Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

If the Saints do that, they'll have to clear so much cap space by cutting a bunch of players.

Deal, from the perspective of a Jets fan. With those 3 picks, the deal is worth it.

Good luck getting to the Superbowl after that.

Jets Insider VIP
    We need more large-breasted avatars around here; maybe if we made that a requirement people will be likely to get into arguments all the time.

If this rumor is true then the Jets are getting other offers as well. Revis is as good as gone come March 12 I think or as soon as trades are allowed. If Im Idzik and I have some decent deals pending I would trade Revis the first possible moment I can. No need to wait. Get er done.

The Saints pass defense is terrrible. They were 31st in passing yards allowed and tied for 2nd worst in TD's allowed (31 TD's). No matter how explosive their offense may be, that defense is absolutely horrible against the pass and something dramatic needs to be done about it. Adding Revis to that picture might raise them to at least middle of the pack against the pass, which would allow the offense to bury the other team in points.

It makes a whole lot of sense for New Orleans to do this, but can they afford to do it? That's another question, but it would require some significant moves on their part to get it done.

Well, if you believe Incarcerated Bob (lol), the Broncos, Vikings and Saints are the three teams vying for Revis, not the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If this rumor is true then the Jets are getting other offers as well. Revis is as good as gone come March 12 I think or as soon as trades are allowed. If Im Idzik and I have some decent deals pending I would trade Revis the first possible moment I can. No need to wait. Get er done.
    +1

Although, I find it difficult to believe this one.

Plus, no significant source.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Well, if you believe Incarcerated Bob (lol), the Broncos, Vikings and Saints are the three teams vying for Revis, not the 49ers.
    He who shall not be named has been named !!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Where have you "heard" this rumor?
    He overheard the same person at SAR's gas station that said the Jets would definitely be drafting Reggie Bush

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Well those are the three teams that make sense wanting him. Other than those, and SF, it would have to be a team with cap space that has an idiot GM. There are still a lot of those. Time will tell, but the guys saying we should keep him, including many in the media are proof that there are people out there that think he's worth the money he wants. I wouldn't be jumping the gun if I was Idzik. Just please John make sure you don't get out smarted like Trader Mike did in our last trade with NO.

why are you guys questioning his source?

those titties are incredible!!

and you can't spell incredible without, you guessed it, "credible."

BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    why are you guys questioning his source?

those titties are incredible!!

and you can't spell incredible without, you guessed it, "credible."

BOOM
    +1

Most valid rumor post of the year for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by St. David View Post
    Just want to start off by saying hello and some of you may remember me from past post about different topics of interest from both the saints and Jets.

First of all this is all hear say and rumor from people around the new orleans.

I have heard the saints made a strong offer to trade for Revis this week here is the offer as I have heard it.

saints offering 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next year that moves to #1 if saints reach super bowl.

Any jets fans have heard of this rumor? Also I think the saints and jets should look at some of the players on each others roster and maybe a deal could be slightly easier to work out. Saints have a ton of RBs and it seems like they are interested in moving one jets seem like a great place for a chris ivory,mark ingram, or Pierre Thomas to make an impact.

Also just want to say I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hill I think you guys have a future all pro WR with him once he gets his route running and consentration/ confidence to a high level watch out! Best of luck this year.
    To hell with Revis....who is she?

Practice Squad
    If this is really on the table, you take it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by St. David View Post
    Just want to start off by saying hello and some of you may remember me from past post about different topics of interest from both the saints and Jets.

First of all this is all hear say and rumor from people around the new orleans.

I have heard the saints made a strong offer to trade for Revis this week here is the offer as I have heard it.

saints offering 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next year that moves to #1 if saints reach super bowl.

Any jets fans have heard of this rumor? Also I think the saints and jets should look at some of the players on each others roster and maybe a deal could be slightly easier to work out. Saints have a ton of RBs and it seems like they are interested in moving one jets seem like a great place for a chris ivory,mark ingram, or Pierre Thomas to make an impact.

Also just want to say I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hill I think you guys have a future all pro WR with him once he gets his route running and consentration/ confidence to a high level watch out! Best of luck this year.
    You may know the OP from the world famous threads "Here's a little nugget - the Bongopalooza Story" and "Jon Vilma traded for Conditional Pick", so I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post

He overheard the same person at SAR's gas station that said the Jets would definitely be drafting Reggie Bush
    I was going to re-set that one; great F'n job, 16.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I was going to re-set that one; great F'n job, 16.
    Is the Macy's day parade going to be available in HD this year?

All Pro
    REVIS

for-

BREES, GRAHAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    REVIS

for-

BREES, GRAHAM
    Deal. No take backs. You can't triple stamp and double stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    This is impossible to believe. The Saints are is MASSIVE Salary Cap hell right now. That is not a team in a position to sign a CB to a $14M/Year contract

http://overthecap.com/the-saints-fut...lary-cap-mess/
    they dont have to sign him this year..hes under contract

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    they dont have to sign him this year..hes under contract
    True, but I don't believe the Saints would give a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for a guy they can only keep for one season.

Revis for one season is a steal, I believe he will cost another team only $6M against the cap, but they will have to pay $13-$15M to keep him after that.