Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    True, but I don't believe the Saints would give a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for a guy they can only keep for one season.

Revis for one season is a steal, I believe he will cost another team only $6M against the cap, but they will have to pay $13-$15M to keep him after that.
    Well, to play devil's advocate -

The Saints pick this year (15) is a middling pick in a middling draft. If they assume they are going to play much better next season - really make a go for a SB - then they have to think their (late) 2nd rounder next season isn't all that great of a pick. I could easily see those two picks being worth Revis even as a rent-a-player.

Too, if they let Revis go - they are in even more of a bad cap year in 2014/15. Likely they may be rebuilding, not signing FA - and they can end up with a 3rd/4th round comp pick for Revis walking. So - there - that's the third pick in this basket.

I don't trust it a bit, but three picks for Revis as a rental still makes sense for the peculiarities (and specifics) of the Saints situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    REVIS

for-

BREES, GRAHAM
    No way. Revis is the best player at his position. Brees is no higher than 4th best at his. Revis is a once in a lifetime HOFer and and he can lock down 1 receiver.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread ........................................

needs more.............................................. .....

............................. bongo

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis Talking 49ers

RichCimini: Revis, asked about playing for 49ers, said: "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy. Would it be awesome? Yeah.." cont

Get this guy out of here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see nothing wrong with this comment whatsoever ...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe because hes still under contract with the jets?

what other player in the NFL who's under contract with a team talks about winning a championship with someone else?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He wants out and this is just his way of trying to help it along.

Helps the Jets FO deal the best player we've had in 45 years, if not ever. Fans turn on him and then dealing him is good for everyone.

24=dickbag

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

At this point....I really don't care if he goes or stays I just want to get on with restocking our roster with young talent......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is a great player.

That being said, Revis is in a difficult spot in terms of getting paid what he wants.

I love Revis, but he's not going to get what he wants here.

Getting a huge contract >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Championship

That's the truth.

And yes, you shouldn't talk about winning a contract with another team while under contract. You sound like a class 5 free floating vapor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    RichCimini: Revis, asked about playing for 49ers, said: "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy. Would it be awesome? Yeah.." cont

love revis but what do you expect him to say. no they suck i dont want to play there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    No way. Revis is the best player at his position. Brees is no higher than 4th best at his. Revis is a once in a lifetime HOFer and and he can lock down 1 receiver.
    You are on crack ...

Brees is an Elite QB and thus >>>>>>>>>>> Revis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

what other player in the NFL who's under contract with a team talks about winning a championship with someone else?
    Jets are a laughing stock ... 49ers seems to be starting a long run at the top ... He just speaking his mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, but think of Jets Nation having to go through this!!!! Like he always claims that is his main concern, 'BY FAR', when he's not 'speechless by far' that is

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    love revis but what do you expect him to say. no they suck i dont want to play there.
    he could say what just about anyone else would say.

Something along the lines of "Right now im a New York Jet and im not really thinking about playing anywhere else"

Even if he truthfully wants out thats a no brainer.

Ive honestly never heard of a player under contract talking about winning a championship with a different team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Something along the lines of "Right now im a New York Jet and im not really thinking about playing anywhere else"

Ive honestly never heard of a player under contract talking about winning a championship with a different team.
    I've never seen a circus like the Jets before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

@RichCimini: New comments from Revis. He tells Sea FB Michael Robinson (Real Rob Report), "(Trade rumors) definitely hit home, especially.." cont #Jets

@RichCimini: Revis, cont "...being one of the best players out there and come to find out you're being shopped. Yeah, it really hits home." #jets

@RichCimini: Revis, asked about playing for 49ers, said: "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy. Would it be awesome? Yeah.." cont

@RichCimini: Revis, cont: "My main goal is to hold Lombardi trophy in the air and get that ring. They're definitely a contender." Saga continues. #Jets
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-04-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

RichCimini: Revis, asked about playing for 49ers, said: "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy. Would it be awesome? Yeah.."

so he should have said no i suck i would hurt the team and i dont want to win that trophy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Revis, cont: "My main goal is to hold Lombardi trophy in the air and get that ring. They're definitely a contender." Saga continues. #Jets
    the jets organization and mike tannenbaum created this mess now everyone blames revis. come on guys.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've never seen a circus like the Jets before.
    And revis is only adding to it.

He says he supposedly understands its a business, yet hes failing to act like a professional.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets organization and mike tannenbaum created this mess now everyone blames revis. come on guys.
    I'm pretty sure these quotes are from Revis. He's creating this 'mess'.