    And camp Revis would have accepted the standard #14 slot money which at the time was around 15 million over 4 years. Plus he would have been in camp on time to boot. Instead we tried to get cute and ended up inking him to $35 million over 6 and then only getting 3 as I recall before he started to feel disrespected. That whole thing was a self inflicted Tannenbaum mess and was completely different from the 2nd holdout which was all on Revis.

  18. #498
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    And camp Revis would have accepted the standard #14 slot money which at the time was around 15 million over 4 years. Plus he would have been in camp on time to boot. Instead we tried to get cute and ended up inking him to $35 million over 6 and then only getting 3 as I recall before he started to feel disrespected. That whole thing was a self inflicted Tannenbaum mess and was completely different from the 2nd holdout which was all on Revis.
    **** his feelings.

    I agree you cant crap completely on a salary offer, but come on Eugene, 35 over 6 for a rookie? How dare us.

    Mevi is lucky he came out a few years before the rookie cap. Hes a money whore, which is fine and understandable, but also completely disgustable to us Jets peeps.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    **** his feelings.

    I agree you cant crap completely on a salary offer, but come on Eugene, 35 over 6 for a rookie? How dare us.

    Mevi is lucky he came out a few years before the rookie cap. Hes a money whore, which is fine and understandable, but also completely disgustable to us Jets peeps.
    +1

    I love the kid's talent. But he's putting himself above the team. Those types of players never win.

  20. #500
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    +1

    I love the kid's talent. But he's putting himself above the team. Those types of players never win.
    Unless they sign with a future SB contender.

    No, seriously, after i heard that live quote from Revis regarding the 49ers and how "great and special it would be"......i mean seriously?

    You and your money loving, WR shutting down ways are dead to me darrellle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us