Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Talking 49ers/Merged Revis X 10 REvispalooza

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do you think Mangold, Harris, and D'Brick felt after hearing the Jets best player, who is still under contract with the Jets, say he'd "love to be hoisting Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers"?

Jets need to unload this selfish cancer as soon as possible.
    They probably thought: "Yeah, those 9ers are getting really good. I wish i had the opportunity to get shopped onto a real Superbowl contender next year!" I really doubt they thought he was some horrible traitor, seeing as they are all professional athletes looking to make as much money as they can before their careers are over.

I agree the standard "Well I'm still a jet until they tell me otherwise" answer would've been more politic, and probably wiser. However there are no negative consequences at all for what he said besides a segment of jets fans whining that were ready to get rid of him anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Yes I see a problem with him being honest....my point still is that how is the Jets a laughing stock???? what did they do wrong this time??? LOL No and I mean NO CB deserves 15 mil a year....if Revis is out the door then so be it. I like the Jets stance....its just comicl how because the media has reeled in so many of you....you bite everything on the line. To call them a laughing stock? lol Get real. This is a new season...new GM....new moves...last I saw 2012 is over. Jets are focused on the now and the future.

Revis is not a Free Agent. He is currently under contract with the Jets.

You see no problem with him saying he'd like to hoist Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers?

Hall Of Fame
    Its called having common sense and TACT....Revis showed neither with such a comment.

You see no problem with him saying he'd like to hoist Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

It was not Cimini doing interview, it was interview on west coast with Seattle's Michael Robinson.

As to the outrage by fans on what he said?

The media, as usual, have their fishing poles out, and as usual, many of you are going after the worm...
    What the hell does the media have to do with it, are they supposed to ignore a player under contract for one team saying it would be wonderful to play for another.

Revis is a cornerstone player a most likely a HOFer for the jets, He was hurt that the jets did not discuss the possibility of him being traded before Woody broached it to the media. Whether this sense of entitlement is right or wrong, the jets are well aware that his feeling of entitlement exists woody should have foreseen that Revis would take it the way he has. So he will go off pouting and will continue until The jets say he will not be traded or until he is traded.

He still has the biggest card to play in this, his refusal to release his medical records to a team that is willing to trade for him without a long term negotiation taking place. this will eliminate a lot of the teams that may wish to rent him for the season.

Hall Of Fame
    unless it has been reported via a viable source what you say is meaningless....I also heard that the Jets are offering wes walker a 5 mil a year contract to come back......lol

Quote Originally Posted by St. David View Post
    Just want to start off by saying hello and some of you may remember me from past post about different topics of interest from both the saints and Jets.

First of all this is all hear say and rumor from people around the new orleans.

I have heard the saints made a strong offer to trade for Revis this week here is the offer as I have heard it.

saints offering 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next year that moves to #1 if saints reach super bowl.

Any jets fans have heard of this rumor? Also I think the saints and jets should look at some of the players on each others roster and maybe a deal could be slightly easier to work out. Saints have a ton of RBs and it seems like they are interested in moving one jets seem like a great place for a chris ivory,mark ingram, or Pierre Thomas to make an impact.

Also just want to say I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hill I think you guys have a future all pro WR with him once he gets his route running and consentration/ confidence to a high level watch out! Best of luck this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    How does him wanting to play for another team diminish his trade value? I would think SF might rethink what they're willing to give knowing that he would like to play for them. In fact it sounds like he's trying to convince SF to pursue him.

You don't see how this could hurt the Jets in their negotiations with SF? Teams will use any and all information on a player. If they know that they are the pretty much the only team he would OK a trade to (he has to OK it b.c he will demand an extension as part of the trade), they are not going to bid against themselves.

Or, they can tell the Jets that he is a malcontent and there is additional risk involved for them.

Either way, it makes it harder for the Jets to get what they want. Anytime he opens his mouth it can only hurt our cause.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Jets expressing interested in traded Revis: OK.

Revis expressing an appreciation for one team that he could possibly be traded to: Blasphemy!!

Got it.
    Rex and Idzik never made a comment to the media about trading Revis that I recall?? Speculation by the media is all I ever read based on the contract Revis wants..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You don't see how this could hurt the Jets in their negotiations with SF? Teams will use any and all information on a player. If they know that they are the pretty much the only team he would OK a trade to (he has to OK it b.c he will demand an extension as part of the trade), they are not going to bid against themselves.

Or, they can tell the Jets that he is a malcontent and there is additional risk involved for them.

Either way, it makes it harder for the Jets to get what they want. Anytime he opens his mouth it can only hurt our cause.
    Wouldn't refusing kick in his holdout clause?? There is more then one way to hold out..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Wouldn't refusing kick in his holdout clause?? There is more then one way to hold out..
    Would love for that to be true, but doubt it was written into the contract that way.

While I understand its a business, and he feels "hurt", or "direspected", etc., he still is under contract and should have said "I'm under contract with the Jets, and I'm working hard to get back on the field and help the team improve, and ultimately win a championship. My loyalty is to the team that pays me to do the job, and right now that is the NY Jets."

I also like Idzik letting the world know that Revis' progress is better than expected. He wants to trade him. I want him to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've never seen a circus like the Jets before.
    The Jets aren't the circus, the mensturating Jets fans, like yourself, are the ones that are the circus clowns.
    Last edited by revischrist; 03-05-2013 at 09:23 AM.

I hope Revis is traded and signs a huge guaranteed, multi-year, deal. Then, becomes an average corner who is routinely burned. But, in one of the greatest moments as Jet fans, we watch as Revis blows a last minute, game winning, coverage in the Super Bowl costing the Niners the victory.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

How the hell is a direct quote taken out of context? It is hilarious how many Jets fans always blame the "media" for the Jets problems.

And you are wrong. The vast majority of players currently under contract would not have said something as stupid as that. Hell, Revis probably paid Robinson big bucks just to ask the question.

How do you think Mangold, Harris, and D'Brick felt after hearing the Jets best player, who is still under contract with the Jets, say he'd "love to be hoisting Lombardi Trophy's with the 49ers"?

He never said he would love to be hoisting a trophy with the 49ers.

The actual quote is:

“Would it be awesome [to play for the 49ers]? I mean, yeah,” Revis said. “My main goal as a player, all of us as players in the NFL, is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring. They definitely are a contender, and will be a contender for the next couple of years.”

People are reading too much into this. He is not professing any great love for the 49ers. All he is saying is that he wants to win a SB.

Continuing to show your inability to read and comprehend, let me help you a little bit:

This definitely hit home especially being one of the best players out there and come to find out you’re getting shopped. It really hits home.
    He never said he wants out. Our front office made it pretty clear that they'd like to trade him. And there you go. Why would he still say that he wants to play for a team that doesn't want him? Troll fail.

How the hell is a direct quote taken out of context? It is hilarious how many Jets fans always blame the "media" for the Jets problems.

And you are wrong. The vast majority of players currently under contract would not have said something as stupid as that. Hell, Revis probably paid Robinson big bucks just to ask the question.

I think it's 622am where you're posting this from.
    Good luck today guy. It's looking like its gonna be a tough one for you.
    In fact, good luck with life, I'm guessing its been tough on you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post

The actual quote is:

“Would it be awesome [to play for the 49ers]? I mean, yeah,” Revis said. “My main goal as a player, all of us as players in the NFL, is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring. They definitely are a contender, and will be a contender for the next couple of years.”

People are reading too much into this. He is not professing any great love for the 49ers. All he is saying is that he wants to win a SB.
    Thanks for posting the direct quote. Some people needed it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    acting like professionals? they shopped there best player under contract at the combine.
    That's what GM's do. Professionally. They seek deals that can improve their team's situation. Unfortunately for us, the best way to improve the Jets' situation, both personnel wise and cap wise, is to make as good a deal as possible for Revis. Finally, and hopefully, we will have a GM going about it the right way. By the way, dopey, you can only shop players you have under contract. So I don't get your "under contract" reference. Would you like Idzik to shop imaginary players that the Jets do not have under contract? Your posts get dumber and dumber as time goes on. You are really not the sharpest tool in this shed, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Nice going Idzik, way to start off your tenure here
    It certainly is. Message to current and future Jets: No more "me-first" nonsense. This is a team. I stand up and applaud Idzik for this bold stand. We'll miss Revis, but this is necessary. Revis, if he wants to be a Jet, can certainly capitulate. Players do so all the time. See Tom Brady. But Revis is all about Revis and not much else.

Again... BRAVO Mr. Idzik, Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post

The actual quote is:

Maybe we're all reading too much into this. But is it wrong as a fan of this team (and this player) to wish he had said, “My main goal as a player, all of us as players in the NFL, is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring. I would love to do that in New York, but we'll see what happens."

Should be an easy thing for a player to say while under contract for a team, whether that goal is realistic or not. Instead, he says "“Would it be awesome [to play for the 49ers]? I mean, yeah,”. That, combined with his narcissistic (and repetitive) contract demands, is why it's easy to be frustrated as a fan with a guy like Revis.

After "shopping" Revis at the combine, no NFL team showed a material interest. This was done to show Revis that no one wants him and his ridiculous price tag. He will have to accept less money next year. Well done Idzik, well done.