Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Woody's not a football guy, he shouldn't be making any football related decisions IMO. And I think the Jets should be attempting to re-sign Revis, don't agree with the Jets trying to trade him at all. Trade Cromartie instead.
    Yeah... and lock up a ridiculously disproportionate share of your cap space and payroll to a single corner back position, thereby limiting personnel options for several years to come? That would be a bad football decision, IMO. If Revis wants to play for $10,000,000 or less per season, then great. If not, let him and his rehabilitated knee find another team who is willing to allocate a ridiculous percentage of its cap room to a single DB on the mend.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Maybe we're all reading too much into this. But is it wrong as a fan of this team (and this player) to wish he had said, “My main goal as a player, all of us as players in the NFL, is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring. I would love to do that in New York, but we'll see what happens."

Should be an easy thing for a player to say while under contract for a team, whether that goal is realistic or not. Instead, he says "“Would it be awesome [to play for the 49ers]? I mean, yeah,”. That, combined with his narcissistic (and repetitive) contract demands, is why it's easy to be frustrated as a fan with a guy like Revis.
    They are all about the $. What player isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    After "shopping" Revis at the combine, no NFL team showed a material interest. This was done to show Revis that no one wants him and his ridiculous price tag. He will have to accept less money next year. Well done Idzik, well done.
    how do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets have had alot of good1's leave and find a SB Ring recently..

Vilma
    Farrior
    MeShawn
    McKenzie
    Weatherford
    Goodwin
    Ihedigbo
    Ward
    ect
    ect
    ect
    !!!
    LOL, when the 5th best player the Jets have let go in the last decade or so is a punter you should probably rethink clicking "submit reply."

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I think it's 622am where you're posting this from.
    Good luck today guy. It's looking like its gonna be a tough one for you.
    In fact, good luck with life, I'm guessing its been tough on you as well.
    This. When someone can spend this much time posting on a message board of a team he doesn't even root for, it tells you alot about the person. I used to find him annoying, now i kind of feel bad for patsfan

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    He never said he would love to be hoisting a trophy with the 49ers.

The actual quote is:

“Would it be awesome [to play for the 49ers]? I mean, yeah,” Revis said. “My main goal as a player, all of us as players in the NFL, is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring. They definitely are a contender, and will be a contender for the next couple of years.”

People are reading too much into this. He is not professing any great love for the 49ers. All he is saying is that he wants to win a SB.
    This. The dude was asked a question and he answered it. He hasn't been going around courting the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    how do you know this?
    Think about it...it was reported that the Jets were shopping him at the combine...its wasnt reported that a team was interested..people only speculate the 49ers because they have 15 draft picks....now Revis is going on the radio to sell himself that hes a good soldier....the only problem is you cant be a good soldier and demand starting QB money...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This. The dude was asked a question and he answered it. He hasn't been going around courting the 49ers.
    He hasn't , IMO, shown the kind of behavior of an athlete whose sole goal is hoist the Lombardi.

He is perhaps the greatest D player in the league when healthy but his Sean Gilbert behavior comes through....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to lump all Jets fans together.

You are correct, there are only a handful of Jets fans who blame the media for everything.
    As usual, you paint everything in terms of absolute black or absolute white. The above is a rare attempt to admit that it's not an all or nothing situation. The NY Media is despicable in its willingness to distort,exaggerate and, in a couple of cases, downright fabricate stories to grab attention. You know this. Boston media, on a much smaller scale, does similar things. Admit that the NY Media often likes to START trouble. Yes, a handful of fans tend to blame everything on them, which I agree is too extreme the other way, but to imply that the NY media have no share in this mess is just another one of those disingenuous moments for you. And, TX, there are way too many of those for anyone here to be giving you much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He hasn't , IMO, shown the kind of behavior of an athlete whose sole goal is hoist the Lombardi.

He is perhaps the greatest D player in the league when healthy but his Sean Gilbert behavior comes through....
    Flacco just demanded and got paid a contract that will hurt his teams chances of picking up FA's in the near future. 90 percent of athletes demand to get paid what they feel they are entitled to without ANY thought of how that contract will effect his teams chances of winning a super bowl in the future (only Brady who is already extremely wealthy and married to someone wealthier takes less than market value) As a Yankee fan, I have watched Jeter hold the Yankees hostage for a TERRIBLY inflated contract.

Sure Revis' holdouts are pathetic, but his contracts with the Jets have been commensurate with his performance. It's not like he gets a big contracts and gets fat and out of shape like many other high priced athletes do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Flacco just demanded and got paid a contract that will hurt his teams chances of picking up FA's in the near future. 90 percent of athletes demand to get paid what they feel they are entitled to without ANY thought of how that contract will effect his teams chances of winning a super bowl in the future (only Brady who is already extremely wealthy and married to someone wealthier takes less than market value) As a Yankee fan, I have watched Jeter hold the Yankees hostage for a TERRIBLY inflated contract.

Sure Revis' holdouts are pathetic, but his contracts with the Jets have been commensurate with his performance. It's not like he gets a big contracts and gets fat and out of shape like many other high priced athletes do.
    Very few "experts" agree with that logic. I dont care what Flacco does. I care about the JETS. Flacco is a QB and won a SB. The Yankee comparison is flawed as the Yankees do not have a CAP and Jeter fills seats and they won a few WS with him. Inflated? jeter is in my estimation the 6th greatest Yankee of all time.

Very few "experts" agree with that logic. I dont care what Flacco does. I care about the JETS. Flacco is a QB and won a SB. The Yankee comparison is flawed as the Yankees do not have a CAP and Jeter fills seats and they won a few WS with him. Inflated? jeter is in my estimation the 6th greatest Yankee of all time.
    Paying for past performance is a recipe for disaster. The Yankees did that with AROD and how did that turn out? The Yankees have a self imposed cap/budget. If they were paying Jeter at the market value they would have more money to spend on other positions.

Who cares if Flacco just won a super bowl should he just retire and the Ravens give up on the next 5 years? Doesn't he want to win another? This contract hamstrings the Ravens, yet he doesn't seem to care (nor should he and nor should Revis).

Hall Of Fame
    Paying for past performance is a recipe for disaster. The Yankees did that with AROD and how did that turn out? The Yankees have a self imposed cap/budget. If they were paying Jeter at the market value they would have more money to spend on other positions.

Who cares if Flacco just won a super bowl should he just retire and the Ravens give up on the next 5 years? Doesn't he want to win another? This contract hamstrings the Ravens, yet he doesn't seem to care (nor should he and nor should Revis).
    The Yankees paid AROD because they thought at the time he was going to break the all time HR record, and wanted him in pinstripes and on the YES Network doing that. It had nothing to do with what he had done in past for them. Trying to compare baseball and football salaries is futile, they are entirely different worlds, and when the Yankees are involved they are different universes.

Hall Of Fame

The ARod contract is a unique thing. You can't compare it to anything. ARod basically fired his agent and went over Cashman's head to Hank Steinbrenner. There was also a historical value to the contract b.c at the time it was believed that he would become the all-time HR and RBI king AND be clean.

Also there is no cap in baseball, that makes a huge difference. The Yanks have a budget now b.c the new CBA basically made the luxury tax so punitive that it will become a de facto salary cap. At the time of ARod's contract the Yanks "budget" was much higher than it is now. And like I said, he did not negotiate with Cashman who basically told him to piss off if he opted out.

Flacco is a QB. And he hit FA at an absolute perfect time. Did the Ravens overpay? Yes, they did but they overpaid a SB winning QB. If you are going to overpay anybody, that would be the person. Does paying that much money hurt their chances to sign other players? Of course it does. But nothing hurts worse than not having a QB.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-05-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Your passion is noticed and applauded. Unfortunately it comes through in your reasoning. I could argue that signing Revis and AROD back then are exactly the same risk I won't because it's not relevant. NO TEAM EVER won a SB with cap space tied up in a DB like Revis is requiring.

There MUST be a reason no expert agrees with you.

The healing can begin when we cut away the cancer. Get rid of Revis asap.

There is no room for "me" players on any team, good or bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Your passion is noticed and applauded. Unfortunately it comes through in your reasoning. I could argue that signing Revis and AROD back then are exactly the same risk I won't because it's not relevant. NO TEAM EVER won a SB with cap space tied up in a DB like Revis is requiring.There MUST be a reason no expert agrees with you.
    RC on most things is a very level headed fan.. But when you go by the name RevisChrist there is obvious bias in your thinking on this particular player..

some of you are overreacting a lot.. I read the whole interview, and Revis didsay he would like to stay a Jet BUT if he is to be traded..... bla bla bla.. I have no problem with that.. Its not like hes saying "man I hope they just trade me already " or " I cant wait to be on a contender" Thats probably what he is thinking, I know I would want out sooner than later since its clear its going to happen..

I know Revis wants to get paid, his first priority.. makes him no different than 95% of the rest of the top players in sports..

Im in favor of trading Revis for picks, only because MT has destroyed this team and we have to many holes..

Revis is speaking the truth, the odds of the 9ers winning the superbowl certainly go up with Revis.. had he been with the 9ers in this year maybe they do win the superbowl..

I dont think he is hurting the jets position, he may have helped it by pressure the 9ers to make a move.. He could have been a real doosh and said " i dont want to go to the 9ers if they just want me for a 1 yr rental" or he doesnt want to go to SF because he doesnt like gays or hippies...

I think the 9ers are going to be the team, atleast they have the picks to waste for revis even for a yr rental.. however they have plenty of picks this year,not next year.. If we dont work out a trade with them before draft, they probably will use 1 of their valued picks on a cb.. maybe then they decide they dont need revis.. Not saying they would be the only team, but it helps to have more teams involved so we get better value.. So far we havent heard any real rumors other than 9ers.. Surprisingly..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

I really doubt any story involving the 49'ers.
    I agree, the 49'ers are just a negotiating tool for Revis and his agents.

Sure, for a one year rental Revis might get his Super Bowl ring and then have a huge bidding war as a free agent. No way do the 49'ers give Revis a long term contract that would make him happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I agree, the 49'ers are just a negotiating tool for Revis and his agents.

Sure, for a one year rental Revis might get his Super Bowl ring and then have a huge bidding war as a free agent. No way could any team give Revis a long term contract that would make him happy.
    Fixed..