Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex is not in charge

Rex is not in charge

I have said it once so I will say it again. If Rex Ryan was in charge of this team, do you think we would have gotten to this stage in the Revis situation?

And don't say "But it was Woody" Then Woody is in charge. There can be only one person in charge.

And for people ho still believe Rex is in charge, I may have to ask the question again. Puppet master or Buffoon. Can't be both.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I have said it once so I will say it again. If Rex Ryan was in charge of this team, do you think we would have gotten to this stage in the Revis situation?

And don't say "But it was Woody" Then Woody is in charge. There can be only one person in charge.

And for people ho still believe Rex is in charge, I may have to ask the question again. Puppet master or Buffoon. Can't be both.
    What is your infatuation with making sure everyone knows that Rex is not in charge??

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What is your infatuation with making sure everyone knows that Rex is not in charge??
    It's a matter of logic vs. supposition. Logic will win the day

Banned
    It's a matter of logic vs. supposition. Logic will win the day
    I doubt that. This is JI, after all.

Seems like we have a "revelation" thread every other day. Good stuff.

All League
    A football organization is nothing more and nothing less than a corporate structure. There is only 1 person truly in charge. The one who signs the checks.

Anyone who thinks different is woefully misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I doubt that. This is JI, after all.
    All the more reason to shove it down the throat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We don't know the powers in Jets management. We do know that Revis is only being shopped due to our cap situation. Rex doesn't control that.

What "stage"? Revis is rehabbing and has not recovered from his injury. What do you expect the Jets to do, sign him for 4 years at $16 million a year before they know he is fully recovered? Do you expect the Jets to sign Revis at those numbers if and when he is fully recovered? Do you think any other team will trade for him before he shows he has fully recovered? The Jets are playing the Revis situation the best that they can. I personally don't feel they will do anything until the late summer at the earliest. The press does not know anything and is just trying to sell newspapers. We should all just relax about this and let Idzik do his job of getting us out of the complete and unadulterated mess that the accountant Tannenbaum put us in.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You have no idea who's truly in charge.

Mods please change the title of this thread to "I hope Rex is not in charge".

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I doubt that. This is the Jets, after all.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You have no idea who's truly in charge.

Mods please change the title of this thread to "I hope Rex is not in charge".
    Just following the logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Did you ever think that even Rex has grown tired of his BS? And/or how Revis' knee might factor into things?

Everything with you is black and white. Why can't there be exceptions? There are exceptions to everything. Why can't Rex be in charge AND we still trade Revis? Why can't he be a buffoon and every once in a while make a good decision? Blind squirrels find nuts, broken clocks are right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did you ever think that even Rex has grown tired of his BS? And/or how Revis' knee might factor into things?

Everything with you is black and white. Why can't there be exceptions? There are exceptions to everything. Why can't Rex be in charge AND we still trade Revis? Why can't he be a buffoon and every once in a while make a good decision? Blind squirrels find nuts, broken clocks are right twice a day.
    First off, I was saying how can he be called a buffoon yet have the mental fortitude and sneakiness to be a puppet master. This has nothing to do with him making good decisions.

Secondly, we know that Rex is loyal to a fault, players like Eric Smith being around here for long can attest to that, before being released this year.

Why wouldn't this loyalty continue with a player that he has praised so much?

Plus, if he wants to stick around, he needs good players to help him keep his job. Would he want to go into his lame duck season without any good players?

If he feels so secure in his job and feels that he has control over Woody, that leads back to question one.

See, it is a logical cycle.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-05-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Rookie

If he's in charge......... why would he have a "lame-duck" status. Most of this board thinks that Idzik just can't wait to fire Rex and get "his guy" in here.

If Rex was in charge...... first order of business would be an extension.

Banned
    Fixed.
    You were a case in point to my original statement.

Hall Of Fame
    First off, I was saying how can he be called a buffoon yet have the mental fortitude and sneakiness to be a puppet master. This has nothing to do with him making good decisions.

Secondly, we know that Rex is loyal to a fault, players like Eric Smith being around here for long can attest to that, before being released this year.

Why wouldn't this loyalty continue with a player that he has praised so much?

Plus, if he wants to stick around, he needs good players to help him keep his job. Would he want to go into his lame duck season without any good players?

If he feels so secure in his job and feels that he has control over Woody, that leads back to question one.

See, it is a logical cycle.
    I guess "logic" is in the eye (or brain) of the beholder.

Remember Rex getting pissed about Revis' situation on Hard Knocks. I even think Rex has his breaking point. And again, the knee is a factor in this. Makes it easier to say goodbye.

Of course Rex needs good players. Every coach needs good players. But he also needs a good team. And paying a CB coming off an ACL injury top dollar makes that hard to do. What Rex needs more than anything is to have a great draft and find a QB. His D got by without Revis.

And Rex is not a lame duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    If he's in charge......... why would he have a "lame-duck" status. Most of this board thinks that Idzik just can't wait to fire Rex and get "his guy" in here.

If Rex was in charge...... first order of business would be an extension.
    Rex isn't a lame duck. He has two years (2013,2014) left on his contract.

I guess "logic" is in the eye (or brain) of the beholder.

Remember Rex getting pissed about Revis' situation on Hard Knocks. I even think Rex has his breaking point. And again, the knee is a factor in this. Makes it easier to say goodbye.

Of course Rex needs good players. Every coach needs good players. But he also needs a good team. And paying a CB coming off an ACL injury top dollar makes that hard to do. What Rex needs more than anything is to have a great draft and find a QB. His D got by without Revis.

And Rex is not a lame duck.
    Maybe not contractually, but in terms of fans and public, this is his last chance. This could easily reach Matt Millen status in terms of popularity.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-05-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe not contractually, but in terms of fans and public, this is his last chance. This could easily reach Matt Millen status in terms of popularity.
    So much for all that logic you were talking about. What exactly could reach Matt Millen status?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mike Tannenbaum was the only football-man in the Jets organization. Now that he's gone, we have no leadership.

Idzik clearly sucks. Might as well have Rex call the shots.

SAR I