Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what we have heard this is old news.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "According to The Daily News"

DUMP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Dwayne Bowe was the last WR to have a 100 yard receiving game against Revis.
    Bowe is a solid receiver but I was just laughing at PMarsico's assertion that the Pats not stealing him and paying him $15M/year is the reason why the Pats are screwed. I feel sorry for myself for taking the bait with absolute morons such as him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atlanta makes no sense to me, they have about 15 mill and need to sign William Moore, and 4/5th of their oline. And they play split safety zone. I think this is just that their top 3 corners are FA, so there is a need is a obvious need but without looking at it in detail.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Pats fans are more concerned about the Bills and Phins.

You never worry about the worst team in the division.
    Oh you mean like Arizona last year?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would so much rather send Cro to atlanta for the 60th pick and resign revis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this time the pats WRs are in a state of Limbo, 2 of them are FA and the other one is being questioned in the media a a bad fit. In two months this thread will have more relevance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    At this time the pats WRs are in a state of Limbo, 2 of them are FA and the other one is being questioned in the media a a bad fit. In two months this thread will have more relevance.
    NFL Network reporting deal close between Welker and the Pats.

"They both realize they need each other." Sort of crap.

I thought Lloyd would have been better than he was. Looked like a steal initially, but didn't play out that way.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pats went after Wallace - but he wants big $ (he wants more than he's worth, way more).

Amendola would be a waste of $ if they re-sign Welker. They need the stretch the field guy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Wtf are you talking about. This has nothing to do with your statement about success over a ten year period.
    It has nothing to do with my statement?

It has everything to do with it.

The 49ers dynasty did not have to worry about losing Free Agents and they also did not have to worry about a salary cap.

Pretty easy to keep a good team together without worrying about losing good players and paying them anything the owner wants to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's re-set this thread since it's merged with all the awesome Revis garbage going on.

Revis.

The man, the myth, the legend.

If he is traded, what will the New York Jets fans remember him as? A great cornerback or a greedy bastard?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PatsFanTX.

1: You worry about every team in your division. Even if they are the worst team. Look at the NFC South. For a period of time the team that finished in last place the year prior won the division next year.

2. You know my position on the Patriots achievements. Remember I'm a Yankee fan. A team that in their history won 5 straight World Series at one point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool merge.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Dream scenario is they sign him and win a Super Bowl...
    I said it was a dream scenario not a miracle..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol good 1 john.. atleast this guy said "dream" some of our fans are craz and think teams will give up 2 1sts, a 2nd, and then if they resign him ...... 2 more 1sts lol
    I know..

I said dream which means I am fully aware that it could never ever happen!!

Some people take everything as if the poster means gospel..

Like it would really happen..

But a pipe dream.. Yeah.. good one if it happened..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the merges.. Completely ruins the continuity.... Let a thread die on it's own..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    NFL Network reporting deal close between Welker and the Pats.

"They both realize they need each other." Sort of crap.

I thought Lloyd would have been better than he was. Looked like a steal initially, but didn't play out that way.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pats went after Wallace - but he wants big $ (he wants more than he's worth, way more).

Amendola would be a waste of $ if they re-sign Welker. They need the stretch the field guy.
    First I don't believe anything I hear regarding the pats from the media. BB frowns on letting the media in on anything and the agents who work with him know this.

To me Amendola is Endleman, talented but can't stay on the field.

I still think Lloyd is and was a steal, what other FA got that kind of production for 3.5mill dollars. Are some teammates and coaches a little off put by his "lone wolf" attitude, I am sure but that is no reason to let a guy go that gets 900 yards and gets paid less than 4 mill a year. The media up hear throws out all sort of crap hoping to get a response out of the pats every year, it is the same thing and every year the team says nothing. You would think after 12 years they would stop trying.

Wallace to me fits a need but not personality wise. I don't see him carrying any water for anyone but himself. "Holmes Like" not as bad but similar.

Not trolling, but I think he makes a play for Edwards.
    Last edited by patman; 03-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and I'm guessing that Revis will release his records after the deal is 90% complete, with the team being able to back out based on his medical, but Revis will not release his records without some parameters in place. he does not want to have ten teams have access to his records and have three of them say they are no longer interested in him due to his medical condition. That will scare teams and will ruin his trade value to the jets.
    All he has to do is sign a consent to release records.

It is a 1 page document. Every doctor's office on the planet has one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Bowe is a solid receiver but I was just laughing at PMarsico's assertion that the Pats not stealing him and paying him $15M/year is the reason why the Pats are screwed. I feel sorry for myself for taking the bait with absolute morons such as him.
    17-1.

Remember that?

and 1. Since then, how many regular season losses? Oh Moss was a douche? Guess what, so is Brady. So are all the great ones. Your coach's value is overestimated and you are not winning a Super Bowl until he's fired and you have no shot in hell once Brady retires, regardless.

$15/million a year gives the Patriots the best QB/WR combination in the NFL.

Bowe is freaking awesome. He's AVERAGED nearly 1200 yards a season despite having no QB.

You want to dispute that, then go for it. But mistaking Welker or either TE for an elite WR is your own loss.

I'm not going to argue with you. I draw alot of pleasure watching Belichick and Brady make that face over and over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    All he has to do is sign a consent to release records.

It is a 1 page document. Every doctor's office on the planet has one.
    Yes, but he does not want even 1 team to think there is a problem with a knee. 6 teams doctors look at his records, one doctor say gee its iffy if it will hold up this year without it swelling up. That team jumps out and spreads the word it is a medical issue. It gets spread around an the the other teams get antsy questioning their diagnosis. Revis hates this as it hurts his number of suitors willing to pay dollars, the jets hate this as it decreases the number of teams will to pay picks. You see this **** all the time the week prior to the draft where teams try to force a player down to them.

That is why I said he will only release his records after he is confident that the team is willing to meet his $$ demands.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First I don't believe anything I hear regarding the pats from the media. BB frowns on letting the media in on anything and the agents who work with him know this.

To me Amendola is Endleman, talented but can't stay on the field.

I still think Lloyd is and was a steal, what other FA got that kind of production for 3.5mill dollars. Are some teammates and coaches a little off put by his "lone wolf" attitude, I am sure but that is no reason to let a guy go that gets 900 yards and gets paid less than 4 mill a year. The media up hear throws out all sort of crap hoping to get a response out of the pats every year, it is the same thing and every year the team says nothing. You would think after 12 years they would stop trying.

Wallace to me fits a need but not personality wise. I don't see him carrying any water for anyone but himself. "Holmes Like" not as bad but similar.

Not trolling, but I think he makes a play for Edwards.
    I don't think that Edwards to NE is out of the question. I've said that before as well. Personally, I think Braylon likes New York. It's his favorite place to be.

Honestly, I was expecting a fantasy breakout year for Lloyd. He was decent, but nothing exceptional. Welker still steals the show.

Pats have so many weapons out there (with Gronk and Hernandez), and the emergence of a running game gave them a new dimension that was minimal in recent years.

Wallace is just not worth what he's looking for. I agree on that one too, especially the personality comment. Pittsburgh is basically turning him away for the same reasons. Miami's making a push for him when FA starts (allegedly).