Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the jets organization and mike tannenbaum created this mess now everyone blames revis. come on guys.
    our best player on the team is talking about winning a championship with another team.

excuse me for letting that bother me.

Jets Insider VIP
    the jets organization and mike tannenbaum created this mess now everyone blames revis. come on guys.
    How? By extending him generously when he was still under contract? How do you come up with this stuff?

RichCimini: Revis, asked about playing for 49ers, said: "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy. Would it be awesome? Yeah.."

so he should have said no i suck i would hurt the team and i dont want to win that trophy.
    Geez. How more short-sighted a post can you get on here?

You just posted the opposite of what Revis said to be sarcastic! But obviously he shouldn't have said anything along the lines of what he did say in the first place! He should have just said "no comment."

Hall Of Fame
    Im really beginning to think he is trying to sabotage his trade value to stick it to the Jets.

Revis can EAD and I couldn't think of a better place for him to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this comment whatsoever ...
    I do, in a big way since not more than a week ago he was complaining about not being contacted and updated yada yada yada. If he wants to be a jet and is all concerned about keeping update on his status he should zip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How? By extending him generously when he was still under contract? How do you come up with this stuff?
    he should have been locked up long term like other teams do with their star players.

start career here end it here.

it happens all the time. i dont come up with it. ray lewis played his entire career with the ravens, tom brady will play his entire career with the patriots thats where i come up with this stuff.

I think its safe to say Revis wants out and the Jets want to trade Revis as long as the offer is right.

The difference? Revis is purposely creating drama while the Jets are acting like professionals and saying all the right things.

For the first time, in a VERY long time, the Jets are handling this situation the way an Organization should. Props to Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    our best player on the team is talking about winning a championship with another team.

excuse me for letting that bother me.
    LOL - It has to bother any Jet fan. This is one tough situation. The true definition of a double edged sword. I think both the Jet FO and Revis are equally culpable. The Jet FO for not talking to their best player and Revis for opening his mouth about winning a SB with another team. That's F'ed up. The Jets are in a tough spot as they always seem to be-Trade Revis and get hammered, keep him here and he walks after this season anyway and get hammered.

I think its safe to say Revis wants out and the Jets want to trade Revis as long as the offer is right.

The difference? Revis is purposely creating drama while the Jets are acting like professionals and saying all the right things.

For the first time, in a VERY long time, the Jets are handling this situation the way an Organization should. Props to Idzik.
    acting like professionals? they shopped there best player under contract at the combine.

acting like professionals? they shopped there best player under contract at the combine.
    Well yeah, you have to be under contract to be shopped

So you think they should sit back and let him walk to whatever team he wants to?

This is a business, which Revis claimed to understand yet his actions prove otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    he should have been locked up long term like other teams do with their star players.

it happens all the time. i dont come up with it. ray lewis played his entire career with the ravens, tom brady will play his entire career with the patriots thats where i come up with this stuff.
    Should they have signed him to a 12 year deal back in 2010? How could you be this dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Should they have signed him to a 12 year deal back in 2010? How could you be this dumb?
    starting to think Nike might be Revis...

Only thing that could possibly explain his stance on this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Give me the #31 and #34 picks... and Revis, GFY!

Jets Insider VIP
    starting to think Nike might be Revis...

Only thing that could possibly explain his stance on this.
    Nothing he posts is explainable.

@RichCimini: Updated story on latest Revis interview. He comments on trade talk, possibility of playing for Niners. #Jets http://t.co/cIvvec1Iqx

With trade rumors swirling, Darrelle Revis told a web-based sports show that reports of him being shopped "really hit home." At the same time, the Jets' star cornerback fueled the speculation by commenting on what it would be like to play for the San Francisco 49ers, one of the teams that may have interest in him.

"For me, looking at their roster and their team, I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy," Revis told Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson, who hosts "The Real Rob" show on the Internet. "Would it be awesome? I mean, yeah, my main goal as a player ... is to hold that Lombardi Trophy in the air and get that ring. They're definitely a contender and will be a contender for the next couple of years."

To be clear, Revis was asked about the possibility of playing for the 49ers; he didn't bring up the topic.

Revis also was asked to comment on reports of a possible trade.

"This definitely hits home, especially being one of the best players out there and come to find out you're being shopped," said Revis, who was interviewed at the Fischer Sports training facility in Arizona. "Yeah, it really hits home, but my focus is, it doesn't really matter where I'm at. I know what I can do. I'm confident in what I can do.

"Whether it be there with the New York Jets or another team, I have to do what I have to do and play ball and do my service to that team."

Revis has said in the past he wants to play his entire career with the Jets. This didn't sound like that guy. Perhaps jaded by the speculation, he seemed almost indifferent toward a possible trade.

Revis has never, can never and will never be the leader that Lewis OR Brady have been for their respective teams.

Revis is a great player, but he doesn't care as much as winning as the two players you listed.

There are a lot of reasons to keep Revis on the team for his career. Because Lewis and Brady were on their respective teams for their entire careers doesn't mean it's right for the Jets to do so with Revis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Updated story on latest Revis interview. He comments on trade talk, possibility of playing for Niners. #Jets http://t.co/cIvvec1Iqx

With trade rumors swirling, Darrelle Revis told a web-based sports show that reports of him being shopped "really hit home." At the same time, the Jets' star cornerback fueled the speculation by commenting on what it would be like to play for the San Francisco 49ers, one of the teams that may have interest in him.

"For me, looking at their roster and their team, I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy," Revis told Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson, who hosts "The Real Rob" show on the Internet. "Would it be awesome? I mean, yeah, my main goal as a player ... is to hold that Lombardi Trophy in the air and get that ring. They're definitely a contender and will be a contender for the next couple of years."

To be clear, Revis was asked about the possibility of playing for the 49ers; he didn't bring up the topic.

Revis also was asked to comment on reports of a possible trade.

"This definitely hits home, especially being one of the best players out there and come to find out you're being shopped," said Revis, who was interviewed at the Fischer Sports training facility in Arizona. "Yeah, it really hits home, but my focus is, it doesn't really matter where I'm at. I know what I can do. I'm confident in what I can do.

"Whether it be there with the New York Jets or another team, I have to do what I have to do and play ball and do my service to that team."

Revis has said in the past he wants to play his entire career with the Jets. This didn't sound like that guy. Perhaps jaded by the speculation, he seemed almost indifferent toward a possible trade.
    Starting to think that was more him just saying the right thing about always wanting to be a jet and less about his true feelings.

Revis wants to be wherever the largest possible paycheck is.

Starting to think that was more him just saying the right thing about always wanting to be a jet and less about his true feelings.

Revis wants to be wherever the largest possible paycheck is.
    Who disagrees with this statement?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: New comments from Revis. He tells Sea FB Michael Robinson (Real Rob Report), "(Trade rumors) definitely hit home, especially.." cont #Jets

@RichCimini: Revis, cont "...being one of the best players out there and come to find out you're being shopped. Yeah, it really hits home." #jets
    Nice going Idzik, way to start off your tenure here

Talk about quotes out of context...geez.

Heres the interview
    http://youtu.be/yqx1zoUskB4