Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How is a '14 comp 3rd round pick, at best, (approx pick #97-98) better than a '13 2nd round?
    Because you get a full year of an all pro CB on your roster and it also sends a message to other gms that you are not a push over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Because you get a full year of an all pro CB on your roster and it also sends a message to other gms that you are not a push over.
    It could also send messages to other GMs that you are stupid for not trading him for a 2nd rounder and letting him go for, at best, the '14 #97 pick.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade the BEST CB in the league? No wonder fireman Ed defected. Revis is not arguably our best player, he IS our best player. If they friggin trade him, it'll just because the new GM needs to justify his existence. So friggin retarded if that happens. I just may have to follow fireman Ed's lead and defect.

I've been a long suffering Jets fan. Gladly. I supported them thru the worst of times and for my whole life growing up on Long Island. But cutting Revis...the only TRULY great & exciting thing about this team would be such a mind boggingly huge slap in the face to the fans.

I felt the same way when they cut Leon Washington. Why do the Jets keep trading their most exciting players yet pay up for insanely stupid ones like Tebow???? What a friggin waste! They said it'd confuse defenses. LOL. But they never even used the guy! All that move did was **** with Sanchez's head even more. A total friggin backfire.

And now they wanna let Revis go? Unbe****inleavable. Seriously. Just the fact that they are even entertaining letting him go is beyond retarded. For team building? LOL gimme a friggin break. Im all for rebuilding. But you build WITH your best in place...not shove them out the door and start completely over.

I gotta tell ya....Fireman Ed's gonna have company if this comes true. I might have to sit this whole season out in protest. Something I have never done before.

Cause you just KNOW with the Jets luck, that IF they DO trade Revis, the team that gets him will get to the SuperBowl. LOL. You just KNOW it. And wouldn't that be yet another humiliating kick in the crotch for us long suffering Jets fans?

Argh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    Trade the BEST CB in the league? No wonder fireman Ed defected. Revis is not arguably our best player, he IS our best player. If they friggin trade him, it'll just because the new GM needs to justify his existence. So friggin retarded if that happens. I just may have to follow fireman Ed's lead and defect.

I've been a long suffering Jets fan. Gladly. I supported them thru the worst of times and for my whole life growing up on Long Island. But cutting Revis...the only TRULY great & exciting thing about this team would be such a mind boggingly huge slap in the face to the fans.

I felt the same way when they cut Leon Washington. Why do the Jets keep trading their most exciting players yet pay up for insanely stupid ones like Tebow???? What a friggin waste! They said it'd confuse defenses. LOL. But they never even used the guy! All that move did was **** with Sanchez's head even more. A total friggin backfire.

And now they wanna let Revis go? Unbe****inleavable. Seriously. Just the fact that they are even entertaining letting him go is beyond retarded. For team building? LOL gimme a friggin break. Im all for rebuilding. But you build WITH your best in place...not shove them out the door and start completely over.

I gotta tell ya....Fireman Ed's gonna have company if this comes true. I might have to sit this whole season out in protest. Something I have never done before.

Cause you just KNOW with the Jets luck, that IF they DO trade Revis, the team that gets him will get to the SuperBowl. LOL. You just KNOW it. And wouldn't that be yet another humiliating kick in the crotch for us long suffering Jets fans?

Argh.
    Except for the reported info that Woody is the one that has directed the trade exploration and that he's tired of dealing with Revis and his agents over his contract every couple of years.

They wouldn't be cutting Revis they would be trading him.

They traded Leon.

If they do trade Revis who cares what happens to that team. The trade is to try and get the Jets better long-term.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It could also send messages to other GMs that you are stupid for not trading him for a 2nd rounder and letting him go for, at best, the '14 #97 pick.
    What nonsense. The next time any team is in trade negotiations with you and see you caved for a paltry 2nd rounder for revis you will receive low ball offers. It would be idioptic to trade him for a 2nd round pick. We have him under contract for a full year. I am not opposed to trading him, if we did it for a 2nd round pick I would rage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except for the reported info that Woody is the one that has directed the trade exploration and that he's tired of dealing with Revis and his agents over his contract every couple of years.

They wouldn't be cutting Revis they would be trading him.

They traded Leon.

If they do trade Revis who cares what happens to that team. The trade is to try and get the Jets better long-term.
    Fair for both sides?

I'd like for us to make out in the deal and rob someone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What nonsense. The next time any team is in trade negotiations with you and see you caved for a paltry 2nd rounder for revis you will receive low ball offers. It would be idioptic to trade him for a 2nd round pick. We have him under contract for a full year. I am not opposed to trading him, if we did it for a 2nd round pick I would rage.
    I might be wrong on this. The comp pick (if the Jets would get one) would be in the '15 draft. I believe comp picks are awarded a year after the FA player leaves. So my post above should be '13 2nd vs '15 comp.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    No one will sign him without a physical. His records will be part of that physical.
    Agreed, but no team will get his records until he is confident that a deal can be put into place that he wants. He is not going to say "here are my records look them over and get back to me" Are you interested in me at "xyz dollars" no, ok see you in Feb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trading Revis is a GREAT idea. I applaud Idzik for ballsing up to make a deal like this. This team is far away from becoming a contender again. Devoting 25 million dollars combined in our 2 Corners is a terrible idea. Besides, trading Revis speeds up our rebuilding process at least 2 years.

Tampa Bay and San Fran are the most likely.

If we can nab a 1st and 2nd for Revis with Tampa, it'd be a great move. We have so many positions to rebuild with.

4 picks in the first 2 rounds would jumpstart our rebuilding process.

Coming out of a draft class with: Cordarrelle Patterson, Geno Smith, Jamie Collins, Barrett Jones, Marcus Lattimore, and a Tyrann Mathieu would put us in the position Seattle is in today. You need to rebuild through the draft. This is the deepest draft I have ever scouted. Rounds 2-4 is a legit gold mine. Trade Revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't buy it. Posturing.
    Given the feeding frenzy that took place when Aso was on the market, Revis should cause that to the tenth power.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DON'T TRADE REVIS, it's just amazing that other teams find ways to hold onto there best players and we can't.

Example

Brady
    Manning's
    Ray Lewis
    Rodgers
    Peterson
    Urlacher
    Polamolu
    Brees

And many more with teams that have won super bowls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    DON'T TRADE REVIS, it's just amazing that other teams find ways to hold onto there best players and we can't.

Example

Brady
    Manning's
    Ray Lewis
    Rodgers
    Peterson
    Urlacher
    Polamolu
    Brees

And many more with teams that have won super bowls.
    Most of those players are QBs, which is a totally different animal.

Revis doesn't have the impact Polamalu had at his best. I'd take Troy over Revis at both of their best.

We're not any of those teams. Minnesota hasn't done anything substantial with Peterson.

SB winning teams listed above are:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is a '14 comp 3rd round pick, at best, (approx pick #97-98) better than a '13 2nd round?
    The comp pick is obviously worse, but that's not an accurate comparison.

Revis 2013 season + 2015 3rd round pick > 2013 2nd round pick

As Beerfish mentioned, rejecting a potential trade for a 2nd round pick sends a message to the rest of the league that the Jets will not be short changed for a premium player.

Also, by keeping Revis on the roster next season, the Jets buy time to get their finances in order and see how Revis' knee reacts. The terms of a long term deal and the team's ability to make an offer could be significantly different next year compared to right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Most of those players are QBs, which is a totally different animal.

Revis doesn't have the impact Polamalu had at his best. I'd take Troy over Revis at both of their best.

We're not any of those teams. Minnesota hasn't done anything substantial with Peterson.

SB winning teams listed above are:
    QB or not they got paid, Revis is just as valuable as Polumolu. It is just ridiculous that in the end the Jets will screw this up, the Jets have to at least be respectful to Revis and there fans by trying to sign him to a new deal. But it's the Jets who always screw us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB or not they got paid, Revis is just as valuable as Polumolu. It is just ridiculous that in the end the Jets will screw this up, the Jets have to at least be respectful to Revis and there fans by trying to sign him to a new deal. But it's the Jets who always screw us.
    I don't think Polamalu, Lewis, Urlacher and Peterson ever got 15 million/yr. I know it's years later, but Revis wants way more than his position is worth, and we cannot afford to pay that. We may very well lose him next year in a rebuilding year that means little. Why not get something substantial for him?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on what other FAs we sign we might not get a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Revis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    This is the problem--Revis can hold out without actually holding out. He can do so by faking an injury and sitting out practice. Remember, he actually did that before.

Revis will pass his physical and go through the walkthrough or whatever so he won't have to be on the PUP list. Then he'll claim his knee is sore and then be on the stationary bike for all of August if necessary.

This is how Revis operates. This is what he's done in the past and it's reasonable he'll do it again. Everything he does is in order to get a new contract. He'll get it from the Jets or a new team.

Philly, good post, but I disagree that the trade waits until the season. Big trades don't happen in the NFL unlike the other sports. Revis will be gone by draft day because the Jets, in rebuilding mode, want two drafts worth of picks. If they wait till the season, they'll only get 1 draft worth.
    Don't disagree with you SMC, but I do think that unless the Jets get serious compensation, and I'm inclined to think a 1 and a 2 or 3 this year, and a 1 next year, then they don't need to move him. If they get an offer starting at a 2, it's not worth it before the draft. Just the fact that they could hold on to him til the trading deadline will either motivate an interested team to step up, or will push Revis to bring down his signing price with the Jets. The Jets don't need to be desperate here. Revis has more on the line than the Jets do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polamalu never asked for 16mil a year. How do some of you who fawn over this guy not understand this. He is a greedy d*ck who doesn't care what team he is on or whether of not he's liked. The only thing he cares about is getting paid. HE IS TRYING TO SCREW US.

I don't give a damn if he is the best corner to step foot on the field, you don't give a friggin CB 16mil per year and cripple your entire franchise just so your fans can say "So what if were not that good? We got the best cornerback ever!!!". ESPECIALLY, if you need to improve just about every important position on offense.

Tebow fans are slowly sounding more reasonable than guys who want to pay a friggin DB the world and then some.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans are nuts. Revis aint going anywhere. Jets fans probably think they got the better end of the Keyshawn Johnson deal! Keyshawn won a Superbowl. Jet got a blocking tight and a pussss of a player in John Abraham. Keep Revis. Draft an OLB and all offense after that.