Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I love Revis and want him to stay with the Jets. That being said, he should not have commented about the question from Cimini. His response should have been NO response.

It was not Cimini doing interview, it was interview on west coast with Seattle's Michael Robinson.

As to the outrage by fans on what he said?

The media, as usual, have their fishing poles out, and as usual, many of you are going after the worm...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want the best CB in the league ("especially being one of the best players out there") . I want the best team. Does Revis help us win 4-5 more games per year. Nope. He can say all he wants, but he's not worth for us to give 15 million per year. If he's not worth that, then trade him so we can rebuild, because the Jets are not winning anything soon.

It's almost like we (the fans) have all lost sight of all that. Defend the team, not the individual.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post

..... As usual quotes are taken out of context by many, and he's just responding to a question asked of him. It's not like he came out on his own saying this.

Most people would've answered the question the same way.

How the hell is a direct quote taken out of context? It is hilarious how many Jets fans always blame the "media" for the Jets problems.

And you are wrong. The vast majority of players currently under contract would not have said something as stupid as that. Hell, Revis probably paid Robinson big bucks just to ask the question.

How do you think Mangold, Harris, and D'Brick felt after hearing the Jets best player, who is still under contract with the Jets, say he'd "love to be hoisting Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers"?

Jets need to unload this selfish cancer as soon as possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I HATE THIS ORGANIZATION, WE NEED TO RE-SIGN REVIS! KEEP REVIS!"

Three days later ...

"REVIS IS A PIECE OF **** GET HIM OUT OF HERE NOW!"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How the hell is a direct quote taken out of context? It is hilarious how many Jets fans always blame the "media" for the Jets problems.

And you are wrong. The vast majority of players currently under contract would not have said something as stupid as that. Hell, Revis probably paid Robinson big bucks just to ask the question.

How do you think Mangold, Harris, and D'Brick felt after hearing the Jets best player, who is still under contract with the Jets, say he'd "love to be hoisting Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers"?

There's a difference between being the best, and being the best professional.

Revis only has one of those down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This does not change anything for me, I valued Revis as football player, I don't need to like him as a person. If they can sign him, I say great. If not, Idzik and the Jets should slow this game of chicken down, incur the off season bonus payments due to Revis and play him through September into late October looking for the best deal possible before the trade deadline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Please don't categorize Jets fans as the "blame the media" types. There are like 5 people who blame the media for everything. The rest of us know when a story is crap (Manish/Cimini) or when DIRECT QUOTES like these are significant.

Well said otherwise. There are so many ways Revis could have answered that question without basically saying "yeah, I'd love to be on the 49ers." That's a comment a free agent makes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the jets will find the market to be very thin in terms of teams who are willing to pay Revis the money that he will reportedly want. Maybe even nobody will be willing to go for that.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laughing stock in the eyes of the idiots who get caught up in the media hype....the Jets are a team making moves to get better....there were teams worse than them in 2012....they came off a bad 6-10 and 8-8 seasons.....buffoons make it seem like they were 2-14. The man was honest in his words...not sure how the Jets are a laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Jets are a laughing stock ... 49ers seems to be starting a long run at the top ... He just speaking his mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please explain how the current Jets team is a circus.....based on what? Revis makes an honest comment but one that wouls have been wisely unsaid and now the Jet are a circus? You need to pay more attention to your underacheiving Bucs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've never seen a circus like the Jets before.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly the buffoonery I am talking about.....I am still trying to see where the Jets created this so called mess. sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How? By extending him generously when he was still under contract? How do you come up with this stuff?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Im really beginning to think he is trying to sabotage his trade value to stick it to the Jets.

Revis can EAD and I couldn't think of a better place for him to do that.
    I lol'd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets have had alot of good1's leave and find a SB Ring recently..

Vilma
    Farrior
    MeShawn
    McKenzie

Weatherford
    Goodwin
    Ihedigbo
    Ward
    ect
    ect
    ect
    !!!
    This is where you should have stopped. The others had nothing at all to do with winning a SB. Farrior is the only one that was a real mistake, unless you include the stupid Vilma trade with Trader Mike neglecting to find a way to get the 2nd round pick we should have gotten.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In part 2 Revis talks, Jets, Sanchez, Tebow, draft needs ... finishes by saying it doesn't really matter where he plays just support him no matter what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=NKx-jj0H1RY#!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At some level exceptional players can sometimes price themselves above a point where any rational reading of the market makes any sense. The problem for the team who currently has them is that it really only takes one of the other 31 teams in order for the player to get what they want.

Look at Alex Rodrigues. I would strongly argue that as good as he has been in some years that he has NEVER been worth the 30 million per year that he is getting. Not even in his best statistical year has he been worth that much.

I think Darelle Revis is headed the same way. No rational observer of the NFL team salary cap thinks that $16 million per year is justifiable for a cornerback. Any cornerback. When you add to that that this is a player who will be 29 years old at the end of his current deal and one who is coming off a season lost to injury then that only compounds the potential lunacy of giving him what he wants.

I really doubt any story involving the 49'ers. They are a team who has been tough in terms of negotiating deals with their own talented roster and they are looking at a spate of excellent players who will want a new deal of their own in the near future. If you give megabucks to an outsider, one who has not bled with the 49'er team that it makes it next to impossible to play hardball with Willis or any of their own superstars. I just do not see them going down that road. How well did it work out for the Eagles again?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Please don't categorize Jets fans as the "blame the media" types. There are like 5 people who blame the media for everything. The rest of us know when a story is crap (Manish/Cimini) or when DIRECT QUOTES like these are significant.

Well said otherwise. There are so many ways Revis could have answered that question without basically saying "yeah, I'd love to be on the 49ers." That's a comment a free agent makes.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to lump all Jets fans together.

You are correct, there are only a handful of Jets fans who blame the media for everything.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    This is exactly the buffoonery I am talking about.....I am still trying to see where the Jets created this so called mess. sheesh.
    They haven't created this mess, Revis was a mess when he arrived. Revis has never changed his colors.

The popular thing to do these days is bash the Jets for everything from football to the current mess our country is in. Its all the Jets fault.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Im really beginning to think he is trying to sabotage his trade value to stick it to the Jets.

Revis can EAD and I couldn't think of a better place for him to do that.
    How does him wanting to play for another team diminish his trade value? I would think SF might rethink what they're willing to give knowing that he would like to play for them. In fact it sounds like he's trying to convince SF to pursue him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you caught it.....typical how some try and make things seem worse than it is in reality....he is making it sound like those players played a major role in the superbowl wins. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This is where you should have stopped. The others had nothing at all to do with winning a SB. Farrior is the only one that was a real mistake, unless you include the stupid Vilma trade with Trader Mike neglecting to find a way to get the 2nd round pick we should have gotten.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    The man was honest in his words...not sure how the Jets are a laughing stock.
    Revis is not a Free Agent. He is currently under contract with the Jets.

You see no problem with him saying he'd like to hoist Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers?