Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 542

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

  1. #521
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Bryce Brown and the Eagles 2nd and 3rd round Picks in 2013.
    If that went down I'd put a gun to my head. Ew.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 03-11-2013 at 07:59 PM.

  2. #522
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arent the vikings a perfect fit for revis now?

    they just got a boatload of picks for percy harvin. Can take that package and send it the jets way for revis. They have the 23rd and 25th pick in the draft

    They play in a division with Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, 2 of the premier WR's in the game. Not to mention Aaron Rodger's passing attack is pretty darn good too.

    They just rehabbed a player back from ACL surgery and it was probably the most successful case every done. If anyone can get Revis back to full strength in would be this medical staff.

    So Whats the hold up?

  3. #523
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VilmaMLB51 View Post
    Arent the vikings a perfect fit for revis now?

    they just got a boatload of picks for percy harvin. Can take that package and send it the jets way for revis. They have the 23rd and 25th pick in the draft

    They play in a division with Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, 2 of the premier WR's in the game. Not to mention Aaron Rodger's passing attack is pretty darn good too.

    They just rehabbed a player back from ACL surgery and it was probably the most successful case every done. If anyone can get Revis back to full strength in would be this medical staff.

    So Whats the hold up?
    I'll tell you which Superbowl contender is a perfect fit for Revis now.

    The 49ers.

    Their main competition is in their division, and just upped their offense significantly.

    Good luck defending Harvin/Tate/Rice and then Lynch coming out of the backfield. I hope they trade up for Ertz or Eiffert or someone, and then San Fran is in trouble.

    San Fran acquired Boldin, who is a possession receiver - not as explosive as Harvin. Crabtree, Davis, Boldin. Seattle has a strong secondary, does San Fran?

  4. #524
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    @jetswhispers: A team that has to have interest in Revis http://t.co/IjiwY9qCln

  5. #525
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Wrote a while back about Revis to the Bucs making a lot of sense. Still believe that's a very strong potential landing spot for him

  6. #526
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Wrote a while back about Revis to the Bucs making a lot of sense. Still believe that's a very strong potential landing spot for him
    From a few days ago

    @JasonLaCanfora: Teams I'd look at as possible suitors for Revis would include SF, WSH (need cap room), TB, IND, DET (must redo Stafford) ...

  7. #527
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like

    Woody Negotiating Revis Deal

    To me if this is true we will be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him. It always seems once Woody Johnson touches something related to the Jets bad things happen. Lets hope he is not that involved and the football people are taking care of the negotiations.

  8. #528
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RapSheet: From Total Access: According to someone who spoke to #Jets CB Darrelle Revis recently, he's "not optimistic" a deal with #Bucs gets done.

    @RapSheet: Not that Darrelle Revis wants to leave #Jets. He's been clear he'd like to stay. But his best chance of a new $$$ is with #Bucs. #Staytuned

  9. #529
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RapSheet: From Total Access: According to someone who spoke to #Jets CB Darrelle Revis recently, he's "not optimistic" a deal with #Bucs gets done.

    @RapSheet: Not that Darrelle Revis wants to leave #Jets. He's been clear he'd like to stay. But his best chance of a new $$$ is with #Bucs. #Staytuned
    Idzik played this Revis situation perfectly. Perfect time for him to offer him a fair deal... maybe a 5 year, 55 mil deal.

  10. #530
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Idzik played this Revis situation perfectly. Perfect time for him to offer him a fair deal... maybe a 5 year, 55 mil deal.
    Or not.. If the bucs don't give revis what he wants he's not going to agree to trade.. Now that his knee is feeling better revis may be getting more revisconfident, he may decide its better to play the year out reprove himself and cash in next yr..

  11. #531
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Or not.. If the bucs don't give revis what he wants he's not going to agree to trade.. Now that his knee is feeling better revis may be getting more revisconfident, he may decide its better to play the year out reprove himself and cash in next yr..
    That's exactly what I'm worried about... It would be a typical Revis move

  12. #532
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    That's exactly what I'm worried about... It would be a typical Revis move
    Jets could still move him at the trading deadline

  13. #533
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RapSheet: From Total Access: According to someone who spoke to #Jets CB Darrelle Revis recently, he's "not optimistic" a deal with #Bucs gets done.

    This basically means nothing.

  14. #534
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jets could still move him at the trading deadline
    But for what?

  15. #535
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Idzik played this Revis situation perfectly. Perfect time for him to offer him a fair deal... maybe a 5 year, 55 mil deal.
    Stop

  16. #536
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This basically means nothing.
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be optimistic that Revis gets a deal done with anyone. I'm pretty sure the Sun's gonna come up tomorrow morning too. With Revis, even when a deal is done I still wouldn't be optimistic that it's gonna stay done.

  17. #537
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Or not.. If the bucs don't give revis what he wants he's not going to agree to trade.. Now that his knee is feeling better revis may be getting more revisconfident, he may decide its better to play the year out reprove himself and cash in next yr..
    If he is going to get 10-12 million next year, why not sign a deal for 11 million with the Jets this year and not risk another injury or coming back and looking slightly less than he has in the past. If he goes out in week 1 next year and gets burned for 100 yards and a TD, a ton of questions will start to come up and his value plummets.

    Sure he could be cocky and gamble, but the CB market this year showed that "really good" CBs get like 5-6 million. Great ones probably closer to 8-10. So if his knee situation drops him to merely "great" he stands to lose money.

    Not to mention i truly believe he likes playing in NY.

    With all that said, i would prefer to trade him for a collection of picks, but i want a first this year. I don't want the Bucs first next year which could be in the 20-30s after adding a player of Revis caliber and CB being their main weakness.

    Also, one thing i have thought of, is that we can actually afford to pay Revis 10-12 million for the next 5 years or so. Why? Normally this type of deal would kill a team's cap because they can't afford to pay Revis and an elite QB a ton of money. But we are not even close to having an elite franchise QB. Elite QBs are not coming on the market any time soon and if we happen to draft one this year or next that QB will be years away from getting a new monster deal. And by then Revis' contract will likely be over.

    I think Idzik is playing this very well and not panicking either way for the reasons I stated above. He can improve this team with a trade or with a contract extension. The only disaster scenario for Idzik is that Revis calls all the bluffs and just plays out his contract and no team wants to trade for him.

  18. #538
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    But for what?
    Picks of course.

    Revis will have proved his health by then and teams will begin to see whether they can make a run at the Super Bowl and are a piece away.

    It actually makes more sense to trade him in the season.

  19. #539
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets should offer to give revis the same deal clay Mathews is getting. If he doesn't take it just move on. I don't know if the Mathews deal is done or not yet but I heard a few days ago on nfl radio that they were close and the deal would be around 13 million per season.

  20. #540
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Idzik played this Revis situation perfectly. Perfect time for him to offer him a fair deal... maybe a 5 year, 55 mil deal.
    Considering what CB's are going for recently, a 'fair' deal for Revis would be 5/$40 with say $20 guaranteed. There isn't another CB in the league that is sniffing $11 mill per.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us