Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 542

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

  1. #1

    Dream Revis Scenario..

    Total pipe dream...

    Trade him..

    Get picks..

    Let him win a Super Bowl here in NJ with SF..

    Resign him!!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Awesome avatar pic. That is all.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Total pipe dream...

    Trade him..

    Get picks..

    Let him win a Super Bowl here in NJ with SF..

    Resign him!!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL thats REVIS's DREAM

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    lol good 1 john.. atleast this guy said "dream" some of our fans are craz and think teams will give up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and then if they resign him ...... 2 more 1sts lol

  6. #6
    Dream scenario is they sign him and win a Super Bowl...

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Dream Revis scenario, we get a playoff caliber Qb in the next two years. Nobody on this board is more pro Revis than myself, however, he isn't the almighty or the answer.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL, +1

    It's Saturday night, the alcohol is flowing

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,559
    Get a life.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Perfect !! Well done sir !!

  11. #11

    Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

    Just want to start off by saying hello and some of you may remember me from past post about different topics of interest from both the saints and Jets.

    First of all this is all hear say and rumor from people around the new orleans.

    I have heard the saints made a strong offer to trade for Revis this week here is the offer as I have heard it.

    saints offering 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next year that moves to #1 if saints reach super bowl.

    Any jets fans have heard of this rumor? Also I think the saints and jets should look at some of the players on each others roster and maybe a deal could be slightly easier to work out. Saints have a ton of RBs and it seems like they are interested in moving one jets seem like a great place for a chris ivory,mark ingram, or Pierre Thomas to make an impact.



    Also just want to say I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hill I think you guys have a future all pro WR with him once he gets his route running and consentration/ confidence to a high level watch out! Best of luck this year.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,079
    Where have you "heard" this rumor?

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by St. David View Post
    Just want to start off by saying hello and some of you may remember me from past post about different topics of interest from both the saints and Jets.

    First of all this is all hear say and rumor from people around the new orleans.

    I have heard the saints made a strong offer to trade for Revis this week here is the offer as I have heard it.

    saints offering 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next year that moves to #1 if saints reach super bowl.

    Any jets fans have heard of this rumor? Also I think the saints and jets should look at some of the players on each others roster and maybe a deal could be slightly easier to work out. Saints have a ton of RBs and it seems like they are interested in moving one jets seem like a great place for a chris ivory,mark ingram, or Pierre Thomas to make an impact.



    Also just want to say I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hill I think you guys have a future all pro WR with him once he gets his route running and consentration/ confidence to a high level watch out! Best of luck this year.
    Havent heard this offer from anybody but you but if it is true, deal.

  14. #14
    This is impossible to believe. The Saints are is MASSIVE Salary Cap hell right now. That is not a team in a position to sign a CB to a $14M/Year contract

    http://overthecap.com/the-saints-fut...lary-cap-mess/

    The Saints 2014 salary cap estimated to be $126.36 million for just 39 players under contract. Assuming their 5 draft choices all make the team that will bump that figure to about $130.8 million for 44 players, still 9 short of a full roster. And it could get worse. Because the Saints are still over the 2013 salary cap it means they will need to restructure more contracts to get under this years salary cap. All that is doing is throwing more money onto the 2014 salary

  15. #15
    almost...not quite...but defintely almost a no brainer

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,229
    I hope this comes to fruition.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    This is impossible to believe. The Saints are is MASSIVE Salary Cap hell right now. That is not a team in a position to sign a CB to a $14M/Year contract

    http://overthecap.com/the-saints-fut...lary-cap-mess/
    Once saints cut Will Smith & Roman harper and restructor J. Vilma they will be close to 20 Million under. That's without restructering Drew Brees.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    This is impossible to believe. The Saints are is MASSIVE Salary Cap hell right now. That is not a team in a position to sign a CB to a $14M/Year contract

    http://overthecap.com/the-saints-fut...lary-cap-mess/

    Beat me to it.


    That being said, if/once they cut Smith, Vilma, etc., they can get back under. Their cap is a nightmare after this season, however, so much so that maybe they try to put all their eggs in one basket this year.

    If the price isn't deemed to high, they can trade for Revis and have him as a one year rental. It makes more sense once you dig deeper. Revis's cap hit is a manageable $6MM this year. Graham is also on the cheap for one more year and is going to want a big payday in 2014. Brees isn't getting any younger either. Adding Revis would be an absolute boon to their defense, and he'd be able to slow down Steve Smith, Julio Jones, and Vincent Jackson all in that division. He has had particularly good success against Jackson.

    I don't buy the OP's rumor as any truth, but I think that if they cut the right guys, they could afford Revis for one year. Perhaps a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year that gets upgraded to a 1st if he signs an extension with the Saints. For a team that is conceivably making one final push, it's not as crazy as you'd think.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by St. David View Post
    Once saints cut Will Smith & Roman harper and restructor J. Vilma they will be close to 20 Million under. That's without restructering Drew Brees.
    No they won't and why will Smith renogotiate and play this year for almost min when he can become a FA @31YO rather than 32YO.

  20. #20
    Deal, but I would take Chris Ivory instead of the 3rd round pick I think.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us