Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes, but he does not want even 1 team to think there is a problem with a knee. 6 teams doctors look at his records, one doctor say gee its iffy if it will hold up this year without it swelling up. That team jumps out and spreads the word it is a medical issue. It gets spread around an the the other teams get antsy questioning their diagnosis. Revis hates this as it hurts his number of suitors willing to pay dollars, the jets hate this as it decreases the number of teams will to pay picks. You see this **** all the time the week prior to the draft where teams try to force a player down to them.

That is why I said he will only release his records after he is confident that the team is willing to meet his $$ demands.
    No one will sign him without a physical. His records will be part of that physical.

Appearing on NFL Live Wednesday, ESPN's Ed Werder predicted that the Jets will not get a first-round pick for Darrelle Revis.

"I think it's unlikely that the Jets can get a No. 1 pick," said Werder. "I think a lot of teams might consider giving up a (second-round pick) or less. The Jets are dealing from a position of obvious weakness. Two reasons: He's coming off ACL surgery in the final year of his contract. (And) his contract demands really have potential suitors worried the most. Teams know that if they wait a year, he'll become a free agent. They could get him for nothing." In addition to the 49ers and Falcons, Werder mentioned the Bucs and Lions as potential Revis suitors.
    Interesting part bolded. Why those teams?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Lions are obvious. Their secondary has been awful forever.

Bucs need to replace Ronde Barber's presence. Plus Schiano really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Lions are obvious. Their secondary has been awful forever.

Bucs need to replace Ronde Barber's presence. Plus Schiano really like him.
    Send him to the Bucs, and let him deal with Ryan and Brees twice/year each.

The Lions need to restructure Stafford's contract before they can even THINK of trading for Revis.

All League
    If Revis is getting traded, it's going to be to a team that thinks they can win a Super Bowl THIS YEAR. A team like the Niners or Falcons. Someone who is willing to pay up to get the best CB in the league a year before he becomes an FA and is free to sign with whoever gives him the most money.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, a Jets fan.
    Shocking to see on a Jets forum, eh?
    Typical Pats fan.

All Pro
    I think the assertion that the Jets can get a second round draft pick at best is completely false, but if true, then there is no point in trading Revis. They might as well keep him for a year and get a 3rd round comp pick when they lose him next year to free agency.

The only reason the Revis trade is even up for discussion is his big trade value. I think it's very doubtful that he'll fetch a second rounder at best when there are multiple teams bidding for a future HOFer in his prime. In my opinion, a trade would most likely come with a new contract or extension so the premise of a one year rental is a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I think the assertion that the Jets can get a second round draft pick at best is completely false, but if true, then there is no point in trading Revis. They might as well keep him for a year and get a 3rd round comp pick when they lose him next year to free agency.

The only reason the Revis trade is even up for discussion is his big trade value. I think it's very doubtful that he'll fetch a second rounder at best when there are multiple teams bidding for a future HOFer in his prime. In my opinion, a trade would most likely come with a new contract or extension so the premise of a one year rental a moot point.
    there is no guarantee the Jets will get a 3rd round comp pick. Comp picks are decided by comparing the aggregate FA losses to those signed. In theory, if the Jets lose Revis to FA and then sign a bunch of them themselves, it will be the net difference in contract $ that determines if the Jets gat a comp pick and what round it would be.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    there is no guarantee the Jets will get a 3rd round comp pick. Comp picks are decided by comparing the aggregate FA losses to those signed. In theory, if the Jets lose Revis to FA and then sign a bunch of them themselves, it will be the net difference in contract $ that determines if the Jets gat a comp pick and what round it would be.
    Of course it's not a guarantee, but it's very likely. Unless we go on a FA shopping spree next offseason, we should get a decent comp pick for Revis assuming he signs a mega contract.

Of course it's not a guarantee, but it's very likely. Unless we go on a FA shopping spree next offseason, we should get a decent comp pick for Revis assuming he signs a mega contract.
    Next offseason, Idzik will have the cap room to prowl free agency quite well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Next offseason, Idzik will have the cap room to prowl free agency quite well.
    We shall see. Idzik has stated that building through the draft will be the team's main focus. In terms of comp picks, the Jets would most likely need to bring in three higher profile free agents to offset the loss of Revis.

In any case, if all they can fetch for Revis this year is a second rounder, then pass. The only reason you trade him (and take a $3 million cap hit in the process) is his theoretically high trade value. A second rounder wouldn't do the trick if it was my decision to make.

We shall see. Idzik has stated that building through the draft will be the team's main focus. In terms of comp picks, the Jets would most likely need to bring in three higher profile free agents to offset the loss of Revis.

In any case, if all they can fetch for Revis this year is a second rounder, then pass. The only reason you trade him (and take a $3 million cap hit in the process) is his theoretically high trade value. A second rounder wouldn't do the trick if it was my decision to make.
    How is a '14 comp 3rd round pick, at best, (approx pick #97-98) better than a '13 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How is a '14 comp 3rd round pick, at best, (approx pick #97-98) better than a '13 2nd round?
    it's not. Revis isn't going to do much to propel the Jetsinto the 2013 playoffs... so what's the point of saving him only to lose him as a FA after 2013? And... the odds of getting a round 3 pick are so slim. You can count the number of those over the years on one hand. More likely, after you net out the FA losses and gains, the Jets will get something, but not likely a 3rd. Idzik should consider any offers for a 2013 2nd rounder + a 2014 2nd rounder or better.

I'm not a big drinker anymore, but man am I going to crack a few when Revis is off this team. I am beyond sick of talking about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm not a big drinker anymore, but man am I going to crack a few when Revis is off this team. I am beyond sick of talking about this guy.
    AMEN!

Hall Of Fame
    Anybody see the report on NFLN that BOTH the 49ers and Falcons ARE NOT interested in Revis. Rapaport and Breer reporting.

Manish and Cimini...........

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anybody see the report on NFLN that BOTH the 49ers and Falcons ARE NOT interested in Revis. Rapaport and Breer reporting.

Manish and Cimini...........
    They they can go on their merry ways.

Revis on San Fran in 2012 = Superbowl victory.

/Thread.

Hall Of Fame
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-darelle-revis

49ers, Falcons not interested in Jets' Darelle Revis

Whether Rex Ryan cops to it or not, the New York Jets are looking to trade Darrelle Revis.

The real question is whether the Jets will find a team willing to pay the price for the star cornerback.

During an Wednesday appearance on "NFL Total Access," NFL.com's Ian Rapoport said the San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons are not interested in Revis, despite reports connecting Revis to the teams.

The Falcons are focusing on their own free agents, while a Niners source gave a succinct summation of the reports: "Don't believe any of that crap."

Rapoport also spoke with two general managers in an effort to get a ballpark price on what Revis might command on the trade market. Both GMs believed the Jets could get back a 2013 first-round pick as well as a 2014 conditional pick that will be at least a second-rounder.

Given Revis' trade price, contract wishes, and uncertain health status, don't be surprised if the Jets struggle to find a dancing partner.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-darelle-revis

49ers, Falcons not interested in Jets' Darelle Revis
    I don't buy it. Posturing.