Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    RC on most things is a very level headed fan.. But when you go by the name RevisChrist there is obvious bias in your thinking on this particular player..
    Thanks... i think. But seriously, I am not suggesting that we give Revis the money he wants, i have been pretty adamant that we need to trade him. I am just defending his right to get as much money as possible. Not sure what "Experts", as southpark noted, disagree with me on that issue.

Hall Of Fame
    I dont think most Jet fans have an issue with Revis wanting to be paid. I think the problem of late is that Revis seems to be shocked that he is even rumored to be available via trade. You would think that a player such as Revis, who has played the hold out game a couple times, played the threaten to hold out game and constantly chirps about his contract every year, would not recognize that this is a business. Its not just a business for Revis, but for the Jets as well. Revis wants to act like he is as valuable to the Jets as a franchise QB would be, but the reality is that he isnt even the best defensive player in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Thanks... i think. But seriously, I am not suggesting that we give Revis the money he wants, i have been pretty adamant that we need to trade him. I am just defending his right to get as much money as possible. Not sure what "Experts", as southpark noted, disagree with me on that issue.
    It's the way Revis has gone about his business that grates on most fans..And that includes me as well.. How many other top players have the holdouts Mevis does?? BTW that was a compliment..

MT killed the Jets.. grossly overpaid Holmes.. The sanchez extention 1 of the worst decisions a NFL gm has ever made.. Allow Revis to have in his contract he cant be franchised was a terrible stupid mistake.. It will end up costing us a 1st round pick.. We may get a late 1st now, or early 2nd.. but teams would have given 2 1sts if the franchie tag was on the table.. 10 million for CB, would make him a bargain 2 year rental atleast...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Fixed..
    Ha, Savage, .... it's going to be fascinating to see who gives Revis the money he wants when he signs his next contract be it this year or next year.
    My guess is that it will be a huge deal but not as much as Revis thinks he is worth.

My belief is that the mega contracts are going to take teams out of contention. Joe Flacco's contract means that the Raven's have to continue to hit on all cylinders with their drafts, less contract room for role players.
    Drew Bree's contract likewise limits the Saints.
    Tom Brady's contract means they can keep that window open for longer, possibly even a smooth fiscal transition to the next Pat's run of good years. Brady knows he is respected as one of the best QB's in the game, he does not need 20 million a year to prove it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    MT killed the Jets.. grossly overpaid Holmes.. The sanchez extention 1 of the worst decisions a NFL gm has ever made.. Allow Revis to have in his contract he cant be franchised was a terrible stupid mistake.. It will end up costing us a 1st round pick.. We may get a late 1st now, or early 2nd.. but teams would have given 2 1sts if the franchie tag was on the table.. 10 million for CB, would make him a bargain 2 year rental atleast...
    Agree 100%. Getting Revis for basically 8 million per year (6 for this year 10 for next) for 2 years would double the trade value for Revis. I have to imagine that Tanny took the franchise tag off the table in exchange for the no hold out clause. Terrible deal for the Jets.

I understand that he was just answering a question. But he should have said nothing and should have given a Belichick-like answer.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This. The dude was asked a question and he answered it. He hasn't been going around courting the 49ers.
    Revis is smart. He knew what he was saying.

C. Orr: Revis says 'it doesn't matter' where he plays and that Jets need more weapons

In part one of Darrelle Revis' interview with Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson, you might recall Revis saying that it would be "awesome" to play for the San Francisco 49ers.

That, of course, was on top of reiterating his disappointment about being traded. He said that hearing the rumors "hit home," mostly because he feels he's "one of the best players out there."

Well, part two of the Michael Robinson interview is out and Revis continues to speak candidly about his team, and briefly touches on his relationship with Richard Sherman. As a special treat, he also gets into his feelings on Roger Goodell (he thinks the commissioner has too much power, a not-so-surprising opinion shared by a lot of other players).

One of the most telling quotes, though? That he doesn't care where he plays next season.

"Revis Island will be back on the field soon," he said. "I don't know we'll see where the future leads to -- if I'll be back with the Jets or not. It really doesn't matter. I just want to play football."

Let's get into the rest of the interview here, starting with the team needs for 2013.

"Just looking at how things are working over there, he's trying to clean house to get some great players over there. Get underneath the cap space and get some great guys. That's what we want there. We want guys for Mark Sanchez to throw to, some deep threats, and on defense, we got a couple problems at linebacker we need to fix as well. And on the defensive line."

He continues: "We got the draft coming up, I'm sure we're going to do well in the draft. We're trying to get a defensive end or defensive tackle because we need a pass rusher, so right now it's a rebuilding mode for us.

We'll try and get the right pieces to the puzzle for 2013.

Robinson, who knows how to ask the right questions, shifted focus to Sanchez, and asked Revis if he thinks the maligned Jets QB can get the job done.

"Yes, Mark Sanchez can get it done but we have to put the right weapons around him for him to be successful, I think that's always been the thing with Mark," Revis said. "That should be our focus, for Mark Sanchez to put the right guys around him so he can be successful. Even if you look at him at USC, he had some great athletes around him, some great guys, and that's what you have to surround him with."

Robinson brought up another quarterback, Tim Tebow, and both of them fumbled into a brief series of giggles before getting back on track. Robinson was a quarterback who made the transition to fullback in the NFL. He wanted Revis' opinion on whether that should be the case with Tebow, too.

"Man, that's a tough question," Revis said. "I think anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I know Tim is a hard worker and he's always gonna be like that it's really not my opinion of what he does and what he's going to do in the future it depends on teams and if they want him. If he stays with us we should try ad get him a Wildcat package that really fits him and surround him with guys that can really help him in that package.

"If he ends up going somewhere else, I think they'll have to focus on that too."

You can find the rest of the interview here:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...it_doesnt.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I understand that he was just answering a question. But he should have said nothing and should have given a Belichick-like answer.
    mumble?

No doubt in his mind that Sanchez will be #1 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Im really beginning to think he is trying to sabotage his trade value to stick it to the Jets.

Revis can EAD and I couldn't think of a better place for him to do that.
    If he truly does that, we should play him on specials all year. See what that does for his value and wear/tear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Im really beginning to think he is trying to sabotage his trade value to stick it to the Jets.

Revis can EAD and I couldn't think of a better place for him to do that.
    In the land of Dick Eaters, no offense WCO

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to lump all Jets fans together.

You are correct, there are only a handful of Jets fans who blame the media for everything.
    Who might they be?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Who might they be?
    32 has an itchy trigger finger as of late, I'd rather not say.

Veteran
    An essential part of the Revis debate was highlighted by Jason's awesome Revis/Trade Timeline salary cap hit chart at nyjetscap.com ...

Take a look ... http://www.nyjetscap.com/2013_Articl...-timeline.html

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    maybe because hes still under contract with the jets?

what other player in the NFL who's under contract with a team talks about winning a championship with someone else?
    I would take take 1st & 2nd round pick from them for Revis and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I would take take 1st & 2nd round pick from them for Revis and never look back.
    Honestly, if Revis plays all world the next 3 years, how many games does that win us more than if we didn't have him.

I would argue maybe zero to 1 game more.

Just like this past season. How many games would he have won for the Jets had he played the entire season? Maybe 1 (Pats?). Maybe?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Honestly, if Revis plays all world the next 3 years, how many games does that win us more than if we didn't have him.

I would argue maybe zero to 1 game more.

Just like this past season. How many games would he have won for the Jets had he played the entire season? Maybe 1 (Pats?). Maybe?
    Not even. marks mistakes even withbthe greatest defense are insurmountable.

Again a great player and team mate when under contract and no money issues to stew about.
    Yet for the Jets anywhere near 16 million is insane, if you ask me, anything over 10 million is just out of the question for this team. Yes he may be worth the 10 or more for some team, but teams in our situation cannot pay a CB QB monies.
    No doubt what is best for the long term outlook of the NY Jets is to turn DR into 2 or 3 starters in position of need and never look back.
    I have to believe that with the continued development of Rex's defensive front, we can be a little more forgiving on the back side.