Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Jet View Post
    No team in their right mind will give us what we want in trade compensation for Revis until they can see with their eyes that he is not damaged goods that will flame out.

Also, for the contract he will want, again they will want to see him back at his previous level of play.

I think we will have to resign him this year so as to prevent him from walking next year and receiving nothing in compensation.

To that end, we will need to craft a trade friendly deal that he would accept- maybe throw in the caveat that he could have some say as to where he is going with the exception of an Afc east team. Also make sure it heavily incentive laden based on performance with a lot of benchmarks to allow extra $$- this way it is to his benefit to perform to his max.

If all goes well he gets traded and we get lots of picks, or he decides to stay in which case we have a premier cb.

On the chance he falls apart - no harm no foul, by redoing his contract as a heavily incentive laden deal, if he flames out, we trade him next year for what we can and we get cap space to add new players.

What is the opinion of what I laid out????
    That last thing Revis would accept is an incentive-laden contract.

It will be all about guaranteed money and a yearly salary of $15MM+.

Hall Of Fame
    We're going to sign Revis to a new contract with approx. 8mil in cap room (5mil for rookies)? Whatever you're smoking, pass it on over.

Revis is going to be looking for something in the nieghborhood of 40 Mil in guaranteed money to sign and if he gets traded that would all be charged to the following years cap instead of being prorated.

teams are bluffing, after our Dumba$$ owner had to make it a public matter (like everything) that he wants Revis out.. Teams now know jets are desperate, since they know Johnson is cutting Revis a check. and he Revis does no good to the jets for next year only, being we have to endure another sancheztanking season..

Unless something can be worked out up until draft day, let revis come into camp to prove to the teams worried about him coming backfrom injury.. let him start the season even.. When teams db's are getting beat and costing games, coaches/gm will panic and thats when the best offer will happen..

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    Trade the BEST CB in the league? No wonder fireman Ed defected. Revis is not arguably our best player, he IS our best player. If they friggin trade him, it'll just because the new GM needs to justify his existence. So friggin retarded if that happens. I just may have to follow fireman Ed's lead and defect.

I've been a long suffering Jets fan. Gladly. I supported them thru the worst of times and for my whole life growing up on Long Island. But cutting Revis...the only TRULY great & exciting thing about this team would be such a mind boggingly huge slap in the face to the fans.

I felt the same way when they cut Leon Washington. Why do the Jets keep trading their most exciting players yet pay up for insanely stupid ones like Tebow???? What a friggin waste! They said it'd confuse defenses. LOL. But they never even used the guy! All that move did was **** with Sanchez's head even more. A total friggin backfire.

And now they wanna let Revis go? Unbe****inleavable. Seriously. Just the fact that they are even entertaining letting him go is beyond retarded. For team building? LOL gimme a friggin break. Im all for rebuilding. But you build WITH your best in place...not shove them out the door and start completely over.

I gotta tell ya....Fireman Ed's gonna have company if this comes true. I might have to sit this whole season out in protest. Something I have never done before.

Cause you just KNOW with the Jets luck, that IF they DO trade Revis, the team that gets him will get to the SuperBowl. LOL. You just KNOW it. And wouldn't that be yet another humiliating kick in the crotch for us long suffering Jets fans?

Argh.
    Did Fireman Ed leave or just go into hiding?

I think Revis is to blame for the attitude of some Jets fans. He really comes across as greedy.

Tebow was brought in to sell tickets. I bet it worked.

I don't understand why Revis gets a free ride on the injury factor. He has lost some games to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Time to get some draft picks and say good bye to Me Me, Unca Sean, the Schwartz Bros ambulance chasers and the rest of the entourage. No way he resigns with the Jets for next season with him and his greedy crowd slobbering at the trough of free agency. We either get a late first and a third this year and a first next year for him or a maybe compensatory fourth round pick next year if we are lucky

And the bonus of being able to kick Unca Sean's fat butt out the door is almost worth a draft pick in itself
    LOL. Oui, monsieur. C'est vrai.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    teams are bluffing, after our Dumba$$ owner had to make it a public matter (like everything) that he wants Revis out.. Teams now know jets are desperate, since they know Johnson is cutting Revis a check. and he Revis does no good to the jets for next year only, being we have to endure another sancheztanking season..

Unless something can be worked out up until draft day, let revis come into camp to prove to the teams worried about him coming backfrom injury.. let him start the season even.. When teams db's are getting beat and costing games, coaches/gm will panic and thats when the best offer will happen..
    +10000000

well said

All League
    or just pay the man his market value. After this season, the idea that the Jets are in cap hell is mindless. Once again, (historically) teams that trade the all-time player ,lose the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Did Fireman Ed leave or just go into hiding?

I think Revis is to blame for the attitude of some Jets fans. He really comes across as greedy.

Tebow was brought in to sell tickets. I bet it worked.

I don't understand why Revis gets a free ride on the injury factor. He has lost some games to injury.

ofcourse fireman ed went into hiding.. He was a diehard sanchez supporter.. he became bitter and angry when he finally had to be one of the last ones to admit (and Sar) Sanchez is horrible and wasnt turning it around.. even though week after week we were told "just wait you will see"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    We're going to sign Revis to a new contract with approx. 8mil in cap room (5mil for rookies)? Whatever you're smoking, pass it on over.
    Completely possible. Revis is under contract for this year. Any new deal could easily be structured as an extension. Even if its not, the bulk of the new money doesn't need to hit in this year. The team could create a $30m option bonus om 2014 that is guaranteed. The Jets have a lot of free cap space in 2014 and beyond.

The question is.....do the Jets want to pay Revis that kind of coin with the roster?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Completely possible. Revis is under contract for this year. Any new deal could easily be structured as an extension. Even if its not, the bulk of the new money doesn't need to hit in this year. The team could create a $30m option bonus om 2014 that is guaranteed. The Jets have a lot of free cap space in 2014 and beyond.

The question is.....do the Jets want to pay Revis that kind of coin with the roster?
    What event in the past has you of the opinion that Revis would be amenable to a cap-friendly deal with low up-front money?

There are two choices:
    1. Have Revis come to camp. Show what he has and plays under the current contract. However, we have seen in the past he develops mysterious physical problems sometimes and dogs it. Let him go after 2013.
    Frankly, who knows if he will ever be the same.
    2. Trade him NOW for a reasonable offer: a #1 and a #3. The advantage is dumping his salary and attitude. Pick up CB in the draft. Millner of Alabama or Trufant of Wash come to mind as big time. His attitude and salary demands are still an impediment to a trade though. You will not get too much for him in picks because of that factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    All of this would be relevant if he was worth 16mil a year. He isn't. No cornerback is. Hell if it wasn't for Al Davis f*cking that entire market up a couple years ago we might not be in the position we are in today. This is absolutely ridiculous to even talk about. If you think giving a cornerback 16 million dollars per year when you don't have any offensive players to speak of is the right way to rebuild then I don't really know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He's a DB who wants QB money. He's not getting it, and more importantly, he's not worth it.
    talent and value are two completely different things. the issue here is that revis' talent is way higher than his value to an nfl team. he wants to be paid based on his talent, which tannenbaum did. now, gms want to pay revis based on his relative value to an nfl team, and he's 'upset'. this is a sobering realization for him, that he's not 'worth' nearly as much as other elite players at other, more important positions. the nfl is clearly a passing league where the best teams outscore their opponents and occasionally stop them on defense. this means no nfl team will pay one cornerback $16 mil/yr when they can still be beaten by rbs, tes, and slot wrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    All of this would be relevant if he was worth 16mil a year. He isn't. No cornerback is. Hell if it wasn't for Al Davis f*cking that entire market up a couple years ago we might not be in the position we are in today. This is absolutely ridiculous to even talk about. If you think giving a cornerback 16 million dollars per year when you don't have any offensive players to speak of is the right way to rebuild then I don't really know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He's a DB who wants QB money. He's not getting it, and more importantly, he's not worth it.
    add in the fact there will probably be more holdouts when his annual salary declines and guys start making more than him after a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    add in the fact there will probably be more holdouts when his annual salary declines and guys start making more than him after a couple of years
    "But, but Revis is our holdout..We drafted him and he needs to retire a Jet"

Revis will probably holdout of his jersey retirement ceremony because he will want to be the first listed player of Jet jersey's retired.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    or just pay the man his market value. After this season, the idea that the Jets are in cap hell is mindless. Once again, (historically) teams that trade the all-time player ,lose the trade
    People viewed Herschel Walker as an all-time great RB before he was traded. How'd that work out for the Cowboys?

I would never trade an all-time QB, but an all-time CB (that Darrell clearly is) can be expendable assuming we get the right price for him.

Aources close to Darrelle Revis told The Post last night that Revis wants to stay a Jet.

Wants owner Woody Johnson — more than Arthur Blank of the Falcons, more than Jed York of the 49ers, more than anyone — to show him the money.

“He wants to remain a Jet,” the source said. “He has never asked to be traded.”
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...ctbmJHRTdeqJfP

Interesting, this strikes me as the Jets and Revis (or Revis's agent) having a conversation and the Idzik or whomever saying, "Hey, jackass, the more you say you want to move, the less likely we are able to trade you, and the less likely you are getting massive guaranteed money before FA next year"

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    "But, but Revis is our holdout..We drafted him and he needs to retire a Jet"

Revis will probably holdout of his jersey retirement ceremony because he will want to be the first listed player of Jet jersey's retired.
    LOL, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Utter nonsense. Whether our owner makes it public or not does not impact Revis' trade value one bit. Eventually our owner or GM has to let other teams know that Revis is available and then those teams, assuming they want Revis, will make their best offer. Whether Woody makes this known on ESPN or even private calls to each team, the end result is the same.

Stop being a sheep to the media hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...ctbmJHRTdeqJfP

Interesting, this strikes me as the Jets and Revis (or Revis's agent) having a conversation and the Idzik or whomever saying, "Hey, jackass, the more you say you want to move, the less likely we are able to trade you, and the less likely you are getting massive guaranteed money before FA next year"
    It just strikes me as a continuation of what Andrew Brant tweeted yesterday and it's Revis Agents talk so their client doesn't seem like the bad guy..

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Sense the "Revis to be traded" sources are Revis and his agents. Agent playbook working here.